What’s Lambs ceiling?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You also having bad grammar doesn't exempt you from constructive criticism designed to encourage you to improve the readability of your posts. English wasn't my 1st language growing up but I'm proof that obstacle can be overcome. I think others can/should do the same.
I have excellent grammar. I have neuropathy nerve damage it’s google that has bad grammar because it doesn’t do what I ask it to do. It’s getting old and you’re losing your memory how many times do I have to tell you. I use speaking text. So my point is this man might have a medical condition also don’t pick on him

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Think we’re being creatures of the moment here. Ceedee might end up being better because he has a much better temperament and head on his shoulders. Dez was as talented as anyone. Just lacked elite top end speed everything else was elite.
Best in the lg at jump balls, monster RAC guy and brought intensity. Often times to much ! Lol
If only Dez had made that one catch against the Packers in the playoffs. Maybe the football world would respect him more.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You also having bad grammar doesn't exempt you from constructive criticism designed to encourage you to improve the readability of your posts. English wasn't my 1st language growing up but I'm proof that obstacle can be overcome. I think others can/should do the same.
My daughter had a 780 on her English SATs. What do you think she got that from LOL

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If only he had made that one catch against the Packers in the playoffs. Maybe the football world would respect him more.
The catch has nothing to do with his career and how it ended up. He dropped so many third down drive killing passes. That’s what ruined his career. It was actually Dak Prescott that through Dez Bryant his first ever playoff touchstone catch. Same with Jason Witten

Scotman

Reaction score
Unless I misread it, it sounds as if you're saying that CD doesn't have the measurables to have much of a ceiling. I've got him listed as 6'2" and 198 pounds. He ran around a 4.5 40. He's incredibly hard to tackle. His best asset is his precision route running and terrific hands. In my opinion, his ceiling is in the Jerry Rice territory. Rice was 6'2" and 200 pounds. Rice ran a 4.58 at the combine in 1985. Rice is considered by many to be the GOAT because of his route running, amazing hands and RAC...the very same things CD is noted for.

By measureables alone, you wouldn't have seen it in Rice either. CD was a rookie last year. He only needs to improve and then keep doing it for the next decade and a half. He needs to make around 13 probowls in 16 years. He needs to total about 23,000 yards to catch Rice. Heck, rice went for 1200 yards in the year he turned 40!

I don't compare CD to Jerry Rice because I think he's already there. Obviously not. I compare him because that's who he reminds me of. If I am to project out a max ceiling, that where I put it until it doesn't look like it's still possible. Odds are always that a player won't be the next Rice. Always. Until some kid is.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Those are all moot points because he gets open. That's what matters along with his ability to catch the ball and get YAC. The OP is wrong in his criticism of Lamb.
I don’t think he’s wrong with his opinion right now. I’ve seen CD drop third-down passes. Catchers that he should’ve made. I have also seen him make circus catchers that he shouldn’t. Only time is going to tell isn’t it. It’s too early. Is he going to get 2000 yards. Maybe not we have too much talent spreading the ball around. How will that treat his end of year evaluation

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Unless I misread it, it sounds as if you're saying that CD doesn't have the measurables to have much of a ceiling. I've got him listed as 6'2" and 198 pounds. He ran around a 4.5 40. He's incredibly hard to tackle. His best asset is his precision route running and terrific hands. In my opinion, his ceiling is in the Jerry Rice territory. Rice was 6'2" and 200 pounds. Rice ran a 4.58 at the combine in 1985. Rice is considered by many to be the GOAT because of his route running, amazing hands and RAC...the very same things CD is noted for.

By measureables alone, you wouldn't have seen it in Rice either. CD was a rookie last year. He only needs to improve and then keep doing it for the next decade and a half. He needs to make around 13 probowls in 16 years. He needs to total about 23,000 yards to catch Rice. Heck, rice went for 1200 yards in the year he turned 40!

I don't compare CD to Jerry Rice because I think he's already there. Obviously not. I compare him because that's who he reminds me of. If I am to project out a max ceiling, that where I put it until it doesn't look like it's still possible. Odds are always that a player won't be the next Rice. Always. Until some kid is.
It’s way too early to put him in the Jerry Rice category my cowboy brother. This league knows how to stop the slant. RAC. A nowhere near that used to be for anyone

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The catch has nothing to do with his career and how it ended up. He dropped so many third down drive killing passes. That’s what ruined his career. It was actually Dak Prescott that through Dez Bryant his first ever playoff touchstone catch. Same with Jason Witten
You think so? LOL :rolleyes:

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

He dropped 8 his last season . That’s actually an NFL Record

Scotman

Reaction score
It’s way too early to put him in the Jerry Rice category my cowboy brother. This league knows how to stop the slant. RAC. A nowhere near that used to be for anyone

I didn't put him in that category, though. He asked for a ceiling. I did try to be clear that he had a long road in front of him to be there.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I didn't put him in that category, though. He asked for a ceiling. I did try to be clear that he had a long road in front of him to be there.
I thought you said in your opinion he’s already better than rice. Maybe I miss read it . How else would I take is already there

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And you can't overlook that. If that continued he'd be relegated to just a guy.
I have an issue with turnovers. Elliot had as many fumbles as he did touchdowns. You can’t drop the ball you can’t put the ball on the ground in this league if you’re going to win. You can have 2000 yards but what good are they if you’re turning the ball over. That’s the point I’m trying to make

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don’t think he’s wrong with his opinion right now. I’ve seen CD drop third-down passes. Catchers that he should’ve made. I have also seen him make circus catchers that he shouldn’t. Only time is going to tell isn’t it. It’s too early. Is he going to get 2000 yards. Maybe not we have too much talent spreading the ball around. How will that treat his end of year evaluation
The OP is an idiot. You defending him puts you in doubt as well. It's just that simple. Read through this thread and see the ridiculous things said by him if they haven't already been deleted by the mods.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I have an issue with turnovers. Elliot had as many fumbles as he did touchdowns. You can’t drop the ball you can’t put the ball on the ground in this league if you’re going to win. You can have 2000 yards but what good are they if you’re turning the ball over. That’s the point I’m trying to make
WRs are human, drops are going to happen. You are ridiculous to say otherwise. Yes, WRs need to be reliable but they don't have to be perfect.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
WRs are human, drops are going to happen. You are ridiculous to say otherwise. Yes, WRs need to be reliable but they don't have to be perfect.
Eight drops A league record. Yeah that’s a little much don’t you think. Yup that’s just human I get it. I wonder why we pay them so much.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The OP is an idiot. You defending him puts you in doubt as well. It's just that simple. Read through this thread and see the ridiculous things said by him if they haven't already been deleted by the mods.
Oh excuse me Mr. perfect. Obviously you don’t know what the word means.And I’m not defending anyways. So you’re wrong again. Now go cry and put me back on ignore. Because you can’t handle your own battles I don’t know what your problem is you can’t have an intelligent conversation. When someone disagrees with you if you get bent out of shape. That’s why it’s laughable

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
CeeDee should only get better with a healthier OL and a healthy Dak.
He's barely gotten his feet wet and should really shine in 2021.:thumbup:
I think he is a super star in the making. But I’m not going to anoint him his first season. Especially with eight drops. But that’s just trying to do too much I believe