What are the Keys to victory over Pitt?

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Start fast, get a lead for once, and do not give that lead up.
It would be nice to see a game that we comfortably win. It does not hav to be a blowout win (though it would be great). Just a win where we get a 10 to 13 point lead then maintain that. Maybe they get to within 3 or 4 or 7, but we go right back down and get that score back.
^^^^^^^ THIS!!! Would love to start the game with a score and never let up on the "gas". Really tired of starting "flat" and then punting, other team scores, and then having to play "catch up" the rest of the game!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
^^^^^^^ THIS!!! Would love to start the game with a score and never let up on the "gas". Really tired of starting "flat" and then punting, other team scores, and then having to play "catch up" the rest of the game!!
Sometimes you can just see when the drive is about to start loosing it's luster! You'll see a forced pass to Ferg or to the RB for -2 yards, and it's like downhill from there!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Win the coin toss, receive the kickoff, go 3 and out.

McCarthy's style. I couldn't hate it more.
you're complaining jazz doesn't like when people complain! I do have to agree with this though. Pains me to see the opposing team go out and have a nice drive, and our drive was 43 seconds and we gained 6 yards

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
What can the Cowboys do to have a successful game against the dreaded black and yellow Steelers football team?? I'll give you a few of my thoughts, please give yours!

1. Not make excuses on who isn't available to play, guys need to step up! Next man up, nobody will feel sorry that we were missing players, as injuries happen around the league all the time.

2. Play disciplined intelligent football! Act like we know what we're doing out there, these coaches hopefully have been scouting the steelers tendencies and will put together a plan for our guys to follow. The coaches can't do everything, these players need to do their jobs too!

3. Limit Penalties- I'll say it again, LIMIT penalties!! I swear sometimes we have more penalty yards than rushing yards

4. Let's give Aubrey the day off, and the offense scores touchdowns!

5. Defense needs to play aggressive and not let the Steelers offense dictate what happens.

YOUR TURN!
A heavy dose of Luepke for starters.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The keys to beating Pittsburgh would be having a running game and playing solid defense. Not real confident we’ll can do either one. If we have to air it out all day it’s going to be difficult keeping TJ Watt and company off Dak. They’ll just pin their ears back and come after him. It could lead to a long day. With the players we have out we’re going to be up against it. Even if we were completely healthy this would be a tough game.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The keys to beating Pittsburgh would be having a running game and playing solid defense. Not real confident we’ll can do either one. If we have to air it out all day it’s going to be difficult keeping TJ Watt and company off Dak. They’ll just pin their ears back and come after him. It could lead to a long day. With the players we have out we’re going to be up against it. Even if we were completely healthy this would be a tough game.
this

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Have to find a running game, have to stop the running game.
Both of which we do poorly.
Until we find a way to improve in those two areas, then we are doomed.
Mazi might be waking up.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
1. have a good game offensively at the start of the game instead of the end.

2. Our young guys play better than the "stars" they are replacing.

3. T J Watt doesn't remember that we took Taco Charlton instead of him.

CWR

Reaction score
3.4, mind you but yeah, Harris is not good. Surprised he still starts for them. But if he gets it going against us that's just an insult.
Hes a weird back, seems to get going later in the year. I think they miss Warren now, but pretty sure they aren't going to keep Najee around much longer anyway.

Ironicalicon

Reaction score
Give Steele a lot of help with TEs and RBs, at least keep the Steelers somewhat honest with ground game and screens, air it out occasionally on 1st down, especially on the good side of the field and try to keep Fields in the pocket.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Give Steele a lot of help with TEs and RBs, at least keep the Steelers somewhat honest with ground game and screens, air it out occasionally on 1st down, especially on the good side of the field and try to keep Fields in the pocket.
what about guyton