We've played three elite defenses to start the year

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Come one man, the Giants didn't start scoring point until Cox, Graham, and Hicks left the game injured. And does anyone think that a team missing four DB's could keep it up all game? Hell, they were playing a ST guy at safety. They also held the Giants to seven yards rushing the first half. Eli was able to throw in the second half because the Eagles were playing more second and third stringers than starters on defense. Take out six starters from our defense, with three of them being our best players on D. You think we're stopping many teams?
Well that went over your head. Let's try this again

If eagles have this great DL how come they have a big 0 in sacks against the giants. They couldn't beat giants OL 1 time for a sack

khiladi

Reaction score
The Giants, Broncos and Cardinals all have a very good chance of finishing in the top 5 in total defense this season. No other team in the league has had such a brutal stretch of defenses to start the year. Getting out of this stretch 2-1 is an accomplishment.

The rest of the way we only play three more games against defenses anywhere near that talented: The Giants (again), the Seahawks and the Chiefs (now without Eric Berry). Moreover we play some decidedly BAD defenses going forward.

We went 13-3 last year because we faced a lot of average to bad defenses who couldn't get their offenses on the field. That's largely what we will see the rest of the way.

There's nothing "wrong" with our offense. Great defenses usually beat great offenses.

No we haven't.. cardinals are a bottom rise defense right now and the Giants are allowing points..

JDSmith

Reaction score
No we haven't.. cardinals are a bottom rise defense right now and the Giants are allowing points..

The Giants are also giving up 153 rushing yards per game, which I believe makes them the last ranked team against the run. And they give up better than 4.5 yards per carry - Zeke averaged 4.3 so he actually helped their average.

khiladi

Reaction score
The Giants are also giving up 153 rushing yards per game, which I believe makes them the last ranked team against the run. And they give up better than 4.5 yards per carry - Zeke averaged 4.3 so he actually helped their average.

I'd still give them some benefit of the dougt because their offense is garbage and can't sustain drives. I bet TOP would probably favor this argument.

JDSmith

Reaction score
I'd still give them some benefit of the dougt because their offense is garbage and can't sustain drives. I bet TOP would probably favor this argument.

Their offense isn't helping, but it seems they miss Hankins a lot. They aren't getting off the field on defense, which combined with the offense means they are wearing down.

khiladi

Reaction score
Even the best offenses are usually limited by great defenses. The Broncos especially have shut down the best of the best over the last three years.

Don't let that get in your way, though.

Wade Phillips is gone this year..

Don't let that get in your way though.. don't let the fact Buffalo just beat that Denver team to and this QB was like 20-26 with 2 TDs.

Last edited:

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Well that went over your head. Let's try this again

If eagles have this great DL how come they have a big 0 in sacks against the giants. They couldn't beat giants OL 1 time for a sack
Did you watch the game? The whole first half Eli took three steps and threw the ball to an area. Even on the Giants board they were laughing at the hurry up strategy employed to stop Eli from getting killed. Once the Eagle injuries took their toll, and the Giants realized that the Eagles would not blitz even with their main guys out, did Eli have protection and start to move the team. No one was going to sack Eli when he counts to 2 and just throws the ball. This may come as a shock to you, but sometimes other teams adjust...I hope that concept is not over your head.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Did you watch the game? The whole first half Eli took three steps and threw the ball to an area. Even on the Giants board they were laughing at the hurry up strategy employed to stop Eli from getting killed. Once the Eagle injuries took their toll, and the Giants realized that the Eagles would not blitz even with their main guys out, did Eli have protection and start to move the team. No one was going to sack Eli when he counts to 2 and just throws the ball. This may come as a shock to you, but sometimes other teams adjust...I hope that concept is not over your head.
......how many sacks did the Eagles have against the Giants. Easy to answer......well for regular folk

Gator88

Reaction score
Both the Giants and the Cardinals have looked far worse on defense than the previous year, and they were both missing the player that their offense revolves around which made things far tougher on their defenses.

The only good defense Dallas played was a Denver team in Denver and they got dominated by that defense.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Scandrick, Awuzie, Lewis, Irving, Hitchens...yeah we already did it and were pretty good.
Now add Lee and Lawrence to that list, and make sure the free safety is one of our special teamers. That is pretty much what happened to the Eagles during the second half of that game.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
......how many sacks did the Eagles have against the Giants. Easy to answer......well for regular folk
I see you are a professional troll who still didn't watch the game. If you did watch the game, you don't know jack about football.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Both the Giants and the Cardinals have looked far worse on defense than the previous year, and they were both missing the player that their offense revolves around which made things far tougher on their defenses.

The only good defense Dallas played was a Denver team in Denver and they got dominated by that defense.

Giants were good when we played them. Not talking about what their d is doing now, but what they were when we faced them.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Now add Lee and Lawrence to that list, and make sure the free safety is one of our special teamers. That is pretty much what happened to the Eagles during the second half of that game.
They were definitely shorthanded. But Dallas was pretty shorthanded too and dominated them.