What actor or actress automatically ruins a movie for you?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was awesome. I really don't think anyone could have done a better job as Willy Wonka.

Agreed.

Gene Wilder was a great actor IMO.

"Willy Wonka"... Awesome movie.

I'm still surprised on poorly the movie did in its original run... I was one of the few kids in the theater during one of the early days of its opening.

I think it was perceived as being "too dark" for a kids film.

It wasn't like one of the Disney films of that era.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
He was awesome. I really don't think anyone could have done a better job as Willy Wonka.
I actually like both version of Willy Wonka. The new version was it's own spin and while I don't really like Johnny Depp either, he like Tom Cruise is a great actor.

Gene Wilder was such an incredible actor though. Pairing him with Richard Prior was comedy gold.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Did watch either as I'm just not a big fan of his. Actually, I was forward to watch newsman or whatever it was called and I couldn't get through it.
Hated Step Brothers, but Elf had some funny moments, at least. I doubt I'll ever watch it again, but it wasn't too bad.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Agreed.

Gene Wilder was a great actor IMO.

"Willy Wonka"... Awesome movie.

I'm still surprised on poorly the movie did in its original run... I was one of the few kids in the theater during one of the early days of its opening.

I think it was perceived as being "too dark" for a kids film.

It wasn't like one of the Disney films of that era.
The boat ride was pretty dark, and a few other things, but Wilder was absolutely magical. I saw it in the theater as a kid too, and loved it. I don't remember noticing a shortage of kids in the theater, but maybe.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The boat ride was pretty dark, and a few other things, but Wilder was absolutely magical. I saw it in the theater as a kid too, and loved it. I don't remember noticing a shortage of kids in the theater, but maybe.

It was magical. A kid's dream– Winning an entire chocolate factory with oompa loompas as your employees? lol

It wasn't a success theatrically.

It only started picking up steam when they started showing it on TV.

Sorta like "A Christmas Story"... Another movie I went too, and was one of the only few in audience.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It was magical. A kid's dream– Winning an entire chocolate factory with oompa loompas as your employees? lol

It wasn't a success theatrically.

It only started picking up steam when they started showing it on TV.

Sorta like "A Christmas Story"... Another movie I went too, and was one of the only few in audience.
Cult classic....yet The Rocky Horror Picture Show was somehow huge in theaters, even in the beginning. I don't know how it became an audience participation event so fast.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cult classic....yet The Rocky Horror Picture Show was somehow huge in theaters, even in the beginning. I don't know how it became an audience participation event so fast.

Didn't get to RHPS until late... Must of been around '79.

What a circus! lol

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Didn't get to RHPS until late... Must of been around '79.

What a circus! lol
I think I around the same time, but I'm fairly sure it was like that almost from the start. I mean it had to be, because it really isn't a good movie without the audience participation. Lol

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Steven Seagal, especially since he did that weird thing to his hair and are you telling me after making all of this movies using the same moves, those bad guys haven't figured out what he's doing? He's a lazy martial arts fighter and could do it eating a sammich with the other hand. And by the look of his physique now, he's upped it to the 12" Subway.
The only one I really like he did was out for justice.

jnday

Reaction score
Is everybody ok with the Rock, Dewanye Johnson? He is in everything now and he plays himself time after time. I don’t think he is capable of transforming into another character which is the main job of an actor.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is everybody ok with the Rock, Dewanye Johnson? He is in everything now and he plays himself time after time. I don’t think he is capable of transforming into another character which is the main job of an actor.

I like him, despite his limitations.