We're not as bad you think

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean, in a way yes we are because of the injuries and lack of replacements however, just click around the football package today and look at all of the teams getting blown out and blown off the football, some of which were expected to win.

The Eagles The Jets are in a war The Packers are getting slapped. The Steelers are getting slapped..

The NFC is wide open

Maybe Jerry will realize this and make a deal or three.
All these teams that can run the ball are going to destroy this defense. The Eagles looked awful today against tampa , but thats got nothing to do with how they match up with us. The best team in the division, beleive it or not, is Washington. Jayden Daniels is the real deal and they can play defense.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dallas shuts down WR Pickens and they can win in Dallas against the Steelers.

garyo1954

Reaction score
You do realize Jimmy didn’t want Emmett Smith and Jimmy? didn’t want Troy Aikman. He wanted Bill Walsh. I guess I hold my head too, do you have an aspirin? I could get you one.
Bill Walsh was the 49ers coach who developed the West Coast offense.
Couldn't draft him.

Instead Jimmy drafted his QB Steve Walsh who had the only win in the 1-13 season. Steve was traded to Chicago and had a couple of good seasons before falling off the radar.

MikeT22

Reaction score
You do realize Jimmy didn’t want Emmett Smith and Jimmy? didn’t want Troy Aikman. He wanted Bill Walsh. I guess I hold my head too, do you have an aspirin? I could get you one.
LOL

Jimmy is the one that traded up from 21st to 17 to draft Emmitt.

Also, it was Steve Walsh. Jimmy hedged his bet and after a year it was clear Troy was the guy and Jimmy flipped Walsh for a 1st and 3rd.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Dallas shuts down WR Pickens and they can win in Dallas against the Steelers.
Game is in Pittsburgh. Dallas has no running game. Steelers will tee off on Dak and double CeeDee. Steelers offense is suspect but so is our defense and we are injured too.

Pittsburgh will get the W.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
NFL is a week to week league so anyone can get beat and anyone can lose at this point the juggernaut I have seen is Buffalo

Dallas can win or lose with anyone they are talentless.

Our HC makes things more problematic as does the QB when he’s not clicking

Defense looks awful at times but there can be a time when everything clicks and we can roll with anyone
I think this team has a vibe similar to the 2011-13 teams. They might be in the playoff discussion all year, but I don’t expect a meltdown like 4-5 wins unless we have injuries at QB and other key positions.

And I think they’ll be better next year.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I mean, in a way yes we are because of the injuries and lack of replacements however, just click around the football package today and look at all of the teams getting blown out and blown off the football, some of which were expected to win.

The Eagles The Jets are in a war The Packers are getting slapped. The Steelers are getting slapped..

The NFC is wide open

You need to slam your head against the wall few times to get your senses back in line. There is no fight in this team, none nobody is coming thru the door anytime soon to save this season. The Cowboys are going to be the red headed stepchild to the majority of teams they play this season, its going to get a lot uglier before it gets any better for the Boys.................sorry.

coult44

Reaction score
Yes people just aren’t positive enough, and are jealous of Jerry. LOL

Where do you all come up with this stuff?
“Y’all” ??? If you only knew me, or know what I think about things, you’d be able to put me in a category. But you don’t, so the “y’all” stuff is played out can stop.

coult44

Reaction score
You've got me figured out. I'm hanging my head in shame........ /s

giphy.webp
It’s obvious and only takes common sense to see.

Steve007

Reaction score

The NFC is wide open

Dont' drink the Kool-Aid.... The Cowboys are bad.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This team is trash. It’s pretty obvious when you watch them on screen. There is quite literally nothing they do well.

We have a generationally bad run game and run defense. That will get you killed against most teams that are any good at all.

The eye test tells me that they have regressed pretty significantly when compared to the past 3 seasons and with Parsons + Dlaw out for significant time things could get very ugly.

This is fine. The NFL is a cyclical league and sometimes you will be down, but the problem is that our GM has no idea what an actual rebuild looks like and is pretty likely to steer us into another early 2010s-esque purgatory.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
May not be as bad, but certainly not as good as some of you all think either . Most had them around.500 or less and that is about right. Also not good enough to go further in the playoffs.

Smith22

Reaction score
Winning in the trenches can solve lots of issues but sadly Jerry and company have only tried upgrading the OL with multiple draft picks.

Sooner or later, most likely later, they will grow tired of seeing physical teams (49ers, Ravens, etc) push around our defense and actually put some significant resources into upgrading the DL.