What’s Lambs ceiling?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
OP is SOOO right. WR with a 40 time above 4.4 have low upside. Remember that 4.6 running receiver the 9ers used to have, called Jerry Rice? Me neither. He was a bum, and his upside was limited because he ran a 4.6. There are so many examples of this... you guys have probably never heard of the guy, but the Cowboys drafted this JAG called Michael Irvin in the 90s who was destined for mediocrity because his 40 time didn't meet the OP's standards. So everyone needs to give the OP a break. He's right and you guys are all so so wrong.
:hammer:Master class sardonic tone :bow:

Reactions: CWR

Section446

Reaction score
Probably have one good season, hold out for more money, then fall off the face of the planet once he gets paid... It's the Cowboy way.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
For now - Alvin Harper, Laurent Robinson, Terry Glenn, CeeDee Lamb. He's going to get better and better though. In the old days WRs did not excel in the league their first year, it took time. Now fans expect them to produce right away. I hope CeeDee continues to improve his route running, strength and physicality so he can exceed those players I mentioned.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I like Lamb but this place over rates our players so much it is insane. He was almost not even in the top 5 of his rookie class. He has the potential sure but so do a lot of players. Putting up stats in our ridiculous system with our pathetic defense is nothing to be proud of.

kskboys

Reaction score
Unless we Miles Austin him by sending him deep all the time, Lamb should be a Hopkins clone, catching passes all over the field and moving the ball. 1st down machine.

quickccc

Reaction score
Inside I do t ever feel he’s going to be too 5. He runs in the 4.5s. He’s not a burner. He has great hands and long arms but does t jump high. I do t ever see him dominating an elite carver in man to man. I hope I’m proven wrong, but how do you all see it. At least dez could jump ball any corner in the league abs weighed 225. Lambs 189. Could he afford to chain weight?

i'm not the least bit worried about adding bulk and mass to Lamb. Several stand out wide outs that ball out at thin frame, weight.
Does he play stronger than his frame suggest ? Is he tougher than what his size suggest ?
Does he play faster than what his 40 time suggest ? ... Is he quite a handful for opposing defense ?
Is he Difficult to cover, does he shows up big often/regular basis and in the most critical of games ?

- He has been compared to Cardinal's WR DeAndre Hopkins, and I can see that similarity- in terms of his sheer competitiveness, his pure natural receiving skills,
twisting body control, terrific knack for the game, footwork-routes, run skills and ability to separate vs coverage,
or make tough catches even with defenders hanging all over him.

-Despite the absence of Dak, I like Lamb's savvy and well adjustment to the game, the day he first stepped on the playing field.
He didn't seem lost or out of synch at all as a rookie.

- He doesn't have to be lead feature right now with Cooper on hand, but he was selected to be a very special cornerstone that could be a lead feature.
They think he has the mentality and skill set to not only be a featured lead, but a super star lead WR.

- He's not as fleet quick in those jet sweeps, or in punt returns, and he had issues with drop lapses,
but I really feel excited about his potential and level of production he'll give us.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Top possession receiver. Doesn't have the size or speed to be really top notch.

But that was Julian Edelman as well. And he did all right, don't have to have the absolute best at a position for every spot on your team, Cooper is a true no. 1, if he can stay healthy...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I really feel excited about his potential and level of production he'll give us.

Agreed.

Most NFL receivers, even great ones, take a couple of years to "blossom". Too early to make a definitive judgment on him. And of course no receiver is going to be great without consistently good to great quarterback play and overall offensive player. Rice had Joe Montana and Steve Young throwing to him most of his career, both HOFers...

jnday

Reaction score
I am glad all of the WR evaluators didn’t have the opportunity to evaluate Jerry Rice. Rice didn’t have all of these elite traits that are being discussed. He did however, get the most out of the talent he had and became the best WR in league history. Lamb has the talent to be as good as his drive and motivation can take him. He can be as good as he wants to be and he seems to be a hard worker that wants to be great.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I am glad all of the WR evaluators didn’t have the opportunity to evaluate Jerry Rice. Rice didn’t have all of these elite traits that are being discussed. He did however, get the most out of the talent he had and became the best WR in league history. Lamb has the talent to be as good as his drive and motivation can take him. He can be as good as he wants to be and he seems to be a hard worker that wants to be great.

Most of the knocks on Rice were myths, especially his 40 time. And Rice had a ton of elite traits lol, it's why he went in the top 20 of the 85 draft.

Antonio Brown would probably be the best comparison here, but even then, Lamb was evaluated well and went in the first. He's not exactly being overlooked.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
He doesn’t have elite speed or even good speed. When that’s the case, you need CB elite route running or overpowering size and strength. His elite trait is hands and length. He’s skinny so he can’t get physical.
His hands weren’t good last year. Most drops in the league.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Eight drops A league record. Yeah that’s a little much don’t you think. Yup that’s just human I get it. I wonder why we pay them so much.
Why do you keep saying 8 drops is a league record? It didn't even lead the league last year.

Dionte Johnson had 13 drops
Evan Engram had 11
Jerry Jeudy had 11
Alvin Kamara had 9
CD was tied with Diggs, Lockett, DK Metcalf with 8

RS12

Reaction score
He already bulked up since the end of season. The photo I saw was all good weight. As far as a comp goes I have said all along he reminded me of Drew Pearson the way he caught the ball and ran after catch. Let's hope he ends up being that good.

Creeper

Reaction score
Inside I do t ever feel he’s going to be too 5. He runs in the 4.5s. He’s not a burner. He has great hands and long arms but does t jump high. I do t ever see him dominating an elite carver in man to man. I hope I’m proven wrong, but how do you all see it. At least dez could jump ball any corner in the league abs weighed 225. Lambs 189. Could he afford to chain weight?

This year will tell us everything about Lamb, but I don't think he will ever be a WR1 either. He strikes me as a slot guy who can move outside and be an effective WR3. That doesn't mean he won't make plays. He has some elusiveness. Pair him with DeVonta Smith and a guy like Anthony Schwartz and opposing defenses would have nightmares I think.

kumizi

Reaction score
His ceiling in an All-Pro. He needs to get much stronger. He has super skinny legs. I dont think he broke 5 tackles in the entire 16 game season.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why do you keep saying 8 drops is a league record? It didn't even lead the league last year.

Dionte Johnson had 13 drops
Evan Engram had 11
Jerry Jeudy had 11
Alvin Kamara had 9
CD was tied with Diggs, Lockett, DK Metcalf with 8
I don’t know if that’s what it said on the Internet if I’m wrong I apologize. Maybe for a rookie I should re-read it

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I hope it's high, I just feel in a DIFFERENT offense from ours, he would have put up even LARGER numbers!!!