We're the team to beat!

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
sandtrapp said:

And the other acquisitions mean nothing??
Never met more pessimistic fans.

This place can be pretty depressing at times.
As a matter of fact, I wonder if you went over to the Iggles Forum and the Skins Forum if their the same way.(negative)

I doubt it.

Sad:(

Just being real unlike some. If we didnt sign TO no one would be saying we have had a great FA so far right? TO could help this team or destroy it. Ill go with the later, PROVEN track record. Remember just a few months ago everyone laughing at Philly, well be prepared we are becoming the funny page.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
sandtrapp said:
ESPN Salsberry says we're the team to beat in the East.
Boy, sure great to hear that again.
I dissagree we still what our record last year showed us untill we win alot of games we will get no respect washington been wining off season for years now and that did not help them

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
With just online improvements it wouldnt be a stretch to pick Dallas to win the East throw in TO, Akin a solid draft and a few other FA pickups and you would have to say Dallas has as good of a shot at winning the East as anyone.

The winner of the East is probably going to go to the Super Bowl this year in my opinion, all 4 teams could be very good and all will definately be battle tested.

CrazyMonster

Reaction score
We still desperately need a PK, FS or LB & vet back up QB via FA.

Then we still need a FS or LB, OL & WR help from the draft.

We ARE NOT the team to beat...................YET!

:starspin

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sandtrapp said:
ESPN Salsberry says we're the team to beat in the East.
Boy, sure great to hear that again.

Wait until we are done. By August, all football fans (who don't already know) will worried about the rise in power of the Star.

Roy31 is right about Sean being a tool.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Everyone has an opinion. Doesn't make a world of difference if you're not on the football field trying to enforce it.

BigDaddyShoo

Reaction score
All this talk about who's the 'team to beat' when it's not even April, is just a bunch of crap from the analysts to make themselves seem plugged in during the offseason. As a Skin's fan, even I don't listen to all the crap spewed about which team has had the best off-season.

Until it's been proven otherwise, NY is the team to beat in the NFCE. Last I checked, they're the reigning division champs.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
BigDaddyShoo said:
All this talk about who's the 'team to beat' when it's not even April, is just a bunch of crap from the analysts to make themselves seem plugged in during the offseason. As a Skin's fan, even I don't listen to all the crap spewed about which team has had the best off-season.

Until it's been proven otherwise, NY is the team to beat in the NFCE. Last I checked, they're the reigning division champs.
:hammer:

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
I dont think saying we are the team to beat is that far off base.

This team was very close last season......erase a couple of ingeries we would have been right smack dab in the middle of the playoffs.

JJ & BP have made very significant improvements to the OL and we have very adequate backups. Put that with a healthy Adams & Rivera we are ready to rumble..

Forget his past this is now......Owens bring that spark, that swagger to the O we have been lacking since the playmaker retired.

Have no doubts.....We will Get a kicker and an OLB.........This Chicken Little has been plucked.

WE will be the team to beat in the East.......and who knows if this team really gels and I think it will.....we will contend for the whole shoot'n Match.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
And even with getting Kozy and Fabini (who is no spring chicken) I'm still not happy with our OL situation. Rivera still has a bad back, LA is still getting old, Johnson still can't hold his ground and Flo is a still deaf in his ear pointed toward the QB and is a question mark coming off of injury. Our backups are Tucker (need I say more), Peterman who can only play one position and apparently not very well, Columbo (an injury washout), Gurode who has not grown any smarter over the off season and Pettiti who is still young but at least has upside.

No I will not buy the "team to beat" hype until some of these questions are answered. Because regardless of who we have handling the ball they will get nowhere unless the lone holds up their end.
That's not even mentioning Bledsoe's age, Julius' injury history in 2 seasons so far, and the chaos potential.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
That's not even mentioning Bledsoe's age, Julius' injury history in 2 seasons so far, and the chaos potential.

Bledsoe's age didnt seem to hurt us last season, in fact he played some of the best ball of his career

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Bledsoe's age didnt seem to hurt us last season, in fact he played some of the best ball of his career
If you say so. If that was his best that's sad.

littlewebs

Everything I type is a lie. Except that. And that.
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Salisbury said each team in the East was the favorite to win in 4 different weeks last year. It's like everybody got a turn for a quarter of the season. These ESPN guys go back and forth from week to week to week. It's dumb.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
If you say so. If that was his best that's sad.

Dare I say, for the first half od the season he was the best QB we've had since the 1995 version of Aikman. He was not the reason we failed to make the playoffs.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Dare I say, for the first half od the season he was the best QB we've had since the 1995 version of Aikman. He was not the reason we failed to make the playoffs.
I didn't say he was or wasn't. I said his age concerns me and it does. I won't answer to you for these feelings. Their mine and I won't change them or apologize for them.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I didn't say he was or wasn't. I said his age concerns me and it does. I won't answer to you for these feelings. Their mine and I won't change them or apologize for them.

I didnt ask you too, dont get all uptight about it. I'm simply saying that of all the other things we have to worry about, Bledsoe is a relatively small concern. He doesnt have to be an All-pro for us to win.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Bledsoe is indeed getting long in the tooth but he has been very durable throughout his career. He still has the arm strength to make all the throws and he does not get tired toward the end of games ala Testaverde. I can live with him for a couple more years while we get someone else ready to go.

Julius' injury history does bother me a lot however. He should be one of the top backs in the league instead of a question mark. At least MBIII proved to be a serviceable backup last year and Tyson Thompson still has some upside.

I have promised not to address THE chaos potential until it actually manifests itself, and so I won't.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
And even with getting Kozy and Fabini (who is no spring chicken) I'm still not happy with our OL situation. Rivera still has a bad back, LA is still getting old, Johnson still can't hold his ground and Flo is a still deaf in his ear pointed toward the QB and is a question mark coming off of injury. Our backups are Tucker (need I say more), Peterman who can only play one position and apparently not very well, Columbo (an injury washout), Gurode who has not grown any smarter over the off season and Pettiti who is still young but at least has upside.

No I will not buy the "team to beat" hype until some of these questions are answered. Because regardless of who we have handling the ball they will get nowhere unless the lone holds up their end.

So people say we are the team to beat if we acquire a K, OLB, FS, Backup QB.

KICKER: come on now this is already done, there are 3-4 good veteran kickers on the market and we are most likely going to get Vinatieri unless he is picked up by the packers before us, and even then we have fallback on vanderjact and brown.

OLB: If Arrington/Peterson, both good fits for this defense, arent signed it will most likely get addressed in the 1st round with Carpenter or Lawson with the 20th-24th pick as we will trade down to get another 2nd or 3rd while getting the same draft pick.

FS: Coleman will most likely get signed just to have assurance of a proven safety, and it will make davis more valuable on the Special Teams side of the field and then we will get a 3rd in the 2nd round maybe 3rd, and we still have beriault (just sayin we have him not sayin hes gonna do much).

Back-up QB: Aaron Brooks? some people on here think he might be a good option as he is proven and now he is definately going to be cheap, and also Volek might be a good trade is another thing that ive been hearing and he is also cheap and has a good arm.

Kicker will be addressed in FA with Vinatieri, Josh Brown or Vanderjact in that order.

OLB: Highly unlikely with Arrington/peterson and if not Carpenter or Lawson at 20-24

FS: Coleman plus a 2nd Rounder

Back-Up QB: Aaron Brooks or a cheap trade for Volek.

MONT17

Reaction score
I'm not going to call Sean S. a idiot but the guy has a job to do... if he gets on the TV and is a complete BORE he will have to sell insurance for the rest of his life... and I think TOMMY MADDOX has the market wrapped up!

the man is just trying to keep his job! But I must say the COWBOYS should win the EAST just like they should have won it last year and the year before...

its the RISE of the STAR...

or as it will come to be known as DEATH STAR to the rest of the NFC!!!