WFT Releases QB Haskins

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
undrafted and so far career backup Kyle allen is supposed to be a threat to a first round pick? He should have more confidence in himself and be more accountable and prepared. No team is playing Kyle allen over a first round pick if their performance is even close.

People wanna complain about the Jones duo...
Haskins was actually snyder's pick. Went to private school with snyder's son. Forced on gruden and rivera.

But he was a threat. They benched Haskins for Kyle Allen lol.

And I hear the whole Snyder narrative but let's don't kid ourselves here....Haskins was considered one of the best QB prospects in a weak QB draft yes. He was going to be a 1st round pick. He wasn't a reach. His failure has more to do with him playing for the Commanders if anything.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Except, as I said, if you miss in round 1 on a QB, you screw yourself for your team's future. You can't just say oh we'll try again next year. You may have bigger needs then. Like, I don't know, stopping the run which is a huge problem for us. That's why I said, id take someone like Mac Jones in round 3-4 after using my first 2 picks on LB and DT.

Well..

The Cardinals missed on Rosen and it made them terrible allowing them to pick Kyler Murray.

Im fine with being terrible.

Just please don’t stay on this path of mediocrity.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm curious, why do you say that this draft class doesn't look good outside of Lawrence?

I dont think that Fields is going to be all that great. Then again, Ohio State doesn't have a great track record of NFL QBs. The ND State QB looks good, but we've seen what another ND State QB has been. Zach Wilson looks good. I don't trust Trask in the clutch. Mac Jones is someone we may be able to get in round 3-4.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It is a culmination of selfish and stupid decisions that adversely effected the team and can't imagine what we do not know. Not sure why you can not see this, there isn't some hidden agenda or reason for this, do stupid things, be lazy and self entitled and guess what you are gone, same as any job.. You only deserve what you get as a result of what you do.

They were disloyal to him so he was disloyal back. I see no issue.

Motorola

Reaction score
Exactly. I'm not saying it isn't his prerogative. But lets not act like rivera wanted him to succeed either.
HK -from your posts it appears you follow Washington just as much as the Cowboys. Even with all the distractions and controversies, the team looks like it is on its way up (watched a good deal of the Panthers game (switching back and forth with the Rams- Seahawks)).

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I disagree about this draft class..

Very solid prospects.

Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Fields, Mac Jones, Trey Lance, and Kyle Trask all look like very solid prospects.

Zach Wilson has incredible upside too. Could he bust? Sure.. But it’s not a big deal to move on from now days because of the rookie contract scale.

People still scared to draft QB like it’s pre-Cam Newton days when you had to pay your rookie QB like an elite vet.

every draft pick is a "a solid prospect". That's why the team drafts them. I don't know all those players on your list. I've seen Lawrence play and he's over-rated in my book.

I've watched Fields play every game. He looks more and more fragile all the time. I find it hard to believe he'd fight so hard for the season then play gingerly for his draft spot.

I just don't think your policy of draft whatever and move on is sound.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Well..

The Cardinals missed on Rosen and it made them terrible allowing them to pick Kyler Murray.

Im fine with being terrible.

Just please don’t stay on this path of mediocrity.

I think we will be fine if we can fix our run defence. We're fine on offense with Dak. Our pass D has improved, and we've found a FS in Wilson. Our run defence sucks, and we need linebacker much more desperately than we do QB. Let's face it, LB is the QB of the defence.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is a culmination of selfish and stupid decisions that adversely effected the team and can't imagine what we do not know. Not sure why you can not see this, there isn't some hidden agenda or reason for this, do stupid things, be lazy and self entitled and guess what you are gone, same as any job.. You only deserve what you get as a result of what you do.

And it wasn't just because a selfie. It was the final straw on a heavy load that broke the camel's back.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You asked HIM for a list. I don't care what year. You asked him and he gave you a very comprehensive one.

Looks like you just want to keep it at 2016 to support your narrative. rather than a larger sample size. Ammirite?

No you’re not right..

In fact you’re incredibly wrong and if you actually go back through this thread and read philadons post you will see why I answered from 2016 on and why I prefer furboys list better.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think we will be fine if we can fix our run defence. We're fine on offense with Dak. Our pass D has improved, and we've found a FS in Wilson. Our run defence sucks, and we need linebacker much more desperately than we do QB. Let's face it, LB is the QB of the defence.

I don;t bash our own players very often...but our LBers suck. Sure they could use more help on the D-line. We get 1 0r 2 players around the pocket and the other just sit there and get spun.

Watching Jaylon's odd gait running around the field...is maddening. Maybe he just needs more help?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No you’re not right..

In fact you’re incredibly wrong and if you actually go back through this thread and read philadons post you will see why I answered from 2016 on and why I prefer furboys list better.
Okay fair enough...I came in a little late I will check it.

But....I prefer the more comprehensive list to assess this situation. Not 2016 cherry picking. Regardless of what you wanted.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
But he was a threat. They benched Haskins for Kyle Allen lol.

And I hear the whole Snyder narrative but let's don't kid ourselves here....Haskins was considered one of the best QB prospects in a weak QB draft yes. He was going to be a 1st round pick. He wasn't a reach. His failure has more to do with him playing for the Commanders if anything.
Yup. Then they expect the kid to succeed when he hears in the media the coaches he has to work with everyday didn't want him there to the point they were physically ill. Sounds like a great work environment to help a young kid get better. Then to top it off your coach gets fired before your rookie season then the next coach right after he is hired says he doesn't really believe you are the guy for the job. Heres some links rivera just didn't want him.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...-Commanders-traded-for-kyle-allen/ar-BB11Hqm3

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I don;t bash our own players very often...but our LBers suck. Sure they could use more help on the D-line. We get 1 0r 2 players around the pocket and the other just sit there and get spun.

Watching Jaylon's odd gait running around the field...is maddening. Maybe he just needs more help?

Well exactly! Sean Lee is likely going to retire. Vander Esch has injury issues. And Jaylon Smith is Jaylon Smith. We don't have a good LB when Vander Esch is injured. We MUST fix this round 1! We're setting records in inability to stop the run! In 2020! The rules are set for passing to be successful, yet we can't stop the run! We need to fix the LB position! We also need a DT to pair with Gallimore and a strong safety. We also could use a CB. We can't really afford to draft a QB before round 3-4 this year. The only reason I say 3 is because we have 2 3rd round picks. So, we could use the second of these picks to get a QB if we choose. But, we must use the first 3 picks on defence.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I disagree about this draft class..

Very solid prospects.

Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Fields, Mac Jones, Trey Lance, and Kyle Trask all look like very solid prospects.

Zach Wilson has incredible upside too. Could he bust? Sure.. But it’s not a big deal to move on from now days because of the rookie contract scale.

People still scared to draft QB like it’s pre-Cam Newton days when you had to pay your rookie QB like an elite vet.
LOL. Zach Wilson is already showing to have character issues. Not surprising you like him.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
LOL. Zach Wilson is already showing to have character issues. Not surprising you like him.

Yeah.. And Herbert wasn’t a vocal leader and a introvert..

Who cares.

What’s their talent? That’s all I care about.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
HK -from your posts it appears you follow Washington just as much as the Cowboys. Even with all the distractions and controversies, the team looks like it is on its way up (watched a good deal of the Panthers game (switching back and forth with the Rams- Seahawks)).
My father is a wft fan. They built a solid d line and decent secondary. Gibson their rb looks good and mcclaurin is a beast. But offensively they have no1 else outside of mcclaurin as a receiving threat and their o line is not very good. Haskins never had a shot. Haskins on the final drive against the seahawks where they needed a td to win. He drove them down into seahawks territory then on 3 plays in a row he was sacked from guys running free in under 3 seconds.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Well exactly! Sean Lee is likely going to retire. Vander Esch has injury issues. And Jaylon Smith is Jaylon Smith. We don't have a good LB when Vander Esch is injured. We MUST fix this round 1! We're setting records in inability to stop the run! In 2020! The rules are set for passing to be successful, yet we can't stop the run! We need to fix the LB position! We also need a DT to pair with Gallimore and a strong safety. We also could use a CB. We can't really afford to draft a QB before round 3-4 this year. The only reason I say 3 is because we have 2 3rd round picks. So, we could use the second of these picks to get a QB if we choose. But, we must use the first 3 picks on defence.
Vander Glass has actually been as bad or worse than jaylon in some games this year.