What’s your opinion on what Greg Olsen said about “taking the foot off the gas” in the fourth quarter?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is a certain wisdom to killing the clock and getting out of the game as healthy as possible.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
If you don't like when the opposing team scores on you, all you have to do is stop them. Since that's the entire idea of the game of football, Olsen can shut his virtue signaling piehole.
That and also I like a good old fashioned vulgar t shirt from a rival ya know. Let’s go

Reactions: G2

CCBoy

Reaction score
It's like the entire NFL world has gone entire Piranha stat mode, all players want to elevate stats vs inferior opponents.
The clamor was that Dallas was soft...reporters on record once developed a picture of struggle and intensity developing behind paths and even individual games.

I like hearing the team elements a whole lot more than justification on predictions for their own perspective instead of the teams involved. Just who again was crying for any game played by Dallas?

Doomsday77

Reaction score
You would have been fine ending your question with "....Olsen." Answer- My opinion is he needs to focus on his next line of work.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Looks like Olsen has been hit in the forehead a couple of times for his comments. One more might help or hurt him badly. :D

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Anyone know what our record is this season when Kevin Burkhart and Greg Olsen do our games?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
There was a time when we lost a starting CB and a safety would be the plug and play.
Depth at the CB position is a blessing.

ArmChairGM

Reaction score
While somewhat useful it isn't high on the list of priorities to see the backups all together in a game. What does it tell you to see them as a group when they will never play that way unless the entire starting 11 goes down? They see the backups every day in practice. They see the backups throughout the preseason. They sprinkle the backups in throughout the game, throughout the year. If your point is Rush he played last year and we know what he can and can't do. If it isn't a blow out you don't see them any way. It seems more a thing for fans to worry/wonder about
Not true. They get graded on how they do against their individual matchups. It allows the coaches to see who's making progress and who isn't.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Not true. They get graded on how they do against their individual matchups. It allows the coaches to see who's making progress and who isn't.
They see that every day in practice. Again, using Rush as an example, It doesn't matter how he does throwing to Brooks because if he is needed in the game he is going to be throwing to CeeDee. And when he did throw to CeeDee before he got his 150 yards, the Giants were expecting run because it was a blow out and I don't think they thought for a second that Dallas would throw a pass when the most important thing was running out the clock and not getting injuries

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I disagree. And it’s not Bc it’s a rival and there’s no love lost. It’s Bc it’s still a fake and our guys wanna play. We want rush to get chemistry with his guys. We wanna see bass.

We also want to get guys some stats for their careers.

and also I think it’s safer for our offense to keep the ball and let the clock wind down rather than have our defense out there having to chase the giants around who will be throwing it around.

It’s really not that serious . And honestly the giants should apologize to us for not giving us a good challenge
I think putting in backups is taking your foot off the gas. To say otherwise is silly. We sat all the starters we could on offense after getting Lamb the record. That's all any team should expect from an opponent. Only in this generation of football would taking your foot off the gas mean you have to do three running plays and a punt because you have a big lead.

Big_D

Reaction score
I think putting in backups is taking your foot off the gas. To say otherwise is silly. We sat all the starters we could on offense after getting Lamb the record. That's all any team should expect from an opponent. Only in this generation of football would taking your foot off the gas mean you have to do three running plays and a punt because you have a big lead.

While the other team is doing everything to score, even burning their timeouts late in the game. You don't take your foot off the gas.. period. Pulling your starters is the only courtesy you can ask for in that situation.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
They see that every day in practice. Again, using Rush as an example, It doesn't matter how he does throwing to Brooks because if he is needed in the game he is going to be throwing to CeeDee. And when he did throw to CeeDee before he got his 150 yards, the Giants were expecting run because it was a blow out and I don't think they thought for a second that Dallas would throw a pass when the most important thing was running out the clock and not getting injuries
So are you making excuses for Cee Dee Breaking Records ????? Typical !

RoboQB

Reaction score
I'm still miffed at his comments in the Eagles game, flat out saying he
felt Dallas should move with more urgency so they score fast and the
Eagles can get the ball back at the end... just crazy stuff.

Hurry up and score so your opponent can get the ball back???

Party Animal Greg from The 'U'.
Rumor has it, he was the craziest Hurricane ever.

CWR

Reaction score
I disagree. And it’s not Bc it’s a rival and there’s no love lost. It’s Bc it’s still a fake and our guys wanna play. We want rush to get chemistry with his guys. We wanna see bass.

We also want to get guys some stats for their careers.

and also I think it’s safer for our offense to keep the ball and let the clock wind down rather than have our defense out there having to chase the giants around who will be throwing it around.

It’s really not that serious . And honestly the giants should apologize to us for not giving us a good challenge

Yeah its a good way for backups and depth players to get some valuable reps. Why take that from them? If the Giants D can't hold our second team offense it's on them.

vlad

Reaction score
the great Jimmy Johnson said something like:

if they agree to stop trying to score them so will we. Until then we’re going to try to score.

Havic

Reaction score
Back ups have something to prove and some who are on the roster now could be replaced for someone else the following week.

Big_D

Reaction score
If the shoe was on the other foot and the Cowboys were getting trounced, I'm certainly not hoping that the other team 'takes it easy' out of pity. It's sad and pathetic. This beating is on the Giants, it's not up to the Cowboys to make them feel better about the situation.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Heaving it into the end zone at 49-10 was a bit of a mystery . But DaBoll burning his time outs after the 2 min warning so they could get a meaningless score was I don’t know , this entire game was over at halftime .

RonWashington

Reaction score
The Giants look worst than the Judge Joe days it’s hilarious . Garbage . Evan Neal is certainly a bust Jones is who knows next yr Barkley will be gone the receiving corp stinks and the D looks like it’s quit on Wink . Oh well