We're not as bad you think

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
LOL

Jimmy is the one that traded up from 21st to 17 to draft Emmitt.

Also, it was Steve Walsh. Jimmy hedged his bet and after a year it was clear Troy was the guy and Jimmy flipped Walsh for a 1st and 3rd

LOL

Jimmy is the one that traded up from 21st to 17 to draft Emmitt.

Also, it was Steve Walsh. Jimmy hedged his bet and after a year it was clear Troy was the guy and Jimmy flipped Walsh for a 1st and 3rd.
Yes, Steve. The team moved up in the draft. Not Jimmy the team. I know you don’t want to give Jerry any credit and I don’t blame you. I hate him also lol but he gets credit for those rings. Make no mistake about it.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Bill Walsh was the 49ers coach who developed the West Coast offense.
Couldn't draft him.

Instead Jimmy drafted his QB Steve Walsh who had the only win in the 1-13 season. Steve was traded to Chicago and had a couple of good seasons before falling off the radar.
Yeah, I know that, don’t get old you make mistakes with names

pancakeman

Reaction score
Well it is true that if you told me before the season began that a quarter of the way through we'd be even in record with the Eagles, Packers, Falcons, and 49ers, I would have been pleased.

CCBoy

Reaction score
This team is trash. It’s pretty obvious when you watch them on screen. There is quite literally nothing they do well.

We have a generationally bad run game and run defense. That will get you killed against most teams that are any good at all.

The eye test tells me that they have regressed pretty significantly when compared to the past 3 seasons and with Parsons + Dlaw out for significant time things could get very ugly.

This is fine. The NFL is a cyclical league and sometimes you will be down, but the problem is that our GM has no idea what an actual rebuild looks like and is pretty likely to steer us into another early 2010s-esque purgatory.
Trash? NG's just go ahead and prep for a TA-50 layout tomorrow at 0600.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Yes, Steve. The team moved up in the draft. Not Jimmy the team. I know you don’t want to give Jerry any credit and I don’t blame you. I hate him also lol but he gets credit for those rings. Make no mistake about it.
Walsh was a supplement pick that summer. Jerry gets credit for hiring Jimmy, but thats only because Jerry knew him from their Arkansas days. We were very lucky he hired Jimmy instead of Switzer or Lou Holtz in ‘89.

nobody

Reaction score
I mean, in a way yes we are because of the injuries and lack of replacements however, just click around the football package today and look at all of the teams getting blown out and blown off the football, some of which were expected to win.

The Eagles The Jets are in a war The Packers are getting slapped. The Steelers are getting slapped..

The NFC is wide open

Maybe Jerry will realize this and make a deal or three.
It's not the losses that are a problem. It's the way in which the Cowboys lost them. They definitely ARE as bad as many think. They constantly fail gut checks.

kskboys

Reaction score
Steve Walsh played at Miami U. That's where Jimmy coached. Purely a Jimmy pick.

Completely agree that Jerry gets full credit for those 3 super bowls. He's the GM, doesn't matter how does what because he's responsible for hiring.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean, in a way yes we are because of the injuries and lack of replacements however, just click around the football package today and look at all of the teams getting blown out and blown off the football, some of which were expected to win.

The Eagles The Jets are in a war The Packers are getting slapped. The Steelers are getting slapped..

The NFC is wide open

i never understood the logic that other teams stinking somehow make us better.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
i never understood the logic that other teams stinking somehow make us better.
The OP didn’t say it makes them better. The team is what they are at the moment. But other teams struggling does, in fact, affect how the team’s performance falls some where in the league’s spectrum.

cowboyed

Reaction score

The NFC is wide open

Right, that's like stating, for a fat head coach McCarthy doesn't sweat much.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Steve Walsh played at Miami U. That's where Jimmy coached. Purely a Jimmy pick.

Completely agree that Jerry gets full credit for those 3 super bowls. He's the GM, doesn't matter how does what because he's responsible for hiring.
Once again, how many times do I have to prove this lie is false?

Jimmy was GM, and it was even in his contract that he was.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...-johnson-calls-jerry-jones-g-m-claims-a-crock

“That is completely a bunch of crock,” Johnson said. “Jerry started putting all those titles on himself after I left. He didn’t call himself general manager and president and all that stuff when I was there. He was just the owner. Because it was in my contract that I had total responsibility for all football decisions. It was in my contract, and he didn’t allow anybody to have that in their contract after I left.”

BigD5

Reaction score

The NFC is wide open

Time for Jerry to use the secret sauce and get Dallas a Super Bowl. He’s been waiting for just this right moment