What are your game day traditions?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I actually do have one game day tradition that I began on the old DC.com on a Monday night when the Cowboys played in BUF. I never come to the forum during a game. On that Monday night, the only way I can describe it was a convention of Bipolar Disorder patients denied their meds for a week. They played ping pong that night with Romo in the Jesus/Satan debate and I was only relieved that he ended up Jesus....temporarily. I think they're still searching for the MOD, mod on duty (see what I did there?), and he was last seen filling out an entrance form for a monastery in Greece.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it depends on game time. first I go hunting. if noon game, come back in time to watch game. if 3 o'clock game, I stay out hunting longer. if night game, I hunt all day.
Somewhere there is a bird and mammal forum with responses from cern's neighborhood prey of what they do on gamedays. First order of business, check the start time of the game.

cern

Reaction score
Somewhere there is a bird and mammal forum with responses from cern's neighborhood prey of what they do on gamedays. First order of business, check the start time of the game.
painted buntings, roadrunners, rattlesnakes, horned toads, hawks, owls and fields of wildflowers also keep the Nikon whirring at other times of the year. the last month has been spent photographing young poults. tiny little raptors.

Big D

Reaction score
I usually listen to the pre game stream while adjusting my fantasy roster.

aria

Reaction score
My game day tradition usually involves copious amounts of alcohol and food. Occasionally I skimp on the alcohol, it depends on who they’re playing. The better the team, the more I drink. If I know it will be a blow out I drink less. Divisional foes usually fall under the first category regardless of how good they are or not.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
My game day tradition usually involves copious amounts of alcohol and food. Occasionally I skimp on the alcohol, it depends on who they’re playing. The better the team, the more I drink. If I know it will be a blow out I drink less. Divisional foes usually fall under the first category regardless of how good they are or not.
Your liver likes easy schedules.

aria

Reaction score
Your liver likes easy schedules.
Lol, that’s no lie. It’s not like I get 6 bottles of wine (3-4 which I drink before, during and after the game) and 2 large pizzas (1 for the hangover day) every time they play a divisional rival. That would be expensive and ridiculous ;)

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Lol, that’s no lie. It’s not like I get 6 bottles of wine (3-4 which I drink before, during and after the game) and 2 large pizzas (1 for the hangover day) every time they play a divisional rival. That would be expensive and ridiculous ;)
That would be a completely inefficient way to drink.
Start with liq and then maintain with those bottles.
Saves money that way also.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Traditions? Ok, one question - are we talking about the past 25 years or the 10 or so years before super bowl 30?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Beer...big-screen TV w/ surround...beer...a few buddies coming over...beer...home-cooked food...beer.

Oh yeah...and beer.

Go Cowboys!

Never understood the beer thing. Tastes bad, calories calories calories, have to drink 15 of them to get a buzz, ect…...exct……..