What’s wrong with our D?

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
He’s not being funny and there’s nothing funny about his statement ...... this D is garbage right now. The rush got better in the 2nd half but there are a ton of things to be concerned with right now.

I agree, laughing because he was telling the truth. That laughing to keep from crying my man. I know the real deal with this D. The Bucs have held Barkley now to 10 yards on 10 carries. After 10 against us he was near a 100.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
LB’ers haven’t made any plays the first three games. Not sure what they’re doing out there. I’d love to see if Kuechly is available should the Panthers continue to suck.

Here in NC, Luke is the face of the panthers moreso than Cam. They would let you have Cam before letting him go. We love to have him though.

DanA

Reaction score
Last season Dallas was 6th worst in allowing 3rd down conversions. So far this season the Cowboys are 4th best at stopping them.

A noticeable improvement, ignored by guys/gals who throw a fit every time the opponent completes a pass.

Rosen, Keenan and Manning without his top 2 WR’s....I’ll wait for more data on that.

DanA

Reaction score
LB’ers haven’t made any plays the first three games. Not sure what they’re doing out there. I’d love to see if Kuechly is available should the Panthers continue to suck.

Jaylon got 10 tackles and a forced fumble. I’d call that a decent day.

SlwSVT

Reaction score
D scheme is garbage. Cannot rush 4 and then allow the receivers to get off the line of scrimmage completely free. Got to get up in their face and jam them. That will help the D line so much.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Can’t figure this out. Same players pretty much that made us top 5 or 10 last year.

LVE covered up a lot of mistake from his MLBer position last year....then we played the Saints....moved him to the strong side to man up vs Kamara...and we haven't been the same defense since.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Dline sucks. It starts there

Yup....not only not enough talent...But Marinelli has no clue when to put his best rushers in the game. D-Law and Quinn might have been on the field together maybe a couple times in 3rd and long.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
D scheme is garbage. Cannot rush 4 and then allow the receivers to get off the line of scrimmage completely free. Got to get up in their face and jam them. That will help the D line so much.

The Bend But Dont Break can be frustrating to watch.

Its basically a 4-2-5 with a mixture of off-man/press and man/zone coverage.

its designed to make teams drive the ball in order to score a TD.

Force them into mistakes. Make them kick FGs.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Yup....not only not enough talent...But Marinelli has no clue when to put his best rushers in the game. D-Law and Quinn might have been on the field together maybe a couple times in 3rd and long.

One of the things I hate about the BBDB.

The DLine rotatoin.

Since the BBDB relies on the 4 DL for pressure, Coach Rod likes to rotate them out. Keep them fresh.

I know.

Dumb.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
One of the things I hate about the BBDB.

The DLine rotatoin.

Since the BBDB relies on the 4 DL for pressure, Coach Rod likes to rotate them out. Keep them fresh.

I know.

Dumb.

Nothing wrong about having a rotation.....it's his personel matchups. On 2nd/3rd and long...how many sacks do you expect... if your lineup looks like this?

LDE-Hyder
DT-Jackson
NT-Covington
RDE-Armstrong?