We've played three elite defenses to start the year

TheHerd

Reaction score
Its a tough, first place, schedule.
Last year was a last place schedule

2-1 works for me

It's more about the out of division games.
It's still a first place schedule. Yes, there are only two games different, but we're still playing the winners of the NFC North and the NFC South. Washington is playing the last place teams in those two divisions. Two games can make a HUGE difference in making the playoffs or staying home in January.

Though it's only 2 games, it's playing the Packers and Atlanta instead of playing the Saint and Vikings. That's a pretty big difference. Though I agree that the out of division games make for the overall schedule difficulty.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Because what we all want is an offense that can only perform well against bad defenses.

Our fans are as weak as our head coach.

Even the best offenses are usually limited by great defenses. The Broncos especially have shut down the best of the best over the last three years.

Don't let that get in your way, though.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even the best offenses are usually limited by great defenses. The Broncos especially have shut down the best of the best over the last three years.

Don't let that get in your way, though.

Yeah, I read the spineless weak excuse already

Hey, it's cool guys. These are good defenses.

Spare me. That's a Cincinnati Bengals mentality.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Yeah, I read the spineless weak excuse already

Hey, it's cool guys. These are good defenses.

Spare me. That's a Cincinnati Bengals mentality.

It's a New England Patriots mentality as well. It's why Brady is 5-2 in the SB instead of 7-0, and why he didn't go to the SB in 2015.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's a New England Patriots mentality as well. It's why Brady is 5-2 in the SB instead of 7-0, and why he didn't go to the SB in 2015.

The Patriots shrug their shoulders after a beatdown against a good defense?

Good to know. I feel better.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
The Giants, Broncos and Cardinals all have a very good chance of finishing in the top 5 in total defense this season. No other team in the league has had such a brutal stretch of defenses to start the year. Getting out of this stretch 2-1 is an accomplishment.

The rest of the way we only play three more games against defenses anywhere near that talented: The Giants (again), the Seahawks and the Chiefs (now without Eric Berry). Moreover we play some decidedly BAD defenses going forward.

We went 13-3 last year because we faced a lot of average to bad defenses who couldn't get their offenses on the field. That's largely what we will see the rest of the way.

There's nothing "wrong" with our offense. Great defenses usually beat great offenses.

So can I assume what you're getting at is that we'll get off the schnide against the Rams?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We're 2-1 and still averaging over 20 PPG. Calm down.

What's that have to do with it? Don't run away from your weak minded excuse. The Patriots do not excuse a loss because the defense was pretty good. That's a loser mentality.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You claimed we got three "beatdowns", when in fact we won two of the games and our offensive numbers were respectable. Stop being an emotional woman.

No I didn't. I said that the excuse that we faced a tough defense makes the loss ok is incredibly weak.

It doesn't make it ok. It's just the way fan boys rationalize it.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
I watched that 21 point blitz they put on the Eagles when Eli had all day to throw. Defend an eagles team not sacking an immobile Eli with that pathetic OL all you want
Come one man, the Giants didn't start scoring point until Cox, Graham, and Hicks left the game injured. And does anyone think that a team missing four DB's could keep it up all game? Hell, they were playing a ST guy at safety. They also held the Giants to seven yards rushing the first half. Eli was able to throw in the second half because the Eagles were playing more second and third stringers than starters on defense. Take out six starters from our defense, with three of them being our best players on D. You think we're stopping many teams?