What are Cowboys going to do with Extra Cap Space?

NeathBlue

Reaction score
Looking at next year, it seems we need to roll as much as we can till then…

Carson

Reaction score
Looking at next year, it seems we need to roll as much as we can till then…
???

They are +$38 million and that’s before releasing Zeke

Only players who really matters whose contracts are up is Schultz, Pollard and Donovan Wilson. You can argue that only pollard returns

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I'd agree to your philosophy and most everything ya said had we not lost Coop, Jarwin, and Wilson 1500+ yards and 16tds

If we woulda took Smith or Linderbaum

Jelani Woods &

Tolbert

At least we may get 2 starters in skilled positions and 3 huge guys stacked up on the left side. I'd feel better about that.

I feel good about Tolbert playing this year but who is gonna play te and rb where were LACKING. Lol

There was a huge dropoff in talent after those top 2 rbs. Most of those rbs that made it to the 4th round were coinflip committee ceiling backs. And we didn't improve the failing committee (who will prolly be gone next year).

We would feel pretty confident that Brece hall, Jelani woods, and Tolbert could come in and make an immediate impact in the skilled positions. And pick up the lost production

Instead of the huge hole that left the building.

I woulda focussed on the top 3 skilled players and oline. Just not in the same order

The only skilled player we got w a shot to be a day 1 starter was Tolbert. Imo lol
Yes indeed, there is a lack of depth at both RB and TE, and TE was mildly addressed.
WR has already been addressed.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Yes indeed, there is a lack of depth at both RB and TE, and TE was mildly addressed.
WR has already been addressed.
Lamb and Gallop are good wrs but they haven't proven they can ascend at hitting their head on the goalpost yet. They only avg 5-6 tds each. Somebody has to ascend at Scoring. Maybe Washington and Tolbert can but all of the other skilled players are prolly maxed out and all will be drawing better defenders and more man to man coverage.

The dual te passing attack draws alot of coverage away from our run attack. Not having that dynamic is gonna hurt

Hopefully we have 2 tes ready to go not named McKeon and Sprinkle.

One injury at RB, te, or wr could be detrimental w no depth.

We don't have a top 5 QB who can turn a round steak into a Ribeye.

Maybe Pollard can morph into Breece Hall lol

Last edited:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
???

They are +$38 million and that’s before releasing Zeke

Only players who really matters whose contracts are up is Schultz, Pollard and Donovan Wilson. You can argue that only pollard returns

OVERTHECAP.COM calculates 2023 CAP presently at $21m.

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
Need to roll over over as much cap space as possible to 2023. Will need it to minimize the restructuring of Dak’s contract and to maybe re-sign Digg early. We like our guys, but not when you have to over pay.

Cebrin

Reaction score
I believe Dallas has $11M in cap room. I assume if they don't use it they lose it. How will they use this much cap when they never sign anymore expensive?
Diggs and Lamb will be on their last year of contract next season. They're probably getting ready to start negotiations, and making sure they have a little more wiggle room for those investments.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Some RB is gonna break the single season rushing record now that we have 17 games.

1000 yard rushers are only avg 59 yards per game. It's not the same as when we had 14 game seasons.

I just hope it's not one of the guys that was sitting there at #24. Lol.

If it wasn't for Rushing records and being the NFC East Champs, and the most 10 yard receptions by a te we wouldn't have much to brag about. Lol

Last edited:

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
I believe Dallas has $11M in cap room. I assume if they don't use it they lose it. How will they use this much cap when they never sign anymore expensive?
Are there any good receiving tes as good as Blake Jarwin out there in fa???

Flamma

Reaction score
Stephen has already stated they’re thinking ahead on these contracts. Just because we have these players under their rookie contracts doesn’t mean they’re going to want to play them out.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I swear. But I don't know how many times I have to tell you this. They don't have any choice in the matter. They have to play out their full rookie deal before any extension begins. This isn't a matter of opinion.

So if Parsons gets an extension after 2023, he still has to play out his 4th year and 5th year option of his rookie deal. Then the new one begins.