What a difference between this coaching staff and the prior regime?

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
And the fact that Jason had to work his way through cap hades? Did he get a pass for that?

What about two seasons, 2015 and 2016, in which he lost his starting quarterback for most of the season?

What was Jason criticized the most for? Wasn't it game management? Questionable decisions?

I thought the bar was set at "no excuses".

McCarthy's first 22 games: 11-11
Garrett's first 22 games 13-9
Garrett's last 22 games: 13-9

Don't get me wrong, that was never the standard and that is why Garrett was fired. I'm just trying to be fair and , in all fairness, this present coaching staff has accomplished nothing that Garrett didn't accomp0lish at points in his tenure. All the Cowboys have for now is potential. We've been there.
This kinda ignores the fact we had no qb for 3 quarters of last season.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
He is Garrett’s mother and @MikeB80 is his father

These 2 still believe Garrett is a great OC and HC

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::lmao:
I was a Garrett fan until I watched the Patriots game. Garrett would have blown that game with conservative play calling. He would have ran Zeke into a brick wall. As much as I think Rush is a bum, I think the coaches would come up with a plan for the Cowboys to win without Dak.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
What a difference between this coaching staff and the prior regime. Garrett would have told the world if Dak was starting or not, just to give a fair shot to our opponents :rolleyes:. I hated that about Garrett, but I love this about our coaching staff now. Why's disclose anything that isn't required by the leauge? Even Jerry and Stephen aren't saying much on the radio anymore. What a change we're starting to see. I like it.
I like the fact they don't go public with info, I just wish they would phone me and tell me stuff. I can keep secrets.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
And the fact that Jason had to work his way through cap hades? Did he get a pass for that?

What about two seasons, 2015 and 2016, in which he lost his starting quarterback for most of the season?

What was Jason criticized the most for? Wasn't it game management? Questionable decisions?

Don't get me wrong, that was never the standard and that is why Garrett was fired. I'm just trying to be fair and , in all fairness, this present coaching staff has accomplished nothing that Garrett didn't accomp0lish at points in his tenure. All the Cowboys have for now is potential. We've been there.

Yes, let's play the comparison game.

Campo:

2000 - 5-11
2001 - 5-11
2002 - 5-11

Garrett :

2011 - 8-8
2012 - 8-8
2013 - 8-8

What was the real difference in these two teams? Campo had a broken down Aikman on his last year and two years of Quincy Carter.

Romo was starting for Garrett. Think that would have been worth three wins a season?

BermyStar

Reaction score
You are preaching to the choir, buddy. I don't think there is even one poster here that prefers the Jason Garrett regime to what McCarthy is getting done with this team right now.
I miss the clapping...least of all lol

Reactions: BAT

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What a difference between this coaching staff and the prior regime. Garrett would have told the world if Dak was starting or not, just to give a fair shot to our opponents :rolleyes:. I hated that about Garrett, but I love this about our coaching staff now. Why's disclose anything that isn't required by the leauge? Even Jerry and Stephen aren't saying much on the radio anymore. What a change we're starting to see. I like it.
Very simple. They know how to prepare

Reactions: BAT

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you wake up at night sometimes dreaming about your hero?

Have you struggled at times feeling the pain of his failures in NY? Players screaming at Garrett because his offense is boring and it doesn't go deep enough?

Or do you visit the Giants board telling them all that the great Garrett is just a victim of not enough talent like you did here?

No. I’ll quality questions, though.

You might might want to go back and familiarize yourself with what I actually said here, though. Because it was all perfectly reasonable, and mostly turned out to be completely accurate. It’s sometimes fun to mischaracterize things on purpose, though, right?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Shouldn’t you love birds be on a Giants message board ?

:lmao:

This one wasn’t as good as the last one where you called me “Garrett’s mom” in the first place. I’m a little disappointed.

But I guess they can’t all be intellectual gems, can they? Even if you did take several hours to squeeze it out. I was thinking maybe you’d go for a breastfeeding joke. Or something else really funny and classy. But keep working on it.

visionary

Reaction score
This one wasn’t as good as the last one where you called me “Garrett’s mom” in the first place. I’m a little disappointed.

But I guess they can’t all be intellectual gems, can they? Even if you did take several hours to squeeze it out. I was thinking maybe you’d go for a breastfeeding joke. Or something else really funny and classy. But keep working on it.

just paying it forward for the garbage you put CZ members through for 10+ years blindly defending a pathetic HC

MyFairLady

Reaction score
The biggest difference is that the team is much younger, much hungrier, and the snap counts are not being dictated by Jerry.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
I don’t think McCarthy is a special coach, if that’s the question. Moore’s a special OC, and Quinn is better DC than any we’ve had since Zimmer. Kudos to McCarthy for assembling a really good staff.

for everyone wanting moore. this is what it is to be a good head coach. it’s about motivation of men and building a good staff. i look at moore and while i think he could lead men to some extent. i look at him and am like who would he get to build a staff. he’s only coached at dallas never anywhere else. he comes from garrett and mccarthy tree. who would he keep and let go. i prefer big mac as HC and let Moore be good at what he’s good at.

MMObserver

Reaction score

Mike McCarthy's biggest attribute as a head coach is that he is the embodiment of anti-drama. As an outsider looking in on a very talented Cowboys' team, that is perhaps what was needed most.

He does NOT have a big ego, he does NOT create drama, and he does a very good job of MINIMIZING distractions.

Mac's players genuinely appreciate that about him.

Now, when it comes to creative offensive schemes or selecting defensive coordinators ... well maybe Cowboy fans should be thankful that they have a front office that (1) ensured Kellen Moore was the OC and (2) fired Mac's buddy Nolan and forced a competent DC in Quinn upon him.

As for the buffoonish in-game decision-making, well good luck with that.

blueblood70

Reaction score
  • more aggressive take the good with the bad i like it..
  • better in game adjusts especially from the 1st half to the second.
  • seems better prepared meaning we come out from the kickoff looking focused and ready to play, less slow starts.
  • better use of scheme to fit players vs forcing players to fit scheme

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score

Sorry, but the Pox That Shall Not Be Named was a greater hindrance than anything JG had to put up with. No practice plus the bonus of a brand new defense? What could go wrong?

I understand desire of wanting fairness. There was nothing fair about 2020.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
just paying it forward for the garbage you put CZ members through for 10+ years blindly defending a pathetic HC

Well, since you couldn’t hold your own in the actual discussions all those years, I suppose this is as good a way as any for trying to e we irk out your frustration. It's a good thing for you you’re so quick with an insult!

Enjoy the season. I’m here if you’re ever interested in an actual football discussion at some point.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
for everyone wanting moore. this is what it is to be a good head coach. it’s about motivation of men and building a good staff. i look at moore and while i think he could lead men to some extent. i look at him and am like who would he get to build a staff. he’s only coached at dallas never anywhere else. he comes from garrett and mccarthy tree. who would he keep and let go. i prefer big mac as HC and let Moore be good at what he’s good at.

I’m with you 100% on the importance of a good staff.

McCarthy is a solid coach. He lucked into Moore, though, which is fine. Lots of good coaches in the league, do every team is going to have some. Sometimes you're lucky and sometimes you’re good. Quinn was a very good hire.

But I don’t think McCarthy is special. I was not impressed with the job he did last year at all, for example. And I don’t think it’s a great sign that the Packers got better when he left.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No. I’ll quality questions, though.

You might might want to go back and familiarize yourself with what I actually said here, though. Because it was all perfectly reasonable, and mostly turned out to be completely accurate. It’s sometimes fun to mischaracterize things on purpose, though, right?

You are the poster child for being completely dead wrong about Garrett. And everyone knows it. Never actually seen a guy go into hiding for as long as you did. Embarrassing actually.

And then to come around here and lie about it all and expect all of us to forget or believe you is about as laughable as it gets.