We're the team to beat!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
I didnt ask you too, dont get all uptight about it. I'm simply saying that of all the other things we have to worry about, Bledsoe is a relatively small concern. He doesnt have to be an All-pro for us to win.
Yeah, well I want an All Pro at QB more than any other position. We'll leave it at that.

He's good. I like him. I worry that he's closer to the rocking chair than his prime. It's an issue for me.

cowboygolfer

Reaction score
How far were we from winning the East last year. An injury, a Kicker C'mon guys this is not that big a stretch.

Everyone seems so ready to jump here, one post said the Seahawks were the team to beat. They are not even in the East.

If Flozel doesn't get hurt last year we win the east, Even with the unjury and the poor O-Line play if we had a Kidking game we would ahve won the east.

Do you really think this is that far out to beleive we should be the favorite to win this division (without Unforseen issues)?

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Yes we will be a team to beat in the East......I will again say the NFCE will be the most competituve division in pro football. The team that stays heathiest will have the best shot at winning.

Our weakest link is backup QB and possibly the OL although we are deeper than in 05.

The same can be said for any of the teams in our division or the NFC for that matter.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
Our weakest link is backup QB and possibly the OL although we are deeper than in 05.
I'm with you! The backup QB is what has me worried! If Bledsoe goes down...do we really want to rely on Henson? Romo?

Oh, well...if Bledsoe does go down, my drinking goes up! So, all in all, I guess it's OK! :eek:

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
5Stars said:
Cbz40 said:
I'm with you! The backup QB is what has me worried! If Bledsoe goes down...do we really want to rely on Henson? Romo?

Oh, well...if Bledsoe does go down, my drinking goes up! So, all in all, I guess it's OK! :eek:

Ditto.............................:lmao2:

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
canters said:
Wow,,just signing TO makes us the team to beat!!??

How 'bout our other issues? Bledsoe can't get the ball to TO if he is on his back. We still need another pass rusher, a FS, and another LB.

I will agree that we have had at least as good a FA session as anybody in the East.

It appears that we have addressed the OL.

FS I agree with you, though we will probably draft somebody, or bring in an adequate vet..we picked up Glenn on 4/28 last year, so there is plenty of time to bring in some quality players still.

Ditto on Passrusher at OLB. Peterson or a 1st rounder on one is my guess.

And we could use some depth at LB overall.

THe draft hasn't even occured yet, and I think Salisbury was taking that into account. The way FA worked out for us this year (when half of you were crying), I'd say we set ourselves up to be able to fill most remaining holes in the draft.

Bizwah

Reaction score
All NFC East teams are pretty much equal talent-wise.

All four teams have proven QBs.

All four teams have solid-to-good defenses.

All four teams have solid coaches

What separates us?

It'll be depth. Injuries are inevitable. Last year, all four teams were hit with injuries. Where we were hit, depth of the positions hit, as well as the severity of the hits, told the story of our division.

It'll be the same this year.

Right now, all teams have weak backup QBs.
All teams have good depth at RB.
Dallas and Washington have good depth at WR (we go three deep anyway).
All teams have weak OL depth.
We have the best depth on the DL.
NY and Dallas have the best depth in the secondary.

Of course, with FA in full swing, it's hard to remember which teams have which players....especially in Washington.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Bizwah said:

What separates us?

It'll be depth. Injuries are inevitable. Last year, all four teams were hit with injuries. Where we were hit, depth of the positions hit, as well as the severity of the hits, told the story of our division.

Of course, with FA in full swing, it's hard to remember which teams have which players....especially in Washington.

Excellent post Sir.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
Bizwah said:

What separates us?

Exactly, So now we all just wait for the draft. if we draft smart and add the projected FA's that we want to add, we can be the best team in the best division.

Trading our 18 + some more to the broncos for the 22 and 29 and get allen and 1 of the 2 LB, would set us above the rest IMO.

redskinsforever

Reaction score
Everyone is just TO crazy right now. Even most educated Cowboy fans doesn't believe Salisbury when he says that the Cowboys are the team to beat.

Bizwah

Reaction score
redskinsforever said:
Everyone is just TO crazy right now. Even most educated Cowboy fans doesn't believe Salisbury when he says that the Cowboys are the team to beat.

"Team to beat" can have two different meanings.

It could mean, "best in the division". Right now, I think it's too early to tell who the best team is. Dallas, NYG, and Washington were all so close together last season...and Philly wasn't themselves. So you can't tell right now.

It could mean, "team everyone wants to beat". This ALWAYS applies to us. Even when we're crappy, all teams want to beat the living mess out of us. As evidenced by the sudden appearance of all your Commander brethren, teams look at beating us as a "feather in their caps".

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
With a little help from the kicking position and o-line position we COULD have been the TEAM TO BEAT last year.... IMO....

I am buying.....:star:

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
redskinsforever said:

And the Commanders are? :lmao2:

redskinsforever

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
And the Commanders are? :lmao2:

It's too early to know who's the team to beat. But I do believe the Commanders have made greater strides to better themselves this offseason than anyone else in the NFC East.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
redskinsforever said:
It's too early to know who's the team to beat. But I do believe the Commanders have made greater strides to better themselves this offseason than anyone else in the NFC East.

so your saying overpaying a 3rd string reciever (randle El) who had 35 catches and 1 TD last season is a big stride? your saying signing a crappy coverage S and bad tackler in Adam Archuleta and making him the highest payed S in the History of the game is a big stride? And you guys are talking like Brandon Lloyd, Adam Archuleta, Antwan Randle El, Andre Carter, Christian Fauria and Todd Collins are great? come on now the guys you signed are all mediocre players at best. Brandon Lloyd may be emerging and COULD be a star, Antwan Randle El is not worth what your paying him, Archuleta and Sean Taylor back their is like what the cowboys had last year with 2 SS it doesnt work, and hes not worth the cash. the other guys are all mediocre players or back ups or downgrades from last year. you guys lost ramsey > Collins, lost arrington who was a big part of your D. i mean yea you guys got a few good additions but you payed to much and u definately did not fill close to as many holes as the Cowboys have/are on the verge of filling . . . Lets see on draft day though, which is something that we can actaully look forward to as we still have a 1st round pick to trade/spend on another hole(s). Commanders off-season is WAYYY Over-rated.

And no im not saying we are the team to beat, but i am saying you need to stop talking about your guys' mediocre additions.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Nobody is the team to beat right now, i mean come on FA hasn't even ended and there's still the draft, minicamps, then training camp, and then pre-season. Then injuries can happen before the regular season starts. There is no team to beat until the regular season starts and a team shows to be above the other teams with their play. Hopefully we'll be that team

redskinsforever

Reaction score
bobbie brewskie said:
so your saying overpaying a 3rd string reciever (randle El) who had 35 catches and 1 TD last season is a big stride? your saying signing a crappy coverage S and bad tackler in Adam Archuleta and making him the highest payed S in the History of the game is a big stride? And you guys are talking like Brandon Lloyd, Adam Archuleta, Antwan Randle El, Andre Carter, Christian Fauria and Todd Collins are great? come on now the guys you signed are all mediocre players at best. Brandon Lloyd may be emerging and COULD be a star, Antwan Randle El is not worth what your paying him, Archuleta and Sean Taylor back their is like what the cowboys had last year with 2 SS it doesnt work, and hes not worth the cash. the other guys are all mediocre players or back ups or downgrades from last year. you guys lost ramsey > Collins, lost arrington who was a big part of your D. i mean yea you guys got a few good additions but you payed to much and u definately did not fill close to as many holes as the Cowboys have/are on the verge of filling . . . Lets see on draft day though, which is something that we can actaully look forward to as we still have a 1st round pick to trade/spend on another hole(s). Commanders off-season is WAYYY Over-rated.

And no im not saying we are the team to beat, but i am saying you need to stop talking about your guys' mediocre additions.

And everybody you mentioned is an upgrade from last year. Arrington was such a big part of our defense he didn't even get on the field in a few games even though he wasn't injured. Arrington was always overrated in my book.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
redskinsforever said:
And everybody you mentioned is an upgrade from last year. Arrington was such a big part of our defense he didn't even get on the field in a few games even though he wasn't injured. Arrington was always overrated in my book.
What's your username on ES?

gbrittain

Reaction score
riggo said:
i dont know how you can put the boys first cuz of TO- unless he's gonna play D. the giants and skins have made a few signings too.

should have known salisbury would say something dumb.

I do not get it. I visited ES and a bunch of Skins fans keep talking trash about the Dallas D.

Lets review for just a second:

Points Allowed:
Wash 18.3 /game 9th NFL
Dallas 19.3 / game 12th NFL

Yards Per Game:
Wash 297.9 /game 9th NFL
Dallas 300.9 /game 10th NFL

Rush Yards Per Game:
Wash 105.4 /game 13th NFL
Dallas 108.2 /game 15th NFL

Pass Yards Per Game:
Wash 192.6 /game 10th NFL
Dallas 192.7 /game 11th NFL

Sacks:
Wash 35 20th NFL
Dallas 37 16th NFL

I dont know how Dallas was able to be virtually tied with Washington in every single major defensive category. I mean Washington has way better defensive talent and defensive coordinator.:rolleyes: