We've played three elite defenses to start the year

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
The offense has not really changed a lot since he left. We are a bit more run oriented than we used to be. But that's about it.
it is still basically the same offense Jason used when Wade was here.

I understand. Rob Ryan when he was the Saints DC knew our offense. This isn't the same thing. An example is Wade just faced a Shannahan's offense last year and it didn't seem to help Wade when the 49ers went up and down the field on him.
That means that your explanation doesn't work if the entire offensive personnel isn't the same. In this case, all of the players are new to him with the exception of Witten. Dez was a rookie but he is a lot better now.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We face another tremendous DL next week in the Rams. Their back end isn't as strong, but they're no slouches.

We really do have a brutal schedule this year.
jimnabby---your profile pic looks like me after a long weekend...and i agree Rams are not slouches..they have put up 40 or more twice and they have a good D

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
6bK7UR9.png

So far we have played the 4th, 9th, and 16th rated defenses. Not bad!

Check out that Commanders defensive rating.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
This might help. NFL teams time of possession. See how the good defensive teams have higher time of possession ( in general)

SV38gX6.png

willia451

Reaction score
I don't look too far ahead. The Cowboys did what they had to do, on the road, against the Cardinals, to keep the season alive. If they beat the Rams at home to go 3-1, they gain confidence and momentum going into the Packers game. Which will be a very, very tough game for them.

Especially after what happened last year in the playoffs.

I hope they can keep it going. I have tickets this season to the Thanksgiving Day game. It would be nice if they were doing well that late in the season so the place was rockin and rollin.

Go Cowboys!!!!

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
How many sacks did the Eagles have against NY? Zero.

Does that mean the Eagles have a terrible DL? No.

Does that mean that the Giants have an excellent OL? No.
I didn't ask the other questions. Again Dallas DL is better and eagles DL is living off past reputation. I can't imagine what you folks would say had Dallas got 0 sacks against 1 of the worst OL in football. Keep making excuses for the Eagles. Between this and the defending of Wentz I'm starting to think yall Eagles fans

whynot

Reaction score
I didn't ask the other questions. Again Dallas DL is better and eagles DL is living off past reputation. I can't imagine what you folks would say had Dallas got 0 sacks against 1 of the worst OL in football. Keep making excuses for the Eagles. Between this and the defending of Wentz I'm starting to think yall Eagles fans

If Eli was getting rid of the ball as quickly against Dallas as he was against the Eagles, it's very likely we would have had 0 sacks as well.

Not making excuses for the Eagles, just saying they don't have a terrible DL.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
The Giants, Broncos and Cardinals all have a very good chance of finishing in the top 5 in total defense this season. No other team in the league has had such a brutal stretch of defenses to start the year. Getting out of this stretch 2-1 is an accomplishment.

The rest of the way we only play three more games against defenses anywhere near that talented: The Giants (again), the Seahawks and the Chiefs (now without Eric Berry). Moreover we play some decidedly BAD defenses going forward.

We went 13-3 last year because we faced a lot of average to bad defenses who couldn't get their offenses on the field. That's largely what we will see the rest of the way.

There's nothing "wrong" with our offense. Great defenses usually beat great offenses.

Agree. 2-1 is not bad. The problem is that two of the teams are not going to win 8 games this year.