WFT Releases QB Haskins

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It's not too scattered even for a scatter brain like you. Just scroll down. Sure there's some junk in between....but....There's not a lot of detail...you should be able to just read the names and tell what's going on.

He asked for QBs from 2016..

That list put guys from 2000 all the way until now.. It was all over the place.

How am I a scatter brain? I’m incredibly consistent with my thoughts on this.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
We're fine at QB. Where we need the most help is stopping the run! Everyone knows that's our kryptonite on defence. We are setting records for giving up yards on the run! In 2020 when the rules are set up for passing no less! That's embarrassing! What we need is LB, DT, DE, and SS (we have a FS in Wilson).

phildadon86

Reaction score
So what’s wrong.

7 or 8 solid QBs...

What’s debatable?

Our backup QB can get the same results as our starter for a small fraction of the cost.

Im paying elite and letting the solids walk and as you can see solid QBs are abundant.

That list doesn’t even factor in Burrow, Tua, and Herbert.

We need to build a great team.. Paying the QB will just lead to you guys crying about the rest of the team not being good enough for him like you do now.
You're the one crying. 7 or 8 solid QBs out of 56? And you dont see a problem?

Ok.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Those guys are too new to assess. Come on. Barely played.

Ok so excluding Burrow, Tua, and Herbert I think there is 7 or 8 solid guys and only a few of them I would pay.

Im not paying solid unless they have a championship in hand.

I have no problem paying Joe Flacco and parading him around for a few years with a massive contract even though he’s just a solid player.

In general.. Pay your elites and let your solids hit the road if they want money like they are elite.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Ok so excluding Burrow, Tua, and Herbert I think there is 7 or 8 solid guys and only a few of them I would pay.

Im not paying solid unless they have a championship in hand.

I have no problem paying Joe Flacco and parading him around for a few years with a massive contract even though he’s just a solid player.

In general.. Pay your elites and let your solids hit the road if they want money like they are elite.

Great! And then set yourself up for busts at QB. Especially with Jerry picking. Unfortunately, the money Dak wants is the going rate for QBs now. Luckily, the cap can be manipulated. There are ways to make signing Dak work while keeping our core players.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Great! And then set yourself up for busts at QB. Especially with Jerry picking. Unfortunately, the money Dak wants is the going rate for QBs now. Luckily, the cap can be manipulated. There are ways to make signing Dak work while keeping our core players.

We’ve already screwed up by signing good players to great contracts.

Whatever.

Jerry will do what you guys want eventually.

Maybe learn the lesson this time and don’t ignore the same lesson the Romo years taught us.

History is repeating itself with a lesser QB wanting more money and a lot of you are Jason Garrett clapping away while Jerry does it.

We can get the same results with Andy freaking Dalton as we do with Dak.. That’s what’s funny and you guys are scared to draft when Dalton wins games at a similar rate for us.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Pretty amazing that after losing all those picks on RG3 and now this that they still have managed to draft the best DL in the league

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
A Dalton, Haskins, Gilbert depth chart next year would be pretty sweet.

:laugh:

tenor.gif

Brax

Reaction score
If a selfie? He deserves to lose his career over a selfie,
It is a culmination of selfish and stupid decisions that adversely effected the team and can't imagine what we do not know. Not sure why you can not see this, there isn't some hidden agenda or reason for this, do stupid things, be lazy and self entitled and guess what you are gone, same as any job.. You only deserve what you get as a result of what you do.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
We’ve already screwed up by signing good players to great contracts.

Whatever.

Jerry will do what you guys want eventually.

Maybe learn the lesson this time and don’t ignore the same lesson the Romo years taught us.

History is repeating itself with a lesser QB wanting more money and a lot of you are Jason Garrett clapping away while Jerry does it.

We can get the same results with Andy freaking Dalton as we do with Dak.. That’s what’s funny and you guys are scared to draft when Dalton wins games at a similar rate for us.

Look here, I'd be more on board with you if it weren't for the fact that this draft class doesn't look good at all outside Trevor. Dak is wanting a short term deal. I'd say give him his 4 year deal, but draft someone in round 3-4 either this year or next year. Let them develop.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Head Coach's prerogative. Haskins was drafted by the previous GM\HC.
IF Rivera did not want to go with Haskins (for whatever reason(s)), so be it.

Haskins can now go forward and prove his abilities and skills with any of the other 31 teams that will extend him the opportunity this upcoming offseason.
Exactly. I'm not saying it isn't his prerogative. But lets not act like rivera wanted him to succeed either.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Look here, I'd be more on board with you if it weren't for the fact that this draft class doesn't look good at all outside Trevor. Dak is wanting a short term deal. I'd say give him his 4 year deal, but draft someone next season in round 3-4 either this year or next year. Let them develop.

I disagree about this draft class..

Very solid prospects.

Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Fields, Mac Jones, Trey Lance, and Kyle Trask all look like very solid prospects.

Zach Wilson has incredible upside too. Could he bust? Sure.. But it’s not a big deal to move on from now days because of the rookie contract scale.

People still scared to draft QB like it’s pre-Cam Newton days when you had to pay your rookie QB like an elite vet.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Look here, I'd be more on board with you if it weren't for the fact that this draft class doesn't look good at all outside Trevor. Dak is wanting a short term deal. I'd say give him his 4 year deal, but draft someone in round 3-4 either this year or next year. Let them develop.

I'm curious, why do you say that this draft class doesn't look good outside of Lawrence?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Lol exactly. People forget jerry tried to draft Paxton lynch, and connor cook before settling on Dak.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I disagree about this draft class..

Very solid prospects.

Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Fields, Mac Jones, Trey Lance, and Kyle Trask all look like very solid prospects.

Zach Wilson has incredible upside too. Could he bust? Sure.. But it’s not a big deal to move on from now days because of the rookie contract scale.

People still scared to draft QB like it’s pre-Cam Newton days when you had to pay your rookie QB like an elite vet.

Except, as I said, if you miss in round 1 on a QB, you screw yourself for your team's future. You can't just say oh we'll try again next year. You may have bigger needs then. Like, I don't know, stopping the run which is a huge problem for us. That's why I said, id take someone like Mac Jones in round 3-4 after using my first 2 picks on LB and DT.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He asked for QBs from 2016..

That list put guys from 2000 all the way until now.. It was all over the place.

How am I a scatter brain? I’m incredibly consistent with my thoughts on this.

You asked HIM for a list. I don't care what year. You asked him and he gave you a very comprehensive one.

Looks like you just want to keep it at 2016 to support your narrative. rather than a larger sample size. Ammirite?