What are your minimum expectations for 2021 season right now?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Ok I know it is early, but I figure the draft will only give team 1 or 2 starters at most.
So what is the minimum season record you would accept as a step forward over last season?
I will say 10-7 , that would be a distinct improvement over last season.
Anything less I would have to consider a failure by coaches , FO , and players, and Dak.

Now 10-7 may get team into playoffs, and it may not, so I am not going to say they have to make playoffs,
but I do sort of expect that they should .
The thing is winning the division may be the only way a east team gets in playoffs, but one of the east teams
may have a good season, and do better than 10-7. You cant count on them being as bad as last season.

Dallas in 2020
AFC DIV 1-3
NFC DIV 1-3
SOS 2-0
DIV 2-4
Las Vegas Raiders H
Kansas City Chiefs Road
Los Angeles Chargers Road

NFC DIV 2-2
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Road
New Orleans Saints Road
Atlanta Falcons H
Carolina Panthers H

SOS GAMES 1-1

Minnesota Vikings Road
Arizona Cardinals H

NFCE GAMES 4-2

17th game 0-1 by this would put them at 10-7 , if 16 games then 10-6
Dallas would have to be real good team to do better than 10 wins.
I gave a loss on the last game as people here are saying it would be NE, and dallas has
always done poorly in the last game of season.
But that could be another win just as easily, if they are improved, so I could see 11 wins too.
So I will change that to 10 or 11 wins as my minimum expectation.

Anything over that would be more than I expect
And on further thought, I think making the playoffs , as WC or div champ has to be included, unless
one of the other east teams just has a great season, and dallas doesnt get in as WC.
10-11 wins should get dallas in as a WC though?
if we get to 9-7, we have over achieved. I am not sold on this defense. again, we are changing to a new scheme and throwing in a bunch of new players and there is a lack of general familiarity with the scheme. Yes, yes, yes, we brought some of the former Quinn players, but all 11 have to be familiar, not just one. however, I think we won't be historically bad defense like last year, and thus we won't see some of those horrible defensive outings and thus should have a few more wins.

visionary

Reaction score
I would have to say your comment is the stupid one lol.
Daks new salary does not make him any better than before, and he couldnt get past div round before so more pay isnt going to make him better.
Rodgers is one of the best qb's in the league, and he could never get his team back to a SB in a ten year period, most of that with
the same bozo HC dallas hired. To me MM is the barry switzer of GB ! lol

Dallas does not have a SB organization, FO, GM, Coaches, or defense, so to expect a SB is kinda dumb.

so you asked a question you don’t want answered honestly?

now whose the stupid one?

visionary

Reaction score
if we get to 9-7, we have over achieved. I am not sold on this defense. again, we are changing to a new scheme and throwing in a bunch of new players and there is a lack of general familiarity with the scheme. Yes, yes, yes, we brought some of the former Quinn players, but all 11 have to be familiar, not just one. however, I think we won't be historically bad defense like last year, and thus we won't see some of those horrible defensive outings and thus should have a few more wins.

Dak sniffers predictably setting the bar low

the people who spent a year telling us Dak is elite and should be paid 40+ million/y now telling us if this elite QB leads us to 9-7 it will be an overachievement

can’t make this stuff up

:facepalm:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

the people who spent a year telling us Dak is elite and should be paid 40+ million/y now telling us if this elite QB leads us to 9-7 it will be an overachievement

can’t make this stuff up

so you expect the offense to carry this team and defense hold zero responsibility? if it wasn't for the offense, I would have said, 2-14, or 3-13. that's how bad this defense is. they won't be historically bad, but they will be bad. you can bet on that. I also don't expect this team play a long stretch of games against back up QBs like we did at the end of last year. else we wouldn't be 6-10, we probably end up 3-13

grow up dude...

visionary

Reaction score
so you expect the offense to carry this team and defense hold zero responsibility? if it wasn't for the offense, I would have said, 2-14, or 3-13. that's how bad this defense is. they won't be historically bad, but they will be bad. you can bet on that. I also don't expect this team play a long stretch of games against back up QBs like we did at the end of last year. else we wouldn't be 6-10, we probably end up 3-13

grow up dude...

youre expecting 8-8 from a 42 million/y QB

sounds to me like you need to do the growing up “dude”

DandyDon52

Reaction score

Ok I see where your head is at lol.
you dont expect dak to win a SB, if he did you would be shocked!
you are demanding he win a SB due to being paid so much.
This thread is about real expectations, not what you think should be, due to how much dak was paid.

I dont even think jerry expects a SB, he is just thinking maybe if they can fix the defense.

expecting 8-8 from a 42 million/y QB.....nothing wrong with that, we didnt pay dak lol, so we can expect any record we want.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

you are so short sighted. I expect the offense to be among the best ones in the league. I worry about the defense..

you seem to have an agenda and pre determined path you want to argue....you are having a tough time adjusting your mindset and didn't even read my post, just reacted to a few words.

seriously grow up

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
If Schultz continues his rise, and there's no reason he wouldn't, TE is a strength.
*Copy* but BLAKE JARWIN ain't no slouch at his craft, in fact ,I'm of the strong belief he's the starter come season opener's kick-0ff:starspin:

visionary

Reaction score
you are so short sighted. I expect the offense to be among the best ones in the league. I worry about the defense..

you seem to have an agenda and pre determined path you want to argue....you are having a tough time adjusting your mindset and didn't even read my post, just reacted to a few words.

seriously grow up

its really simple
But you’ll actually have to pay attention

We went 6-10 last year
Dak was 1-3
Other QBs were therefore 5-7 which extrapolates to 7-9 over a season

so basically, Dalton can take this team to 7-9 and you think Dak will take us to 8-8 because you said that 9-7 would be over achieving (your words not mine)

so basically a 42 million /y QB gets us one more win than Dalton ? 8-8 vs 7-9

and that’s from a major big time Dak apologist like you

that's why you were so happy Dak got paid? To be able to go 8-8 instead of 7-9? LOL

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
its really simple
But you’ll actually have to pay attention

We went 6-10 last year
Dak was 1-3
Other QBs were therefore 5-7 which extrapolates to 7-9 over a season

so basically, Dalton can take this team to 7-9 and you think Dak will take us to 8-8 because you said that 9-7 would be over achieving (your words not mine)

so basically a 42 million /y QB gets us one more win than Dalton ? 8-8 vs 7-9

and that’s from a major big time Dak apologist like you

that's why you were so happy Dak got paid? To be able to go 8-8 instead of 7-9? LOL
actually you would be wrong. Dak according to NFL rules was 2-3. learn the rules son.

yes, like I said, we went 6-10 with three wins against teams with their back up QBs, in three straight games. I don't expect that to happen again, so if they had their starting QBs, probably 4-12 at best...AT BEST given Dalton's performance against the likes of Jones a 5 win team at the time.

and like I said, I expect the offense to be among the best, but defense will be bad...not historically bad. but bad. however, you seem to want Dak to play DT and help the run defense too, but then again you have said in the past you blame Dak fore defensive problems...or insinuated as much...

and I repeat, again, so hopefully you will get it this time (I am very patient), Dalton craaped his pants against average and good teams. literally....and he won three games against teams that in the end had 4 wins and had their back up QBs. needing 9 turnovers, a defensive score and a special teams score to do it...Dalton reaching 7-9 is a teenage boys wet dream.

but go ahead, tie your ship to the Dalton anchor and sink if you like...in fact, given your deep deep devoted love for Dalton, perhaps you want to become a bears fan....I seriously think you should consider it....again, given how much love you have shown for Dalton.

75boyz

Reaction score

can’t make this stuff up

My only head scratching, logic defying confusion is based on why to pay a QB this contract after the last full year plus 4 games as a starter, his record is 9-11.
And the simplest of all stats of measuring his TD to int ratio against .500 or above teams vs. poor teams clearly identifies that he has "extreme" problems against any defense that is average or above.

For the supporters; if your foundation is based on him being elite and deserving of said contract, shouldnt the bare minimum expectation or standard response be "I expect Dak to win a lot of shootouts this year, regardless of the defenses he faced.?"

That is what I would expect out of a supporter who does not already have a built in excuse system.

Just my opinion though.

We all got'em.

Gonna be fun to read once Smith, Collins or both gets hurt, lol.

75boyz

Reaction score
actually you would be wrong. Dak according to NFL rules was 2-3. learn the rules son.

yes, like I said, we went 6-10 with three wins against teams with their back up QBs, in three straight games. I don't expect that to happen again, so if they had their starting QBs, probably 4-12 at best...AT BEST given Dalton's performance against the likes of Jones a 5 win team at the time.

and like I said, I expect the offense to be among the best, but defense will be bad...not historically bad. but bad. however, you seem to want Dak to play DT and help the run defense too, but then again you have said in the past you blame Dak fore defensive problems...or insinuated as much...

and I repeat, again, so hopefully you will get it this time (I am very patient), Dalton craaped his pants against average and good teams. literally....and he won three games against teams that in the end had 4 wins and had their back up QBs. needing 9 turnovers, a defensive score and a special teams score to do it...Dalton reaching 7-9 is a teenage boys wet dream.

but go ahead, tie your ship to the Dalton anchor and sink if you like...in fact, given your deep deep devoted love for Dalton, perhaps you want to become a bears fan....I seriously think you should consider it....again, given how much love you have shown for Dalton.

The irony in this discussion and then flipping the statements used, logic and perspective from a Dak supporter and then using "this exact template" as a measurement tool for the entire 2019 season in which only poor teams were defeated is quite the kettle calling.

And no, I'm not a Dalton guy, lol.

This one blew me away.

It's "exactly" how I measured Dak in 2019 and 4 games of 2020.

But then when used as a measurement tool towards Dalton's performance by a Dak supporter it's as though 2019 never happened using the exact same formula.

Like bizarro weird.

It is the Zone. Kinda Twilight Zone, lol.