We're the team to beat!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
redskinsforever said:
I'm the one they call Sith Lord.
And if I look up all of your 2300+ posts there I'm going to see where you "ALWAYS" felt Arrington was "overrated?"

EDit: 1 hour (or so) later...you sure got quiet all of the sudden.

redskinsforever

Reaction score
Hostile said:
And if I look up all of your 2300+ posts there I'm going to see where you "ALWAYS" felt Arrington was "overrated?"

EDit: 1 hour (or so) later...you sure got quiet all of the sudden.

Go right ahead. Actually, I don't think that I commented on Arrington all that much.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
redskinsforever said:
Go right ahead. Actually, I don't think that I commented on Arrington all that much.
I'm sorry, but I don't believe you were "always" of the opinion that Lavar Arrington was overrated. That just doesn't ring true at all given his Draft status and some of his accomplishments. Last year? Yeah, I'll buy that. From the time he sought the money he was screwed out of by a bumbling agent and a dishonest front office? Yeah, I can even buy that.

Always? Naw. This isn't my first rodeo. Without even looking it up I know you just spun the homer faery tale because he's no longer a Skin. You can deny that if you want to. No intelligent fan is going to believe you.

redskinsforever

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I'm sorry, but I don't believe you were "always" of the opinion that Lavar Arrington was overrated. That just doesn't ring true at all given his Draft status and some of his accomplishments. Last year? Yeah, I'll buy that. From the time he sought the money he was screwed out of by a bumbling agent and a dishonest front office? Yeah, I can even buy that.

Always? Naw. This isn't my first rodeo. Without even looking it up I know you just spun the homer faery tale because he's no longer a Skin. You can deny that if you want to. No intelligent fan is going to believe you.

Lavar Arrington is a slightly above average linebacker in my book. Let me ask you this: If he's so good, then why is he still on the market? I said the samething about Champ Bailey. Neither one of those guys are as good as the media would have you believe, but I will admitt that Champ had a good season this year.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Respect is earned on the field, not bought in free agency .. otherwise, the skins would have it :D

:lmao2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
redskinsforever said:
Lavar Arrington is a slightly above average linebacker in my book. Let me ask you this: If he's so good, then why is he still on the market? I said the samething about Champ Bailey. Neither one of those guys are as good as the media would have you believe, but I will admitt that Champ had a good season this year.
Where did I say he was "good?" Good luck trying to spin this back on to me. You stubbed your toe. Quit acting like you meant to.

redskinsforever

Reaction score
Reality said:
Respect is earned on the field, not bought in free agency .. otherwise, the skins would have it :D

:lmao2:

True, but this isn't the late 90's Commanders. Things have been a whole lot different since Gibbs have come back. In the past, Snyder ran the Commanders like a Madden game by adding every big name free agent he could sign, now, the Skins only add players they need and it's working.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
redskinsforever said:
True, but this isn't the late 90's Commanders. Things have been a whole lot different since Gibbs have come back. In the past, Snyder ran the Commanders like a Madden game by adding every big name free agent he could sign, now, the Skins only add players they need and it's working.

yea u guys really need a 3rd string reciever and another reciever who COULD be good. the 3rd stringer costing you guys way to much and of course your boy adam archuleta dont get us started on him hahahaha you guys are a joke.

redskinsforever

Reaction score
bobbie brewskie said:
yea u guys really need a 3rd string reciever and another reciever who COULD be good. the 3rd stringer costing you guys way to much and of course your boy adam archuleta dont get us started on him hahahaha you guys are a joke.

We're a joke? You guys are the ones that just gambled on a known team killer. Say what you will, but all I know is that we were a playoff team last year and we've made improvements to be better next year. You guys got TO and WR wasn't even your biggest need.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
redskinsforever said:
We're a joke? You guys are the ones that just gambled on a known team killer. Say what you will, but all I know is that we were a playoff team last year and we've made improvements to be better next year. You guys got TO and WR wasn't even your biggest need.
It also wasn't our only move. He was acquired not to be a WR but a play maker.

redskinsforever

Reaction score
Hostile said:
It also wasn't our only move. He was acquired not to be a WR but a play maker.

TO might not have been your only move, but he was the only move that really matters so far.

superpunk

Reaction score
redskinsforever said:
TO might not have been your only move, but he was the only move that really matters so far.

A solid RT, up and coming LB...these mean nothing?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
redskinsforever said:
Some of you guys are unreal. Either you don't pay attention or you say stupid stuff on purpose. I don't know what it is. Either way mission accomplished.

Every move matters. Guys who are released. Guys who are signed. Guys who get drafted. Coaching changes.

Or is this only true of your team? Take off the homer glasses and talk football. I don't buy the propoganda. You wanna swallow that it's your business.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I don't think calling us a team to beat is T.O. hype at all.

Yes, T.O. is one of the top 3-5 WR's in the league and will be our first #1 guy since Irvin, but I think this also has a lot to do with two new starters on our OL, Kozier and Fabini, and getting Adams back.

Tucker / Allen / Johnson / Rivera / Pettitti

certainly doesn't look as good as:

Adams / Kozier (or Allen) / Johnson (or Gurode) / Rivera / Fabini

Plus, we added a healthy, solid blocking TE from Seattle who will be a much better receiver than Campbell.

We've also added a solid LB.

Everyone assumes we'll also add a FS and Kicker, so why not look to the Cowboys, especially since Bledsoe proved he can still play at a high level, and did it with no Running Game due to an unhealthy JJ and terrible OL and a WR corps that overachieved but didn't strike fear into anyone.

redskinsforever

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Some of you guys are unreal. Either you don't pay attention or you say stupid stuff on purpose. I don't know what it is. Either way mission accomplished.

Every move matters. Guys who are released. Guys who are signed. Guys who get drafted. Coaching changes.

Or is this only true of your team? Take off the homer glasses and talk football. I don't buy the propoganda. You wanna swallow that it's your business.

That's kind of funny because most here seems to think that Lloyd and Randle El are a couple of nobodys that we overpaid. But anyway, I just went to your "official website of the Cowboys" and it was 99% TO and 1% John Fabini. That tells me a lot. When the Skins signed Lloyd, Randle El, Carter and Archilletta, they were given equal billing on Commanders.com.

superpunk

Reaction score
redskinsforever said:
That's kind of funny because most here seems to think that Lloyd and Randle El are a couple of nobodys that we overpaid. But anyway, I just went to your "official website of the Cowboys" and it was 99% TO and 1% John Fabini.

This is shocking? TO is one of the top 3 receivers in the league. Fabini is a decent RT. Gee....wonder which one attracts more attention?:rolleyes:

That tells me a lot. When the Skins signed Lloyd, Randle El, Carter and Archilletta, they were given equal billing on Commanders.com.

They're all about the same level of mediocre. So they receive the same billing.

redskinsforever

Reaction score
superpunk said:
This is shocking? TO is one of the top 3 receivers in the league. Fabini is a decent RT. Gee....wonder which one attracts more attention?:rolleyes:

They're all about the same level of mediocre. So they receive the same billing.

Didn't Lloyd have one of his best games against the Cowboys?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
redskinsforever said:
So did Tim Rattay :) Where's he playing now?

-Reality is real

superpunk

Reaction score
redskinsforever said:

Didn't Troy Hambrick have one of his best games against the Commanders? Jason Garrett?

Last I checked, the season is still 16 games long.