What are the Keys to victory over Pitt?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What can the Cowboys do to have a successful game against the dreaded black and yellow Steelers football team?? I'll give you a few of my thoughts, please give yours!

1. Not make excuses on who isn't available to play, guys need to step up! Next man up, nobody will feel sorry that we were missing players, as injuries happen around the league all the time.

2. Play disciplined intelligent football! Act like we know what we're doing out there, these coaches hopefully have been scouting the steelers tendencies and will put together a plan for our guys to follow. The coaches can't do everything, these players need to do their jobs too!

3. Limit Penalties- I'll say it again, LIMIT penalties!! I swear sometimes we have more penalty yards than rushing yards

4. Let's give Aubrey the day off, and the offense scores touchdowns!

5. Defense needs to play aggressive and not let the Steelers offense dictate what happens.

YOUR TURN!

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
This game all comes down to Dak and the offense IMO. If he can’t execute better than what Flacco did last week against Pitt— we have no shot

We can’t come out and take 3 quarters to “warm up” and try and make a desperate comeback.

The offense needs a creative spark on terms of playcalling and gameplan, and then the offense needs to come out and execute crisp, efficient, and productive football.

If Dak can get us a 10+ point lead and make Fields have to throw to beat us, we walk away with a W

If we trot out the same predictable, inconsistent, sloppy offense we have seen so far— we lose. Badly.

Dak— earn your 60 mil price tag my dude

CWR

Reaction score
Contain Fields and stop the run.

Run the ball effectively. Neutralize Watt and keep Dak from being under duress.
Contain Fields. Najee can have his 3.2 ypc, but don't slip on Pickens. He is a game breaker.

CWR

Reaction score
This game all comes down to Dak and the offense IMO. If he can’t execute better than what Flacco did last week against Pitt— we have no shot

We can’t come out and take 3 quarters to “warm up” and try and make a desperate comeback.

The offense needs a creative spark on terms of playcalling and gameplan, and then the offense needs to come out and execute crisp, efficient, and productive football.

If Dak can get us a 10+ point lead and make Fields have to throw to beat us, we walk away with a W

If we trot out the same predictable, inconsistent, sloppy offense we have seen so far— we lose. Badly.

Dak— earn your 60 mil price tag my dude
Then start out in a 2 minute offense, because it's just as much on the play caller early on. The scripted plays haven't been working.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I saw a stat the other day saying that under McCarthy when the Cowboys outscore their opponents they are undefeated
Not according to some on here. I was thinking they have never won a game even when they outscored the opponent.