News: 'We're so far away': The Cowboys are in a fight against time, mediocrity

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
No strawman. We are not building anything here. There has been zero consistency season to season with Garrett and it won't start now. He sucks at coaching and his GM sucks at GMing. There is no long term buildup.

Good GMs and coaches turn teams around in a year or two, not this endless up and down process. That's just the way it works nowadays it's not about one magic player but also not about hoping all this hyped young talent pans out.

We have a good Oline and that's it. Noting else is championship caliber or becoming that way.

So Dak sucks and isn't championship material, but I guess you knew Nick Foles was before last season? Zeke sucks and isn't championship material. All our other young players on defense also suck and aren't championship material. Did I miss anyone?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No strawman. We are not building anything here. There has been zero consistency season to season with Garrett and it won't start now. He sucks at coaching and his GM sucks at GMing. There is no long term buildup.

Good GMs and coaches turn teams around in a year or two, not this endless up and down process. That's just the way it works nowadays it's not about one magic player but also not about hoping all this hyped young talent pans out.

We have a good Oline and that's it. Noting else is championship caliber or becoming that way.
You do not know what you are talking about. D-Law, Zeke, Dak, Jaylon, Lee, LVE, Tapper, Gregory just to name a few. Your statement proves that you have not been paying attention and are affected by the fog of your hate.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
You do not know what you are talking about. D-Law, Zeke, Dak, Jaylon, Lee, LVE, Tapper, Gregory just to name a few. Your statement proves that you have not been paying attention and are affected by the fog of your hate.

But he KNEW Nick Foles was championship material before last season. That's a given. lol.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
To me jg is insulting the team and players, and
Making excuses for not doing good this season, and
Even next season.
I think they have as much or more talent than
Any of the other NFC team's.
It's just a question of can the coaches use that talent
The best ways consistently.
I say that because at times they do, then they go into
Bone head mode.
Like 1st and goal and then 3 pass plays!
That is not using what they have wisely.
They did same thing when Murray was here in

They have enough talent, unproven somewhat, but
It is there. It is u to coaches.

Also about TE ,what would Phil have done in our
Situation??
I think they would already have got a vet for 2018
Already.
They probably would've seen it coming, and acted in
Early fa .

cml750

Reaction score
I am sure all we need is another 8 years of the "process". :facepalm: :banghead:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry has lowered the Bar not bringing in a more experienced proven GM , HC and getting out of the way.

It’s truly amazing this dysfunctionally ran football franchise has been able to field a fairly competitive team at all.

Sydla

Reaction score

Tapper and Gregory?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
A lot of guys had speed and did nothing in the NFL.

At this point Gregory and Tapper are nothing more than cross your fingers and hope like hell you get lucky.

My point is injuries and off the field stuff have kept Tapper/Gregory from playing on game day. That's not the same as other guys have speed and did nothing in the NFL (when they played in games). LVE has speed and done nothing in the NFL too, why aren't you downplaying him also?

CPanther95

Reaction score
A lot of guys had speed and did nothing in the NFL.

At this point Gregory and Tapper are nothing more than cross your fingers and hope like hell you get lucky.

Yeah, Gregory is a bust by any measure. He turned into the exact same player the other 31 teams feared he would when they let him do a free fall in the draft.

Tapper was only a 4th rounder, so he was a long shot anyway.

Sydla

Reaction score
My point is injuries and off the field stuff have kept Tapper/Gregory from playing on game day. That's not the same as other guys have speed and did nothing in the NFL (when they played in games). LVE has speed and done nothing in the NFL too, why aren't you downplaying him also?

Because his unknown certainty is he is a rookie that has shown no other issues beyond just that..... being a rookie.

Including Tapper and Gregory in a list of young, good, promising talent is bizarre at this point. Shoot Tapper is possibly a longshot to even make the 53 at this point.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Because his unknown certainty is he is a rookie that has shown no other issues beyond just that..... being a rookie.

Including Tapper and Gregory in a list of young, good, promising talent is bizarre at this point. Shoot Tapper is possibly a longshot to even make the 53 at this point.

Tapper has played in 2 total NFL games, only 2 more than LVE. Gregory has played in 2 total NFL games, 2 more than LVE. So what's the difference between LVE's actual NFL game experience vs those other 2 guys? What's bizarre is you find it bizarre we are talking about 2 potential guys on the DL with athleticism/speed that can help the team.

Sydla

Reaction score
Tapper has played in 2 total NFL games, only 2 more than LVE. Gregory has played in 2 total NFL games, 2 more than LVE. So what's the difference between LVE's actual NFL game experience vs those other 2 guys? What's bizarre is you find it bizarre we are talking about 2 potential guys on the DL with athleticism/speed that can help the team.

Two have either a drug problem and hasn’t even been reinstated yet and the other has had an extensive back injury.

There’s two big differences. Both are long shots to be impact players at this point, agreed?

But hey, if you want to include someone like Charles Tapper on a list of really good, young players we have, go on ahead.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
He takes any and every chance he can find to complain about the Cowboys. Him and a couple others.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Two have either a drug problem and hasn’t even been reinstated yet and the other has had an extensive back injury.

There’s two big differences. Both are long shots to be impact players at this point, agreed?

But hey, if you want to include someone like Charles Tapper on a list of really good, young players we have, go on ahead.

If Gregory's drug problem (weed) is a bad thing, then I too am a bad seed. He was using it for his mental disorder, not just because he liked smoking it. As for impact players, no one here is saying that. They just give us more options at DE with their speed and ability. Gregory would have been a top 5 pick if not for his off the field stuff. Let's wait until at least after training camp before moaning about why Tapper/Gregory should be listed as viable young players with talent. Peace.

CPanther95

Reaction score
If Gregory's drug problem (weed) is a bad thing, then I too am a bad seed. He was using it for his mental disorder, not just because he liked smoking it.

Nobody said he was a "bad seed", but of course it's a bad thing for an NFL player. As long as the league has a policy that smoking weed will ultimately get you booted from the league, how could it be not considered a bad thing to engage in?

Jerry gambled that he would change. Jerry lost.

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
We're so far away. Listen, I've only been the head coach here for 7 years. Give it some time.
We clearly don’t listen. He’s been saying for some time now that this is a “process.” Gosh we can be so impatient sometimes.