We're the team to beat!

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
ESPN Salsberry says we're the team to beat in the East.
Boy, sure great to hear that again.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
sandtrapp said:

Kool sig bro..I just hope it translates to reality :):starspin:starspin:starspin:starspin:starspin:starspin

canters

Reaction score
Wow,,just signing TO makes us the team to beat!!??

How 'bout our other issues? Bledsoe can't get the ball to TO if he is on his back. We still need another pass rusher, a FS, and another LB.

I will agree that we have had at least as good a FA session as anybody in the East.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
sandtrapp said:

No we're not. Washington Swept us and hte Giants also took casre of us late last season. Let's be realistic. On paper, we have a much better chance now to take the division. Now let's see if our new roster can do in games what they look like on paer. If aso, only then would I argue we're the team to beat.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC said:
The TO hype. Cluless.
And the other acquisitions mean nothing??
Never met more pessimistic fans.

This place can be pretty depressing at times.
As a matter of fact, I wonder if you went over to the Iggles Forum and the Skins Forum if their the same way.(negative)

I doubt it.

Sad:(

roy31

Reaction score
Salisbury is a tool , I hope he is right but he is usually clueless.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
i dont know how you can put the boys first cuz of TO- unless he's gonna play D. the giants and skins have made a few signings too.

should have known salisbury would say something dumb.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
Your guys optimism is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

What a depressing place this is lately.

superpunk

Reaction score
Not really pessimism, but I think realistically, Seattle is the team to beat. But we sure as hell are coming up strong!:)

jman

Reaction score
sandtrapp said:

LOL...Geeze, if someone say's were doomed because of TO, he's a hack. But if someone say's were going to be great with TO, man....that guy knows what he's talking about...LOL

Love all this one day a hero the next a zero depending on what mediots say about the Cowboys...LOL

jman

Reaction score
canters said:

How 'bout our other issues? Bledsoe can't get the ball to TO if he is on his back. We still need another pass rusher, a FS, and another LB.

I will agree that we have had at least as good a FA session as anybody in the East.

Yep...I say forget the season and go ahead and award the Cowboys the Super Bowl trophy...LOL

KingTuna

Reaction score
canters said:

Don't forget about KICKER!

IF we sign a legit pass rusher at OLB- FS and K then I will say yes, we might indeed be the team to beat.

I think the team is done at O-line. They believe Kosier is the answer for us at LG and I am a big fan of Fabini at RT. Will be surprised to see any other O-lineman signed.

We also need another WR. I am thinking it will be Chad Jackson or Moss in the draft.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
sandtrapp said:
Great Avatar.

Before I can say that I want to see a Kicker, Free Safety, and SOLB added to the mix. 3 holes left = still some anxiety for me.

Reaction score
They don't pay mediots to accurately report the news anymore, their job is to stroke you or rattle your cage. So Salisbury is quite literally a tool...

that said, I think he's right,,, the NFC East was evenly matched last season and will be again this season,,,, but even with all the teams getting better, the Cowboys took a big step forward by picking up Owens.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
At this point in free agency and with the draft upcoming I'd rate Dallas right below NYG at the top of the division.

Dallas isn't finished in free agency and will field a draft class.

Philly loses TO for nothing in return and Wash has nothing left in cap space and a minimal draft class headed its way.

Right now there's more free agents than there is money to spend so I like sitting around with a few bucks.

Dallas could potentially add a starting OLB and a top 5 kicker by early next week which would push them into the lead on paper.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
EGG said:
They don't pay mediots to accurately report the news anymore, their job is to stroke you or rattle your cage. So Salisbury is quite literally a tool...

that said, I think he's right,,, the NFC East was evenly matched last season and will be again this season,,,, but even with all the teams getting better, the Cowboys took a big step forward by picking up Owens.

I agree, But if ANYONE noticed, the main point of my post was That it was nice to hear again.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
canters said:

Don't forget K
If BP plays it close to the vest to win in 4th quarter, TO's 10 TD's a game won't matter if we have a scab K.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
Sweet, when is the parade, I want to make sure I can get some time off work.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Great Avatar.

Before I can say that I want to see a Kicker, Free Safety, and SOLB added to the mix. 3 holes left = still some anxiety for me.
And even with getting Kozy and Fabini (who is no spring chicken) I'm still not happy with our OL situation. Rivera still has a bad back, LA is still getting old, Johnson still can't hold his ground and Flo is a still deaf in his ear pointed toward the QB and is a question mark coming off of injury. Our backups are Tucker (need I say more), Peterman who can only play one position and apparently not very well, Columbo (an injury washout), Gurode who has not grown any smarter over the off season and Pettiti who is still young but at least has upside.

No I will not buy the "team to beat" hype until some of these questions are answered. Because regardless of who we have handling the ball they will get nowhere unless the lone holds up their end.