What a loss to Wash could mean

Diehardblues

Reaction score
A good point that I would agree with fur the most part. But I think firing a head coach to keep an assistant would be the nail in the coffin. When they did something similar with Wade and Garrett, the team had collapsed and quit on him. That hasn’t been close to happening with McCarthy.
It hadn’t yet. And why I opened with , depends on how it unfolds and finishes.

fredp22

Reaction score
A dumpster fire doesn’t mean season ending as I stated in OP.

if Jerry kept Garrett for 10 years no way MM has anything to worry about because of 1 mid-season loss. As far as the media-the media in Dallas is as soft as they get. The NY media ate up Garrett and made sure he was gone. Dallas media put up with Garrett 10 years rarely doing anything

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Understood but that’s we often do in a fan forum and social media. We discuss different sometimes bizarre scenarios and offer critical thinking . It’s not for everyone . Thanks for your contribution Coach!
I respect that

Jipper

Reaction score
That’s basically been the reaction from my closer Cowboy friends here. That a loss would scream we aren’t contenders.

100 percent agree...it would be a tough pill to swallow but if that is the case I'd rather find out now than in a month

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Depends how it plays out and the public pressure and scrutiny.

CC earlier this year , with all of the Moore talk about him leaving , provided a scenario I hadn’t considered in which we might release MM for another opportunity to retain either of our highly acclaimed Coordinators.

CC’s contention was this isn’t really an ideal place for MM under this ownership . That he was looking for a place to rebound generating more interest for him.

But to answer your question if this season collapses and even if we barely make playoffs and lose out in 1st round I could see us parting ways with MM. I really don’t think paying off his contract would be of concern especially if it meant retaining either of our Coordinators and one for HC.

MM was brought in to take this core of talent to the next level. And if he doesn’t look like the guy at the end of this season along with threat of losing Moore and or Quinn, I’d say yes.
It would be par for the course to see Jerry fire McCarthy so as not to lose a coordinator. Flat line as usual.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
I have to agree that the timing is a little curious with the division title not necessarily on the line. A full compliment of players on both sides of the ball would suggest he feels really good about this game but he might have saved that for the home game against them. It's not like we have some kind of home field advantage there.

Full compliment of what ? Dak still isn’t right and won’t run with the ball, Pollard has torn fascia in foot, Zeke has been a shell with his knee injury. Our defensive Super Star was subject of discussion earlier in the week as to whether he would play Sunday. They felt so good about running back situation they signed an additional rb this week. Cooper is still dealing with effects of his decision making prowess. And we still have LVE starting for us…lol.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Jerry's not firing MM with 3 years left on his contract........just not. Hell, think about this for a second, he refused to Garrett with one year left, instead he let him coach a lame-duck year when everyone in the universe knew he wasn't coming back after 2019. I do agree this is all calculated by MM. As stated in another thread, my guess is he saw something in this team last week sitting at home he didn't like. Whether lack confidence, intensity, or leadership, he decided to take the bull by the horn, and results be damned, good or bad.

I glad he finally saw something because I think the rest of us have been seeing something for over a month now

CWR

Reaction score
Could mean nothing, could mean we are in the process of self destructing. Sooner or later we have to start our run. It can begin with the Giants, or it can start now.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Loss to WAS would be bad, very bad. Don’t see much happening this year if they don’t turn the ship around now, especially with all the bravado they’re throwing at the media. Either walk the walk or step aside.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I feel this is a must win game as well.
We can lose out and still get a wild card seed with the right combination of wins or losses by the other teams. But who wants to go to Green Bay in the first round? I'd rather we control our own destiny somewhat by winning as much as possible these last 5 games of the regular season. We could still luck out by getting the 1 seed.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
NFL doesn’t want our division wrapped up this quickly.

I expect refs to play a big role in tomorrow’s game. Expect a lot of calls against us early.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
A loss to Washington means the Cowboys aren’t going far if they do make the playoffs and Washington will probably win the NFC East. They lost their starting QB early in the season and are without their two best defensive players. Plus they’re starting TE will be out. Despite being depleted they’re currently playing their best football of the season. They’re a very gritty team that doesn’t quit. With the players we’re getting back and with the players they’ve lost if we can’t beat them we’re not a legit contender. The Cowboys had a four game lead on Washington a few weeks ago and if they allow them to creep within one game tomorrow they’re in serious trouble! December has arrived it’s now or never time.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
if Jerry kept Garrett for 10 years no way MM has anything to worry about because of 1 mid-season loss. As far as the media-the media in Dallas is as soft as they get. The NY media ate up Garrett and made sure he was gone. Dallas media put up with Garrett 10 years rarely doing anything
I’m not just talking about this loss . But about what this loss could lead to pending results of the season.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
After losing 3 of the last 5 games, I'm not fond of guaranteeing wins.

ESisback

Reaction score
WFT Refs will make sure the Divisional race stays close. :popcorn:
However, if we are a true contender we will defeat the WFT, the Refs and the NFL FO. :thumbdown:

It all starts Sunday, the road to the SB, no detours. :thumbup: :star:

We have to be TRULY formidable, because we not only have to overcome an opponent, but other factors:
1)Every opponents seems to maximize their effort (bring their A game) against Dallas.
2)We have to overcome refs. Not the NUMBER of flags as much as the oddly “perfect” timing.

I look at what benefit$ the league most. A Dallas blowout seems least likely, because a lot of viewers would tune out in the second half, plus the rematch on the 26th would lose its appeal for a HUGE demo…ABD’s. A narrow Dallas win would retain viewers for tomorrow’s game, but not the 26th. A narrow WFT win would bring ratings tomorrow, excite the ABD’s and guarantee a ratings bonanza on 12/26, and give the TV “journalists” a week’s worth of high drama to milk. A WFT blowout would be so unbelievable it would hurt their credibility, even among the brainwashed sheeple.

So which scenario seems most likely?