We're about to be eliminated from the playoffs

tyke1doe

Reaction score
There is actually another possibility should Washington win another, but it's less likely. If Dallas ended up in a 3 way tie with AZ and Min (or possibly another - say Chi/Det - not sure) they could get the 7th seed.
We loss to the Cardinals. We'd lose head-to-head tiebreaker wouldn't we?

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
One more Washington win or Dallas loss and we are out, bros.

If that happens in the next two weeks (it will) it'll make no sense for Dalton to start another game. He won't be here next year. Gilbert should finish out the season.

I'll be curious to see what they do at QB once they are mathematically eliminated.
Any chance that Dalton has any playing time incentives in his contract?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
One more Washington win or Dallas loss and we are out, bros.

If that happens in the next two weeks (it will) it'll make no sense for Dalton to start another game. He won't be here next year. Gilbert should finish out the season.

I'll be curious to see what they do at QB once they are mathematically eliminated.

Yes, we all know you are curious to see what the Eagles do at QB once the Eagles are mathematically eliminated.

Yes, we know you are ‘wentzing’ in pain and all ‘butt-hurts.’

Just want you to know we are here for you and will provide you the therapy you need to cope.

fivetwos

Reaction score
His deal was for 3-7M, so yes, he's going to most likely hit the 7M mark.
I recall plenty of it being team performance type stuff.

At least 1M of the 7 is tied to the team winning the SB w him or I'm completely ignorant....possibly both.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Why would that matter?
Guessing he wants to play someone else to save cap space not realizing how that backfires the next time Dallas tries to sign a vet QB.

Things like that just arent done because it gets you a bad rap around the league.

Cutting your extremely overpaid and unproductive DT to save 8M before the season starts, that's something else.

Expect Dalton to play if he can.

AtomicDog

Reaction score
Have draft lottery for 5 worst records. That way we can easily justify rooting for victories and not "hoping" For losses.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Dalton will start as long as he’s healthy. Jerry gave him his word. A Lannister always pay his debts.

blueblood70

Reaction score
3 games left long offseason coming

why bother with whos playing and whos not for 3 games? lets let it happen and get ready for what changes might be coming again LONG offseason, appreciate we had football or sports of any kind in 2020..i know it suks this year stings but its sports and bigger life issues going on , so appreciate what we have not all the small stuff.."dont sweat the small stuff" and the things our of your control..

it doesn't matter our years toast and 3 games left....just let them finish it out..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dalton will start as long as he’s healthy. Jerry gave him his word. A Lannister always pay his debts.
IT DOESNT MATTER EITHER WAY WHY WORRY ABOUT THIS CRAP..UGHH

NO ONE SHOULD CARE AT THIS POINT WITH 3 LEFT..DALTONS OUR BACKUP HEALTHY AND WHY SHOULDNT HE PLAY?

SOME OF THIS IS PLAIN NONSENSE..WELL MOST OF IT..:facepalm::banghead:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Any chance that Dalton has any playing time incentives in his contract?

He does but they're attached to playoff berths:

Contract Notes:
  • 50% snaps + a playoff birth: $1M
  • 35% regular season snaps + 50% playoff snaps
    + 1st round win: $500,000
    + 2nd round win: $500,000
    + NFC Championship: $750,000
    + Super Bowl win: $1.25M :muttley:

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
IT DOESNT MATTER EITHER WAY WHY WORRY ABOUT THIS CRAP..UGHH

NO ONE SHOULD CARE AT THIS POINT WITH 3 LEFT..DALTONS OUR BACKUP HEALTHY AND WHY SHOULDNT HE PLAY?

SOME OF THIS IS PLAIN NONSENSE..WELL MOST OF IT..:facepalm::banghead:

I agree...I’d like Dalton to start. He’s trying out for a starting position elsewhere next season and if he gets it, we get a 3rd rounder in 2022.