We're about to be eliminated from the playoffs

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Healthy Dak wins 3 more games and we are sitting at 7-6. (Philly,Pitt and first game against washington) but its water under the bridge at this point.

If your going to play that game, why not have Dak win all the remaining games before his injury...I mean the greatness cannot be stopped.

starfan1

Reaction score
If your going to play that game, why not have Dak win all the remaining games before his injury...I mean the greatness cannot be stopped.

well that was stupid statement but coming from a hater like you Im not shocked. Those games were played and we already know the result. At least my statement while its opinion the fact is the cowboys were averaging over 30 points a game with Dak. You can at least see the rationale in assuming that based on the scores of those games Dak would have put up more points.

regardless its water under the bridge. I shouldnt need to make a clarifying statement because sane fans would realize this.I wont be responding back to you again when you come back with your stupid garbage time statements. Merry xmas

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
well that was stupid statement but coming from a hater like you Im not shocked. Those games were played and we already know the result. At least my statement while its opinion the fact is the cowboys were averaging over 30 points a game with Dak. You can at least see the rationale in assuming that based on the scores of those games Dak would have put up more points.

regardless its water under the bridge. I shouldnt need to make a clarifying statement because sane fans would realize this.I wont be responding back to you again when you come back with your stupid garbage time statements. Merry xmas

Hater? lmao...If I'm not in love with The Dak because I don't like the way he plays, I'm a hater. That's all you guys resort to, hater. smfh. That's what a kid would say.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Healthy Dak wins 3 more games and we are sitting at 7-6. (Philly,Pitt and first game against washington) but its water under the bridge at this point.
Nope. No QB is winning that first game against Washington. Not even Mahomes.

Dalton would have also won against Philly and Pitt.

starfan1

Reaction score
Nope. No QB is winning that first game against Washington. Not even Mahomes.

Dalton would have also won against Philly and Pitt.
while i respect your opinion I disagree. Dak was putting up 30+ a game and Washington wasn't playing D that well earlier in season. Dalton would have beat Philly but I'm not going to say Pitt. I actually think Garrett gilbert or whatever his name is performed very well against what at that time was the #1 defense.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
while i respect your opinion I disagree. Dak was putting up 30+ a game and Washington wasn't playing D that well earlier in season. Dalton would have beat Philly but I'm not going to say Pitt. I actually think Garrett gilbert or whatever his name is performed very well against what at that time was the #1 defense.

Dak and better offensive lines were putting up 30+ pts a game. Sometimes after the other team relaxed (foolishly) a bit.

The issue with the first Washington game was that DL against the terrible OL that played that day. You can't play QB behind what happened in that game.

Gilbert did okay, but Dalton would have done better most likely (other issues certainly didn't help).

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
You do make a good point...at this point there is no evidence that Dalton is any better than Gilbert. With money being tight next year, would be wise to see if Gilbert can be #2 for a lot less money than Dalton would get.

Wise to look at Gilbert and develop him. We have his rights. I don't think There's any question about whether we keep him.

Though I wonder about what kind of RFA tender we'd put on him, and whether someone would find it worthwhile to give us a pick for him.

Putting more tape on Gilbert out there could be a good thing to convert him into a pick.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Wise to look at Gilbert and develop him. We have his rights. I don't think There's any question about whether we keep him.

Though I wonder about what kind of RFA tender we'd put on him, and whether someone would find it worthwhile to give us a pick for him.

Putting more tape on Gilbert out there could be a good thing to convert him into a pick.

Pretty sure he will be a street free agent. He has been in the league more than 4 years I am almost positive.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Bohuntr97

Reaction score

FVSTONE

Reaction score
One more Washington win or Dallas loss and we are out, bros.

If that happens in the next two weeks (it will) it'll make no sense for Dalton to start another game. He won't be here next year. Gilbert should finish out the season.

I'll be curious to see what they do at QB once they are mathematically eliminated.
Why is it taking so long...............

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I do. Why would you sign a backup with no game experience? I mean, why would you do that?
Many teams have players who are developmental players. Hell Romo was one, he sat behind several QB never seeing the field until year 4