News: 'We're so far away': The Cowboys are in a fight against time, mediocrity

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I just read your copy but based on that I was prepared to disagree but yes I see the reasoning.
Isnt Garrett saying, we've got a long way to go this season?
Loads of new personal and rookies,new coaches. All the new installs [plays].
Ya of course.
I would hope he meant This Season...
I get the challenges, but let's get down to it - win games, get in the playoffs and make some real noise!
No matter what.

GenoT

Reaction score
This team’s leaders seem to indicate every year that we are “a year or two away”. The Jones boys and Garrett have been preaching patience since 2011. This fan base has every right to tell the Jones cartel and their powerless HC that we expect better than the mediocrity we have we have had to watch for two decades plus.
Agree, Bob...but unfortunately, we fans’ collective $upport of the franchi$e doesn’t reflect much in the way of impatience.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
'We're so far away': The Cowboys are in a fight against time, mediocrity
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/far-away-cowboys-fight-time-mediocrity-234125408.html

*(try reading this one)

...One of the few for the Cowboys in this week’s minicamp, which may have been summed up most accurately by head coach Jason Garrett when he said the team (and the offense in particular) is nowhere near a finished product.“We’re so far away,” Garrett said. “We’re not even close to where we need to be. But we’re doing what we need to do as we go.”

To be fair to Garrett and the Cowboys, this is a typical mid-June rhetoric for NFL teams — the majority of which grind out their final practices before the summer break and then clutch the franchise pearls over how much work is left ahead. But even inside that textbook lament, it’s fair to say these Cowboys are holding their breath as much as anyone else in the NFL. Partially because this is a roster familiar with mid-summer vacation embarrassment. But mostly because Dallas is a franchise that badly needs everything to go right this season … on and off the field.

The future of the coaching staff is depending on it. The contract talks of the starting quarterback are hanging on it. And plenty of other careers are balancing in between...
They couldn’t do it for Romo, Ware, Witten. Same coaches and fo. Why would it happen now?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No worries. We’re still #1 in Revenue. Jerry can sell the heck out of .500 ball.

He finds enough stars to keep the fans interested. Dak and Zeke should keep the fans engaged for another 5-10 years.

Last edited:

ESisback

Reaction score
EVERY team has doubts and worries and potential for success or failure. EVERY coach, especially this time of year, speaks in cliches like “we’re so far away”, and “we’ve got a lot of work to do”. It’s manufactured drama for the casual fan. They know they have US, they’re just trying to get more. Writers and bloggers are just doing their jobs.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I like what Dak has done in the leadership department this offseason. It’s a young team. It’s his team and he strikes me as the type that will do everything he can to be successful.

That’s real sweet.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
This team’s leaders seem to indicate every year that we are “a year or two away”. The Jones boys and Garrett have been preaching patience since 2011. This fan base has every right to tell the Jones cartel and their powerless HC that we expect better than the mediocrity we have we have had to watch for two decades plus.

Roster wise how is this team not primed? WR and S are a little thin. Can use another DT. Not insurmountable. The challenge is that the players are embedded in a culture of little accountability and the HC is all form, zero substance. That stuff costs them 2-3 games ever year and is the difference from being a good team or consistently mediocre.

Silverstar

Reaction score
"More than ever before, there is a titanium-plated reality facing the Cowboys."

:laugh:

fork.jpg

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The problem is that the media will never again see things for Dallas in that vein of understanding...not in today's society that loves to drain another's miseries as indicators of their own vanity.

CCBoy the Jerry Jones Propaganda minister speaks.....oh well Superbowl here we come baby!!!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know the real difference between you and me? I never gave up on being a fan...
The real difference is the respect i have for the team i Love and cherish not to insult the Star with false hopes and dreams!
Whispering sweet nothings about the Star is out right disrespect for our history and our PRIDE!

CCBoy

Reaction score
The real difference is the respect i have for the team i Love and cherish not to insult the Star with false hopes and dreams!
Whispering sweet nothings about the Star is out right disrespect for our history and our PRIDE!

No, what you have is a posterior anatomical body part that screams for a porta potty. Respect? Roll over and eat ****...

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Your bitterness is honest. I respect that.
@CCBoy honestly looks forward to the future and what it entails.
I respect that also.

There's no disrespect going on here. Arguments, certainly, but nobody is disrespecting anything.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Classy stuff ....when cornered the insults are your final venue......Nice....

You remain on ignore and THE FIRST POST THAT WAS PRESENTED ABOVE BY YOURSELF, WAS NOTHING MORE THAN INSULT. Crawl back into the hole you sprang from, dingo buster.

I paid for my attitude during Viet Nam and Desert Storm...you just think you can insult on one of my posts as you choose,

Last edited: