What are your minimum expectations for 2021 season right now?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
the expectation is based on those injuries not happening, or at least a bunch of them or to key players like dak cooper etc.
If zeke went out pollard could take over and do just as good.

I have expectations, and if something major happens, then I can always change / adapt my expectations.
Something good could happen too, we might acquire a good new player.

Understood. Though what's the point of making expectations if you can change them at will? At least for me.

But "If zeke went out pollard could take over and do just as good."?

No, he doesn't have the beef and power to bust through would-be tacklers to get the 2-3 yard first down runs, I think we've seen that enough. He's a great change of pace back, but not a full time ball carrier. He's another Marion Barber in that sense.

In my opinion, of course...

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
My minimum expectation of this team is i don't expect much, since history has shown that is what we usually get. I watch strictly for entertainment purposes and no way will i bet money on this team to win. But i feel it will be another one of those average mediocre seasons where they don't have extended winning streaks over 2 games. I always hope they prove me wrong and then i am unexpectedly surprised and pleased. But until then, they do have to show me they have turned the corner. If DQ is as advertised, then they may just do that. That is a big IF.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Understood. Though what's the point of making expectations if you can change them at will? At least for me.

But "If zeke went out pollard could take over and do just as good."?

No, he doesn't have the beef and power to bust through would-be tacklers to get the 2-3 yard first down runs, I think we've seen that enough. He's a great change of pace back, but not a full time ball carrier. He's another Marion Barber in that sense.

In my opinion, of course...

zeke is a better power runner but pollard is quicker and more elusive.
unless he ever gets a whole game or 2 we will never know how he would do.
During the course of a 16 game season, they should have given pollard a game or 2 to start and play whole game, rest zeke, and see
how he does.
now it is a 17 game season, so even more reason to do that.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
zeke is a better power runner but pollard is quicker and more elusive.
unless he ever gets a whole game or 2 we will never know how he would do.
During the course of a 16 game season, they should have given pollard a game or 2 to start and play whole game, rest zeke, and see
how he does.
now it is a 17 game season, so even more reason to do that.

While he's not played a whole game, he's had games where he had significant carries. In those we see his ypc drop significantly most of those games. Like 11 carries for 3.55 yards, 10 for 3.10. He had a ypc of 5.75 in his 12 carry game, but that included one long rush that bumped up his average. I can't play him extensively based on hopes he can break one long run, I prefer consistent first down carries. HIs best value is as receiver, would you replace Cooper, Gallup, etc. with Pollard? No.

Playing him a whole game to rest Zeke is an idea, but what if he flops? Then it's a loss, and one game can mean a playoff appearance or not...

DandyDon52

Reaction score
While he's not played a whole game, he's had games where he had significant carries. In those we see his ypc drop significantly most of those games. Like 11 carries for 3.55 yards, 10 for 3.10. He had a ypc of 5.75 in his 12 carry game, but that included one long rush that bumped up his average. I can't play him extensively based on hopes he can break one long run, I prefer consistent first down carries. HIs best value is as receiver, would you replace Cooper, Gallup, etc. with Pollard? No.

Playing him a whole game to rest Zeke is an idea, but what if he flops? Then it's a loss, and one game can mean a playoff appearance or not...
but what if he flops? ..... zeke has flopped many times, and not all were losses, it is part of the game.
As for his carries, emmitt said he needed to get at least 20 -25 carries a game.
And thats what pollard needs. And they could pick a game where the opp has a weak run defense.
Better to find out what he can do , it would increase his value and he would gain experience and confidence.
Then if he did good, you could look at the defense you play each game and decide which RB to give most of the carries to.

It should not always be zeke, that is a mistake.