What’s your opinion on what Greg Olsen said about “taking the foot off the gas” in the fourth quarter?

plasticman

Reaction score
What exactly does that mean?

Play less aggressively?

Replace all starters with backups as if any team has that depth?

Only call plays that typically result in minimum yardage?

Take a knee on every play in the 4th quarter?

I contend that a team has a better chance of running up the score with backups. They are eager to show what they can do and will play 100% whereas the starters will naturally back off. The only reason the starters are replaced is because the team doesn't want to risk unnecessary injury. It's not mercy.

Every team has their best interests in mind. The veterans are safe and resting. The backups are obtaining valuable experience.

If anything, "running up" the score provides a clear indication to the opponents of just how much they need to improve, it doesn't hide any inadequacies through inferior competition.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I'm still miffed at his comments in the Eagles game, flat out saying he
felt Dallas should move with more urgency so they score fast and the
Eagles can get the ball back at the end... just crazy stuff.

Hurry up and score so your opponent can get the ball back???

Party Animal Greg from The 'U'.
Rumor has it, he was the craziest Hurricane ever.
I was a fan of his while he played there because they are my favorite college team. But these days when he's calling our games I just put Babe & Brad on the radio and mute the game.

sacase

Reaction score
I had no issue cause they put rush in and we still walked down and scored. only so many backups to play at that point. I felt bad for the giants cause you could see there was no fight left. Not even pride.

cowboyed

Reaction score
I disagree. And it’s not Bc it’s a rival and there’s no love lost. It’s Bc it’s still a fake and our guys wanna play. We want rush to get chemistry with his guys. We wanna see bass.

We also want to get guys some stats for their careers.

and also I think it’s safer for our offense to keep the ball and let the clock wind down rather than have our defense out there having to chase the giants around who will be throwing it around.

It’s really not that serious . And honestly the giants should apologize to us for not giving us a good challenge
If Biadasz keeps uncontrollably farting while snapping the ball then how can one blame Dak for keeping one foot on the gas hole especially in the 4th quarter. Greg Olsen's assessment stinks!

RonWashington

Reaction score
What it “ means “ is at 49-10 flinging into the end zone from around mid field proves what ? Run the ball get Deuce some touches burn clock .

CCBoy

Reaction score
As to the OP...he can rest his eyeball filings. This team still has dignity as to accountability for respect. It may not have won all playoff games, but they have still been there a lot and and played with ethics as a team.