What’s wrong with our D?

pitt33

Reaction score
Same as it has been for years. No pressure and no turnovers. Every against bad teams
The lack of turnovers has been a staple of this team for years. No pressure up the middle and not having a ball hawking safety are the reasons why. This will not change with this defensive regime.

VABoyz

Reaction score
THE thing is that nobody on the defense is playing dominant up to this point...this D was way more smothering last season and I think most of us expected for it to pick up...a few players need to step up or shootouts will be on deck regularly against better qbs and offenses.. hopefully in Time they'll start honing in a lil better..just game 3 so I'll start freaking out if nothing changes by like week 6 or so.

pitt33

Reaction score
I feel that the biggest issue for the defense is the lack of pressure from the interior DL. There were several DTs available in FA including Suh, McCoy, Daniels, and Richardson. I wish that they would stop with the dollar store shopping for DTs.

I know that they drafted Hill. Rookies don't generally start though unless they are straight studs.
Like assigned to you.

windjc

Reaction score
The D wasn't playing great the first 3 games of the season last year. But, the truth is they are playing good, they just aren't dominant like the offense. And fans on this board aren't happy unless Dallas is completely dominant.

reddyuta

Reaction score
THE thing is that nobody on the defense is playing dominant up to this point...this D was way more smothering last season and I think most of us expected for it to pick up...a few players need to step up or shootouts will be on deck regularly against better qbs and offenses.. hopefully in Time they'll start honing in a lil better..just game 3 so I'll start freaking out if nothing changes by like week 6 or so.

its kinda sad that the best player on D was the guy who was playing his first game because of suspension.

9of11

Reaction score
We switched our Offensive Coordinator, we needed to switch our Defensive Coordinator too...No improvement in our D this year from last year or the year before...We still play down and unmotivated against weaker teams....we're just don't have the right coach in charge.....meanwhile, the Pats are going to win their 7th SB...

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The D wasn't playing great the first 3 games of the season last year. But, the truth is they are playing good, they just aren't dominant like the offense. And fans on this board aren't happy unless Dallas is completely dominant.

This.

They want complete domination on both sides of the ball and that rarely happens.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know this is going to come as a shock to many, but i've been saying this all offseason. We have a bottom 5 defensive line with DLAW being the only impact player. When he's not pressuring the QB, this defense will struggle. Marinelli needs to dial up more blitzes. I think he sat back in zone today believing Josh Rosen couldn't beat him.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know this is going to come as a shock to many, but i've been saying this all offseason. We have a bottom 5 defensive line with DLAW being the only impact player. When he's not pressuring the QB, this defense will struggle. Marinelli needs to dial up more blitzes. I think he sat back in zone today believing Josh Rosen couldn't beat him.

May need to blitz more.

But today his approach did work. Rosen had a completion percentage of less than 50% and only had 200 yards passing.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
I'll take allowing 6 points every week.

If you adjust for garbage time TDs in both the Giants and Skins game they allowed 10, 14, and 6 points in the last three games.... I can deal with that all year long. With that said, there is definitely room for improvement, especially with the pass rush.

D4KADON

Reaction score
This is the NFL and had a 180 pulled on them when Rosen was named starter and only gave up 6 points. Why are we complaining?

I thought the offense look worse today but silly mistakes were made on both sides of the ball. Nothing to panic or lose sleep over.