We're playing for the 6 seed

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
OK, and what would the same "penalty" be for those on the other side of the fence if they don't make the playoffs? No posting until the draft?

I mean, if we're being fair and "stand by your convictions".

:huh:

Those saying there’s a possibility and using words just like that. Possible.

@TWOK11 mapped out a path of how it could happen. Mentioned the example of how the Pack did it last year with a worse record at this point. Seemed reasonable. Nothing definite. Just that it could. That’s not really a conviction.

Those on the other side seem to be using phrases like “It’s over with a capital O” and we have “no chance. Zero”. It’s easy to give up on the team with 6 to go and perfectly fine. Just wondered if they were so sure they’d stand by it if, against the odds, we turned it around.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yes. I am completely blind to this 'fact.' I'm blind to lots of your 'facts.'

It must kill you that I keep getting all this stuff right. While your pile of wrong way predictions and loyalties overflows like water over a dam.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
well go for the draft pick time - whats the use with going to playoffs when you know your one an done

Yeah, I love rooting for draft position. That's why I first became a fan. :rolleyes:

Come to think of it. I'll root for the team. The draft position will sort itself out, regardless.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Those saying there’s a possibility and using words just like that. Possible.

@TWOK11 mapped out a path of how it could happen. Mentioned the example of how the Pack did it last year with a worse record at this point. Seemed reasonable. Nothing definite. Just that it could. That’s not really a conviction.

Those on the other side seem to be using phrases like “It’s over with a capital O” and we have “no chance. Zero”. It’s easy to give up on the team with 6 to go and perfectly fine. Just wondered if they were so sure they’d stand by it if, against the odds, we turned it around.

So one side has some measure of conviction and the other has none? OK.

One side of an argument should have accountability while the other side doesn't?

That sure seems like a double standard.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah, I love rooting for draft position. That's why I first became a fan. :rolleyes:

Come to think of it. I'll root for the team. The draft position will sort itself out, regardless.

Is like a guy that has been dating the same tired chick for 3 years now. The relationship went sour a couple years ago but he has been too lazy to dump her. What he doesn't realize is that he can never meet the girl of his dreams or the right girl for him unless he dumps the old one first. All he is doing by staying in the old relationship is holding back the future.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
It isn't about confidence, it's about enjoying watching your team play. I choose not to be a miserable SOB especially when we're three wins against poor teams away from 8-5 and a full bandwagon again.

If we don't do it then so be it, but I suspect you'll be watching Thursday just like all of the naive "happy fans" you thumb your proud nose at.

They tel anyone that’ll listen “I don’t care” “season is over”. This is a coping mechanism. They do care as much as those that haven’t given up yet. It’s an easier way to deal with the losses and takes the pressure of dealing with more losses off of them. Telling others I told you so later will make them feel better. If we turn it around they’ll be right back like during the turn around of last season and we’ll hear little about the predictions.

You gotta love em.

No I’m serious. You have to.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It must kill you that I keep getting all this stuff right. While your pile of wrong way predictions and loyalties overflows like water over a dam.

Roy, you have to understand that from my perspective your posts are generally just foolish. Like, all of them. You misunderstand other peoples' posts and jump to the wrong conclusions about them. You misrepresent arguments and don't realize it. You come out against things like having enough 'data' to make an informed decision and then tout that proudly over and over again. You fail to understand simple concepts like what 'controlling your own destiny' means, and then embarrassingly bring it up over and over and over again in threads where it isn't relevant. You see the word 'quit' in a sentence, recognize that it's been used in a different context recently, and then go off again in what I take to be an inane ramble about how smart you are and about how you think my reputation is plummeting on the site.

In short, I have no regard for your thoughts about all 'this stuff you think you're getting right.' So, no, it doesn't kill me. I do wish you would stop following me around making threads worse by saying silly things, but I can't control that.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
So one side has some measure of conviction and the other has none? OK.

One side of an argument should have accountability while the other side doesn't?

That sure seems like a double standard.
Well again. One side is saying it’s possible. Others are saying that it definetly won’t happen. One has conviction the other doesn’t. Sometimes double standards have merit.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well again. One side is saying it’s possible. Others are saying that it definetly won’t happen. One has conviction the other doesn’t. Sometimes double standards have merit.

I have more respect for someone having conviction, right or wrong, than being wishy-washy and essentially hiding in plain sight.

And one side can't expect something of another that they themselves can't measure up to.

aria

Reaction score
Exactly! People want to criticize fans for "quitting" as if they ignorantly think it has a shred of impact on the outcome anyway. Laughable.

And their fandom clouds their judgement as to what's actually in the best interests of the team long term, and not the head coach they they mistakenly supported.

The best thing that can happen to this team right now long term is to lose out. It's the only thing that gets this coaching staff out of here and real change to happen.

Everything else is perfume on a pig.
So you mock others for trying to be optimistic which you acknowledge has no effect on the outcome but you seem sure of yourself that losing out will result in a coaching change. Based on history and JG's record last year, that's laughable.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you mock others for trying to be optimistic which you acknowledge has no effect on the outcome but you seem sure of yourself that losing out will result in a coaching change.

I'm not "mocking" anybody. I'm pointing out a clear and obvious double standard line of thinking. If people want to get their hopes up and rally the troops? Have at it! They have every bit as much right to express their opinions as I have.

I choose not to, based on the 7 years plus of failure that I've had to experience. I want change, and the only way to get that change is for this team to lose. And to lose enough to convince Jerry Jones once and for all that Jason Garrett is no NFL head coach and can't get the job done.

Based on history and JG's record last year, that's laughable.

If you really want to see "laughable" we can peel back the curtain, past "last year" and look at the 7 years on the job. It sure won't make your case look any better.

You just let me know.

aria

Reaction score
I'm not "mocking" anybody. I'm pointing out a clear and obvious double standard line of thinking. If people want to get their hopes up and rally the troops? Have at it! They have every bit as much right to express their opinions as I have.

I choose not to, based on the 7 years plus of failure that I've had to experience. I want change, and the only way to get that change is for this team to lose. And to lose enough to convince Jerry Jones once and for all that Jason Garrett is no NFL head coach and can't get the job done.

If you really want to see "laughable" we can peel back the curtain, past "last year" and look at the 7 years on the job. It sure won't make your case look any better.

You just let me know.
I used to be quite pessimistic but under the circumstances I'm not about ready to throw in the towel in hopes JG will get fired. I really don't want to get into the past 7 years and I'm not saying JG is "the man" but there's plenty of blame to go around besides the head coach.

I still think it's hilarious, and sad, how many people here are now on their knees worshipping Romo once he's gone. Look at threads from just a few years ago, he was treated about like Dak is now. One week everyone was all up on him talking about how great he was and how he compensated for the lack of coaching and the next week it was the opposite. He may have been a large part of why we got to the playoffs but he was just as guilty for blowing some of those games or keeping us out of the playoffs with his style of play. A lot of fans here blow every little thing out of proportion and come up with every excuse they can think as a reason why the Cowboys lose.

I get it, everyone is frustrated, including myself but we were 13-3 last year and few coaches (outside of Bellicheat) would have fared much better against the Eagles with that many key players missing. Part of the the reason these other coaches are still successful with injuries is due to the personnel they have and that's on Jerry and Co, not JG. If you want to point fingers start at the top. Why don't we have any depth? Why did they let the entire secondary walk (I was vocally against that and was flamed for it, remember how many people were saying "good, let them walk" "awesome, they suck")? I didn't like Church leaving and we lost veteran leadership. What about Taco and Jaylon? Who's fault is that? How in the hell is JG supposed to compensate for the crap personnel Jerry has provided?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I used to be quite pessimistic but under the circumstances I'm not about ready to throw in the towel in hopes JG will get fired. I really don't want to get into the past 7 years and I'm not saying JG is "the man" but there's plenty of blame to go around besides the head coach.

I didn't think so.

I still think it's hilarious, and sad, how many people here are now on their knees worshipping Romo once he's gone. Look at threads from just a few years ago, he was treated about like Dak is now. One week everyone was all up on him talking about how great he was and how he compensated for the lack of coaching and the next week it was the opposite. He may have been a large part of why we got to the playoffs but he was just as guilty for blowing some of those games or keeping us out of the playoffs with his style of play. A lot of fans here blow every little thing out of proportion and come up with every excuse they can think as a reason why the Cowboys lose.

I get it, everyone is frustrated, including myself but we were 13-3 last year and few coaches (outside of Bellicheat) would have fared much better against the Eagles with that many key players missing. Part of the the reason these other coaches are still successful with injuries is due to the personnel they have and that's on Jerry and Co, not JG. If you want to point fingers start at the top. Why don't we have any depth? Why did they let the entire secondary walk (I was vocally against that and was flamed for it, remember how many people were saying "good, let them walk" "awesome, they suck")? I didn't like Church leaving and we lost veteran leadership. What about Taco and Jaylon? Who's fault is that? How in the hell is JG supposed to compensate for the crap personnel Jerry has provided?

The same way that other coaches do, they actually coach!

The fact is that Garrett is in over his head, he's simply not good enough. He doesn't help his players by putting them in position to succeed, he hinders them.

And that's exactly why this team falls apart when they don't have far superior players to anyone they're playing against. Because he and his coaching staff are entirely player reliant. If they're not stocked at every position, the coaching and scheme can't over come it.

That's why if they lose a few players, the wheels come off entirely and they have no answers. And it's why Garrett has never had a prayer when he didn't have Romo playing and the Cowboys record with any backup quarterback was far and away the worst in the league.

Every one of the players, like the assistant coaches, have been swapped out, and the results still disappoint. One last guy to swap out.

aria

Reaction score
I didn't think so.

The same way that other coaches do, they actually coach!

The fact is that Garrett is in over his head, he's simply not good enough. He doesn't help his players by putting them in position to succeed, he hinders them.

And that's exactly why this team falls apart when they don't have far superior players to anyone they're playing against. Because he and his coaching staff are entirely player reliant. If they're not stocked at every position, the coaching and scheme can't over come it.

That's why if they lose a few players, the wheels come off entirely and they have no answers. And it's why Garrett has never had a prayer when he didn't have Romo playing and the Cowboys record with any backup quarterback was far and away the worst in the league.

Every one of the players, like the assistant coaches, have been swapped out, and the results still disappoint. One last guy to swap out.
He hinders them? Is that why the defense was number 1 against the run last year or is that why Dak and Zeke set all kinds of records last year? He could have tried to open the playbook more but he didn't need to, he kept it simplified for Dak's benefit. He ran the offense to both Dak and Zeke's strengths. Again, when a coach loses 3 pro bowlers at the same time most (not all, but most) coaches won't have the same success.

What do you want him to do with the trash that Jerry has given him? How in the hell is he supposed to scheme around a LB who is physically deficient and a mediocre pass rush at best? What about the deficient secondary? They let almost every veteran walk and expected a bunch of rookies to come in out of college and be effective their first year...that's laughable but everyone here thought it was a great idea. Normally it's possible to compensate for some players deficiencies but when the majority of the talent is mediocre and there's no depth I don't know what you expect him to do. BTW, having an overall middle ranked defense and number 1 defense against the rush last year isn't too shabby considering the lack of talent he had to work with. It's surprising we only lost 3 games.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He hinders them? Is that why Dak and Zeke set all kinds of records last year? He could have tried to open the playbook more but he didn't need to, he kept it simplified for Dak's benefit. He ran the offense to both Dak and Zeke's strengths.

Exactly right. And then once everybody got comfortable and went back to "doing it their way", things got worse. Just like they did in the Green Bay playoff game last year. Pass happy.

Again, when a coach loses 3 pro bowlers at the same time most (not all, but most) coaches won't have the same success.

Nice try. But nobody's asking for "same success". How about not folding like a cheap suit? How about marginally competitive. You know, like the Eagles are managing to "get by" with a coach who'd been on the job less than two years.

What do you want him to do with the trash that Jerry has given him? How in the hell is he supposed to scheme around a LB who is physically deficient and a mediocre pass rush at best? What about the deficient secondary? They let almost every veteran walk and expected a bunch of rookies to come in out of college and be effective their first year...that's laughable but everyone here thought it was a great idea. Normally it's possible to compensate for some players deficiencies but when the majority of the talent is mediocre and there's no depth I don't know what you expect him to do. BTW, having an overall middle ranked defense and number 1 defense against the rush last year isn't too shabby considering the lack of talent he had to work with. It's surprising we only lost 3 games.

I expect him to coach. But that's obviously asking too much of the guy since he's incapable of it.

Some fans will always blame the players for a coach's failings.

And when that entire group of players has been swapped out and the results still suck? Yeah, just blame the new players.

:facepalm: