What are Cowboys going to do with Extra Cap Space?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It's obvious you don't look at contracts or know the rules. Diggs will get an extension after this year, his 3rd year. It can me a billion dollars. But he's playing for 1.4M in 2023. End of story. You can continue to deny this, or you can actually look at the contracts.

You keep trying to twist and turn everything you say once you get caught. lol You did the same thing the other day when we were talking QB salaries.

Flamma

Reaction score
You keep trying to twist and turn everything you say once you get caught. lol You did the same thing the other day when we were talking QB salaries.

I'm an adult so I won't outwardly say what I want to say. If my last post doesn't do it, then there's no helping you.

Flamma

Reaction score
If you’re an adult just admit you were wrong and move on.

I'm not sure who I am dealing with anymore. Maybe you just don't understand what you're looking at. No biggy.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'm not sure who I am dealing with anymore. Maybe you just don't understand what you're looking at. No biggy.

You’re dealing with someone who does research. I certainly know what I’m dealing with discussing topics with you. You’re a waste of time! You could care less what the facts are you dance to the beat of your own drum.

Flamma

Reaction score
You’re dealing with someone who does research. I certainly know what I’m dealing with discussing topics with you. You’re a waste of time! You dance to the beat of your own drum.

Dude. Show me one rookie deal that was renegotiated. Just one. I provided you with a link a 10 year old could understand. I can no longer help you if you could not understand what you were looking at.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dude. Show me one rookie deal that was renegotiated. Just one. I provided you with a link a 10 year old could understand. I can no longer help you if you could not understand what you were looking at.

You didn’t post me the link I had to look for it. There’s plenty of rookie deals that have been torn up. Zeke didn’t play out his full rookie contract. Tennessee couldn’t offer Brown what he wanted. He just got $40 million upfront for signing with Philadelphia. It makes no difference when he’s making this season they’re all looking for guaranteed money.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
We'll know that the 'Boys will do whenever they get around to revealing as much. Fans don't own crystal balls to reveal their front office's intentions.

Flamma

Reaction score
You didn’t post me the link I had to look for it. There’s plenty of rookie deals that have been torn up. Zeke didn’t play out his full rookie contract. Tennessee couldn’t offer Brown what he wanted. He just got $40 million upfront for signing with Philadelphia. It makes no difference when he’s making this season they’re all looking for guaranteed money.

Zeke had to play out his 4th year and 5th year option. All before his extension started.

Here is the link again. Look at 2022. It is the 4th year of his rookie deal. He's being paid 900K. It is not renegotiated. He has to play it out.

A.J. Brown Contract Breakdowns, Salary Cap Figures, Salaries, Bonuses | Spotrac

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Zeke had to play out his 4th year and 5th year option. All before his extension started.

He got $50 million guaranteed at the signing of that new contract. His new contract started the day he signed it. Lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Here is the link again. Look at 2022. It is the 4th year of his rookie deal. He's being paid 900K. It is not renegotiated. He has to play it out.

A.J. Brown Contract Breakdowns, Salary Cap Figures, Salaries, Bonuses | Spotrac

He got $40 million at the signing of that contract. He doesn’t get that money if he’s playing out his rookie deal. He could care less what his base salary is for this season. He’s going to get a total of almost $58,000,000 guaranteed.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I like how threads get degraded into petty arguments.
Adds so much!

Unfortunately I'm guilty for doing as much myself sometimes.

Flamma

Reaction score
He got $50 million guaranteed at the signing of that new contract. His new contract started the day he signed it. Lol

No, it didn't. You're too dopey to understand that. He got 50M guaranteed at signing. That doesn't mean he got 50M right away. He got 7.5M up front. That's it. His new contract started in 2021. A 6 year deal paying him through 2026. All of that guarantee money was paid from 2021 and afterwards. Not before. But all you have to do is actually look at the contract to see this. But you won't. Or you don't understand what you're looking at.

Flamma

Reaction score
He got $40 million at the signing of that contract. He doesn’t get that money if he’s playing out his rookie deal. He could care less what his base salary is for this season. He’s going to get a total of almost $58,000,000 guaranteed.

No. He got a 23M signing bonus. He still has to play out his 4th year of his rookie contract before his extension begins.

Flamma

Reaction score
I like how threads get degraded into petty arguments.
Adds so much!

Unfortunately I'm guilty for doing as much myself sometimes.

All I am trying to do is tell someone is rookie contracts are written in stone. They are not renegotiable. But obviously no matter what I say and no matter what I show them, they don't get it.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
All I am trying to do is tell someone is rookie contracts are written in stone. They are not renegotiable. But obviously no matter what I say and no matter what I show them, they don't get it.
Whatchagonnado?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No, it didn't. You're too dopey to understand that. He got 50M guaranteed at signing. That doesn't mean he got 50M right away. He got 7.5M up front. That's it. His new contract started in 2021. A 6 year deal paying him through 2026. All of that guarantee money was paid from 2021 and afterwards. Not before. But all you have to do is actually look at the contract to see this. But you won't. Or you don't understand what you're looking at.

Dude he got a new deal after 3 seasons but you don’t seem to get that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No. He got a 23M signing bonus. He still has to play out his 4th year of his rookie contract before his extension begins.

You have no clue what you’re talking about. It’s a new deal!