We're about to be eliminated from the playoffs

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
What is the fascination with Gilbert? This is a guy who will be 30 years old at the start of next season. Is that who you want to QB the Cowboys? You want a 30 year old QB with 1 start in the NFL?

I don't get it.....

Doomsday101

Reaction score
What is the fascination with Gilbert? This is a guy who will be 30 years old at the start of next season. Is that who you want to QB the Cowboys? You want a 30 year old QB with 1 start in the NFL?

I don't get it.....

As a backup I have no issue with that at all. I keep DiNucci as a development

starfan1

Reaction score
Right? Because that 1-3 record showed that Dallas meant business! :rolleyes:

Healthy Dak wins 3 more games and we are sitting at 7-6. (Philly,Pitt and first game against washington) but its water under the bridge at this point.

tunahelper

Reaction score
You play your best. Its not that difficult.

We need to determine if Gilbert is backup material. If the guy can play it answers a big question for us moving forward and saves some money. Playing Gilbert is the smart move.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Like Jerry or not, he is one loyal SOB. He won’t sit Dalton if that costs Dalton any playing time incentives.
It's also the wrong thing to do if you signed the guy as #2 and he is healthy when #1 isnt.

Keeping Dalton from hitting incentives would cost the team in trying to sign someone later on.

The agents get a piece of that money and dont forget. Once it's out there that how Dallas operates then forget it. The savings isnt worth the cost by far.

These are human beings, not clicks on a screen.

fansince68

Reaction score
Heck, Gilbert might give us a better chance to win. Dalton has never been the answer at backup. I've been on team tank since Dak broke his ankle.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Honestly, not a lot of honor in winning ugly this year. Our defense is too suspect and our offense too injured and scattered.

Flamma

Reaction score
One more Washington win or Dallas loss and we are out, bros.

Not so fast. A new set of tie breakers go into effect if there's a 3 way tie between the Commanders, Cowboys, and Giants. I'm not saying that Dallas would win that tie breaker, just that it could.

Jipper

Reaction score
We would be hoping to win 4 games in a row when we haven’t won two games in a row all season and have Washington lose 3 in a row when they are on a 4 game win streak....

I’ll go with “what is less likely than me hitting the lottery for 500 Alex”

Londonboy

Reaction score
I want them to treat this like the last month of the school term, where You've just finished Your exams and You know You've had a proper mare.
Have FUN, it's over and done with, don't be Debbie Downers, be Charlie Chucklers, smash a few Satsumas with a croquet mallet, call a triple reverse flea-flicker hook and ladder to Zach on a tackle eligible, run outrageous fake punts every time, do it on 3rd down for an even more confusingly FUN wheeze, go for 2 after every* TD, let every skill position Player with a working arm throw an option pass, just please look like You're having FUN.

*OK, that's a bit optimistic, please feel free to insert "any" here instead if You prefer.

Creeper

Reaction score
We win 3, WFT loses 3, we win the division.

if there is a 3 way tie with us, WFT, NY, we may have a shot at the division also.

This is true but for this to happen the Giants would have to beat Cleveland and Baltimore. I am skeptical.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is true but for this to happen the Giants would have to beat Cleveland and Baltimore. I am skeptical.

Yes we would need to pull for NYG to win.
However finding out the common games come before conference records. I think we lose out to WFT.
So it will need to be, we win 3, WFT loses 3.

Creeper

Reaction score
Yes we would need to pull for NYG to win.
However finding out the common games come before conference records. I think we lose out to WFT.
So it will need to be, we win 3, WFT loses 3.

You are correct. If The Cowboys and WFT tie the WFT wins the division on common opponents. Washington must lose out and Dallas must win out for Dallas to win the division.