What a difference between this coaching staff and the prior regime?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Idgit you are being a good sport!

I try to consider the source. visionary, CowboyRoy, stilltheguru,…the important thing is they all try really hard.

If nobody really cares what they think about football, at least we can have some fun with what they think about their catnip.

And by that, I mean me. I’m their catnip.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I try to consider the source. visionary, CowboyRoy, stilltheguru,…the important thing is they all try really hard.

If nobody really cares what they think about football, at least we can have some fun with what they think about their catnip.

And by that, I mean me. I’m their catnip.
They are a special kind of special if you catch my drift.

droopdog7

Reaction score
We’ll find out whether any of the differences matter in the playoffs. Until then, we’ve been here before.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
What a difference between this coaching staff and the prior regime. Garrett would have told the world if Dak was starting or not, just to give a fair shot to our opponents :rolleyes:. I hated that about Garrett, but I love this about our coaching staff now. Why's disclose anything that isn't required by the leauge? Even Jerry and Stephen aren't saying much on the radio anymore. What a change we're starting to see. I like it.

It's a new chapter on the Cowboy book...the ending will surprise us.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JG adjustments in game never happened. 10 years... The Atlanta game will forever bug me when he allowed our QB to be beat down. F JG.

It is nice to have professional, creative adults in the room running the show.

I was just thinking of that game. And the epic failure of coaching to do anything to adjust. Any normal organization would have fired a head coach after that game.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
And the fact that Jason had to work his way through cap hades? Did he get a pass for that?

What about two seasons, 2015 and 2016, in which he lost his starting quarterback for most of the season?

What was Jason criticized the most for? Wasn't it game management? Questionable decisions?

I thought the bar was set at "no excuses".

McCarthy's first 22 games: 11-11
Garrett's first 22 games 13-9
Garrett's last 22 games: 13-9

Don't get me wrong, that was never the standard and that is why Garrett was fired. I'm just trying to be fair and , in all fairness, this present coaching staff has accomplished nothing that Garrett didn't accomp0lish at points in his tenure. All the Cowboys have for now is potential. We've been there.

Cmon.... this team is day and night better than 07, 14, and 16. I can just feel it in my bones.....bahahahahahhahahahah

Yes, be fair, thats all. No excuses fro JG, but MM hasnt done ANYTHING that Jason didnt do as well. Hopefully, that changes this year.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Sure but, it's Quinn vs Nolan that's the big difference right now.

Many of us knew that Quinn was the key to this season and he is delivering thus far.
where was quinn for the Falcons in 2019???????

mrmojo

Reaction score
I thought that Idgit guy went to NY with the Red Headed Genius.....haven't heard him on this forum in a couple of years.....must be finally out of mourning.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought that Idgit guy went to NY with the Red Headed Genius.....haven't heard him on this forum in a couple of years.....must be finally out of mourning.

Or…you’re in that group that’s just not all that perceptive but wants some attention. Consider yourself hugged.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Or…you’re in that group that’s just not all that perceptive but wants some attention. Consider yourself hugged.
Nope Im good....just posting on a forum my observations which I believe is allowed...

plasticman

Reaction score
Last year’s Covid offseason? That one?

What we also won’t “forget” are the people who made excuses for Garrett for 10 years while they criticized McCarthy after 1. We won’t “forget” that either.
Covid wasn't unique to the Cowboys. No team had a training camp. They weren't the only team to have a new coach. Besides, I thought the new mantra after Garrett left was "no excuses".

What was one of the greatest reasons given for Garrett's release? Wasn't it game time decisions?

And where did I even criticize McCarthy in my original post? I was pointing out that, despite all the accolades about how great this team is, they haven't done anything yet. They haven't even gotten to their December games yet.

I'm not defending Garrett either. I'm just saying that, at this point, been there done that. This team is special if it can make it to the NFC championship game. If not, then it's just more of the same.

Big_D

Reaction score
Covid wasn't unique to the Cowboys. No team had a training camp. They weren't the only team to have a new coach. Besides, I thought the new mantra after Garrett left was "no excuses".

What was one of the greatest reasons given for Garrett's release? Wasn't it game time decisions?

And where did I even criticize McCarthy in my original post? I was pointing out that, despite all the accolades about how great this team is, they haven't done anything yet. They haven't even gotten to their December games yet.

I'm not defending Garrett either. I'm just saying that, at this point, been there done that. This team is special if it can make it to the NFC championship game. If not, then it's just more of the same.

Wasn;t just covid. New regime, injuries through the roof, a team with no depth and a defense that wasn't very good to begin with. We've been here? Garrett handling the amount of injuries this team has seen? He was garbage. No we have not been here. But I love how this coach gets 2 seasons to get them to a championship game. lol Somewhere they haven't been since 95.

plasticman

Reaction score
Wasn;t just covid. New regime, injuries through the roof, a team with no depth and a defense that wasn't very good to begin with. We've been here? Garrett handling the amount of injuries this team has seen? He was garbage. No we have not been here. But I love how this coach gets 2 seasons to get them to a championship game. lol Somewhere they haven't been since 95.
Nobody is giving him two seasons to get to the Super Bowl. All that I have ever said is that he hasn't gotten the Cowboys to the Super Bowl YET.

Therefore, let's put the breaks on the coronation and comparisons until he does and while he hasn't, it is what it is. What I thought it was supposed to be, was "No Excuses"

Big_D

Reaction score
Nobody is giving him two seasons to get to the Super Bowl. All that I have ever said is that he hasn't gotten the Cowboys to the Super Bowl YET.

Therefore, let's put the breaks on the coronation and comparisons until he does and while he hasn't, it is what it is. What I thought it was supposed to be, was "No Excuses"

So you don't see a difference in talent? level of competition? preparation? adjustments? approach? handling injuries? Confidence? None of it. It's night and day compared to the Garrett era. Who says no excuses? Seems ridiculous. You still have to give the guy a legit window to develop what wasn't here before. A team capable of winning more than a wildcard game after a decade.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Garrett NEVER had to deal with anything close to last year. You know it, I know it.

One of MANY.

I guess it was the part where his record was posted. Different from what you’re saying here.

I'm not defending Garrett either.

It sure seems like you’re trying.

I'm just saying that, at this point, been there done that. This team is special if it can make it to the NFC championship game. If not, then it's just more of the same.

I see more than that, regardless of the final outcome. A very good team is being built here. For this season and barring a mass exodus, several more.

Be honest and admit that the team is in better hands than it ever was under Garrett.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
What a difference between this coaching staff and the prior regime. Garrett would have told the world if Dak was starting or not, just to give a fair shot to our opponents :rolleyes:. I hated that about Garrett, but I love this about our coaching staff now. Why's disclose anything that isn't required by the leauge? Even Jerry and Stephen aren't saying much on the radio anymore. What a change we're starting to see. I like it.

yep,
it all boils down to Big M changing the culture.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Mike Nolan says hello.

He was almost as much a disaster as the "pox".

As it related to the Cowboys.

Nolan tried in institute a brand new defense knowing there would be only walk throughs and computer simulations. Why? Because of the P. T. S. N. B. N. We will never know what Nolan could do with a full offseason installation. In the end, it worked out with new coaches.

kskboys

Reaction score

You don't think we should compare coaches and players and such? On a message board? For Bog's sake, why not?

The preparation, calls, approach, everything is different. Why in the world are we not supposed to notice it?