What are your expectations of Dak's ceiling with us?

What are your expectations of Dak's ceiling with us?

• He'll never take us to the playoffs..

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care..

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you cannot execute a Hail Mary because you might fumble the ball away and give up a score against a 3 man rush....then you're not a QB i'm interested in investing in.

Well you just don't get it then do you. They could have rushed 4 or 5, because it was not going to make to the end zone.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He barely has a chance with Garrett coaching him.

He’s a mediocre QB that lacks arm talent and will have to overcome mediocre coaching.

Not impossible buts it’s a long shot.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
One of the bus driver options. Dak is an average bus driving QB who if he plays mistake free football allows zeke and this good defense to win some games. But he will never be the guy who puts his team on his back and passes for 300+ yards w/ multiple touchdowns when the rest of our team struggles. It won't matter who our OC, HC, owner is that has never ever been part of Daks game.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Not really true. Dak slid because he was very raw and needed a ton of coaching up. No one really knew what he was.

Dak's arm strength is easily NFL caliber. It's his accuracy and possible D reading ability that are in question.
Dak came out of the SEC not the Mountain West. Josh Allen and Wentz were considered extremely raw. Where did they go? Oh you mean their physical talents were drafted? Why didn't that happen with Dak? Probably because the physical talent ins't there.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
You could be right, and that means he's going to have to focus on developing and doing the little things right to make up for a lack of elite arm strength
How many QBs once they hit the NFL go from below average to above average in the ability to be accurate and on time with the ball?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Yes, perceived lack of upper echelon talent.

If, for instance, Dak had an NFL caliber arm he'd have bene a 2nd rounder minimum.

The other day we didn't go for a Hail Mary in an obvious situation...and I wonder if some of that is because of Dak's arm.

Dak's thrown a ball over 60 yards in the air, arm strength is not an issue. Doesn't have a cannon for an arm, but then again guys like Jeff George did, and how many SBs did he win?

Probably 95% of NFL throws are less than 50 yards, while quarterbacks need to make shorter, faster throws, which require arm strength, again, the vast majority of throws don't require a cannon for an arm.

Dak's NFL draft profile said "Has enough natural arm strength and hip snap to fit throws into an NFL window".

To me, that means he DOES have an "NFL caliber" arm...

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Same as every other QB since Aikman. We will be playoff berth contenders, occasionally making playoffs, and winning a wild card game about every 7 years. It’s what can be expected when you do your QB shopping in the sales aisle.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I still like him, but he's scares me. I'll wait till the last snap of the last game this year to form a opinion. Too bad we can't surround him with quality coaching.

mardwin

Reaction score
This would get you a "dislike" if we had that button option.
Could be a Darwin post of the year award. :lmao:

Mark Sanchez played in two conference championship game with the Jets. Everyone knew the Jets were a QB away from reaching a super bowl, Dallas is going to be in a similar situation.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dak came out of the SEC not the Mountain West. Josh Allen and Wentz were considered extremely raw. Where did they go? Oh you mean their physical talents were drafted? Why didn't that happen with Dak? Probably because the physical talent ins't there.
Not really true.

Repeating yourself doesn't make something true.

I find it odd that you don't understand the difference in prospects.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mark Sanchez played in two conference championship game with the Jets. Everyone knew the Jets were a QB away from reaching a super bowl, Dallas is going to be in a similar situation.

Could very well be.
But I sure would love they get the chance to see.

When the Cowboys beat the 49ers in 1992 season, and Steve Young lost, as he could never do at the time what Joe Montana did. Were they a QB away from the SB too?
No.
Other things happen.
Like getting beat by the better team at the time.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dak's thrown a ball over 60 yards in the air, arm strength is not an issue. Doesn't have a cannon for an arm, but then again guys like Jeff George did, and how many SBs did he win?

Probably 95% of NFL throws are less than 50 yards, while quarterbacks need to make shorter, faster throws, which require arm strength, again, the vast majority of throws don't require a cannon for an arm.

Dak's NFL draft profile said "Has enough natural arm strength and hip snap to fit throws into an NFL window".

To me, that means he DOES have an "NFL caliber" arm...
For the life of me I cannot comprehend how this group got into their heads that Dak has a lack of arm strength. Hey, we know he struggles w/ accuracy and footwork and progressions, that's clear. So, why do they feel some strange need to lie about it? I seriously don't get it.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
For the life of me I cannot comprehend how this group got into their heads that Dak has a lack of arm strength. Hey, we know he struggles w/ accuracy and footwork and progressions, that's clear. So, why do they feel some strange need to lie about it? I seriously don't get it.

I think you’re reading NFL arm talent as just arm strength. I’d consider NFL arm talent as having the ability to throw with touch and to an area on the field.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am afraid that he has already reached his ceiling, especially under this staff. He is a bus driver and will only go as far as Zeke(run game) and the defense can take him. He will never be able to shoulder the burden himself.

We need a better QB if Dallas stays in this same, mundane offensive scheme, or at least a new OC who can use him better. Dak lacks the talent that Goff has but our coaching staff isn't doing him any favors either.