What are your minimum expectations for 2021 season right now?

75boyz

Reaction score
We cannot have the likes of Steele or Ty N. starting games for us. It will end badly. Must draft a olineman that can play all the positions at a high level. Collins and Smith scare the hell out of me.

Totally agree. I have no clue as to why the whole board wants another low to no impact zone corner or tight end after what Tampas d line did to Green Bay and KC in the trenches.

Washington did the same to the Dallas scrubs in BOTH games and the Giants did the same in the second game. Both rivals dominated Dallas's O line.

You can't tell me every poster believes in such a Jones hope strategy that BOTH Smith and Collins will make it a full year after major surgeries.

Jerry just paid 125 mil in guarantees.
Steele, Knight and Neske can NOT be the contingency plan, smh.

Only in the Zone.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Totally agree. I have no clue as to why the whole board wants another low to no impact zone corner or tight end after what Tampas d line did to Green Bay and KC in the trenches.

Washington did the same to the Dallas scrubs in BOTH games and the Giants did the same in the second game. Both rivals dominated Dallas's O line.

You can't tell me every poster believes in such a Jones hope strategy that BOTH Smith and Collins will make it a full year after major surgeries.

Only in the Zone.
Slater would be a welcome addition and then I want at least another pick OL target at some point that seems rational.
There are fans that feel this offense is good to go because Dak signed,, that is short sighted,, and Jerry didnt just pay Dak that payroll to not protect his investment.
Got no problem with Slater at 10,, would be some insane miracle of a day if Sewell were to slip that far, but within our reach would be tempting to try and move up.

Redline360

Reaction score
1) Make or break year for MM & Moore
2) Zeke improvement
3) Dak proves himself post injury and takes the next leap forward to warrant that money
4) offense actually gets off to fast starts for once
5) Defense improvement ( can't be that hard lol). Mainly Jaylon and LVE. Do or die year for them.

75boyz

Reaction score
Slater would be a welcome addition and then I want at least another pick OL target at some point that seems rational.
There are fans that feel this offense is good to go because Dak signed,, that is short sighted,, and Jerry didnt just pay Dak that payroll to not protect his investment.
Got no problem with Slater at 10,, would be some insane miracle of a day if Sewell were to slip that far, but within our reach would be tempting to try and move up.

I'm stealing someone else's comment but it's the only thing this team has done right in a decade...

And that's drafting first round olinemen who actually perform up to their draft slot and even exceed it to HOF level performances.

I have no idea how Boy Wonder Moore could re capture 2016's offensive philosophy of dominating TOP with
THIS version of Zeke, but if the Cowboys don't guard against a Smith/Collins injury and go with the current backups, Jerry's investment is gonna get hit both hard and very often. And quite possibly be injured again as well.

The businessman has to protect his investment. It's that simple.

Last edited:

Mr_437

Reaction score
Expectations???

There are no positive expectations, Cowboys have too hard a time getting to the playoffs...a good season for the Cowboys is going 8-9.

One thing I do expect though.. is a lot of hype and a lot of excuses when the seasons over.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
This is what could happen.
The offensive line holds up for four of five games and then one guy or two goes down and Dak goes back to average or below quarterback. Games are lost.
Homers complain about the whole offensive line is awful while still making fun of Dalton who played with backups to the backups. "nobody could win with these two guys out."
The defense turns to be the bright spot.
6-11

75boyz

Reaction score
The offensive line holds up for four of five games and then one guy or two goes down and Dak goes back to average or below quarterback. Games are lost.
Homers complain about the whole offensive line is awful while still making fun of Dalton who played with backups to the backups. "nobody could win with these two guys out."
6-11

Agree. 'Bout the way I see it playing out too.

Rayman70

Reaction score

Only in the Zone.
awesome take^. My thoughts as well. Oline had better be a top priority or we will have back to back rough years. We gotta get better up front. Even if everyone is healthy, how long til they miss games? The fans on here actually think a 36 year old journeyman OT can come in here and be the answer..its laughable. Steele is not the answer. He is a 3rd string guy at best. Same with Knight. ALSO, our LG is not great. He lacks power that the position demands. I want a mauler at LG. If we draft Slater we can move him to LG to get his feet wet, then when Tyron does miss games we can move him over to LT. Collins might not be ready either...and we better be ready for our 36 year old guy we just signed to start week 1 at RT. I am worried about Dak staying healthy if THIS is the plan. Good news is its a deep draft if you need a oline guy.

Rayman70

Reaction score
6-11
unless we draft good oline guys, your right. I see this coming a mile away^

kevinhickey

Reaction score
Ok I know it is early, but I figure the draft will only give team 1 or 2 starters at most.
So what is the minimum season record you would accept as a step forward over last season?
I will say 10-7 , that would be a distinct improvement over last season.
Anything less I would have to consider a failure by coaches , FO , and players, and Dak.

Now 10-7 may get team into playoffs, and it may not, so I am not going to say they have to make playoffs,
but I do sort of expect that they should .
The thing is winning the division may be the only way a east team gets in playoffs, but one of the east teams
may have a good season, and do better than 10-7. You cant count on them being as bad as last season.

Dallas in 2020
AFC DIV 1-3
NFC DIV 1-3
SOS 2-0
DIV 2-4
Las Vegas Raiders H
Kansas City Chiefs Road
Los Angeles Chargers Road

NFC DIV 2-2
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Road
New Orleans Saints Road
Atlanta Falcons H
Carolina Panthers H

SOS GAMES 1-1

Minnesota Vikings Road
Arizona Cardinals H

NFCE GAMES 4-2

17th game 0-1 by this would put them at 10-7 , if 16 games then 10-6
Dallas would have to be real good team to do better than 10 wins.
I gave a loss on the last game as people here are saying it would be NE, and dallas has
always done poorly in the last game of season.
But that could be another win just as easily, if they are improved, so I could see 11 wins too.
So I will change that to 10 or 11 wins as my minimum expectation.

Anything over that would be more than I expect
And on further thought, I think making the playoffs , as WC or div champ has to be included, unless
one of the other east teams just has a great season, and dallas doesnt get in as WC.
10-11 wins should get dallas in as a WC though?
I want to see improvement from last year as follows: bring the D back to our defence, coaching and development of last years selections and this the new current draft class, attitude/ effort improvement, address weakness and kick them to the curb. Win the division.

Rayman70

Reaction score
EVEN Zack Martin missed games last year. Let that sink in. Is it time to worry? Me thinks so.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
unless we draft good oline guys, your right. I see this coming a mile away^

I think OL is important and so does Dallas given all the top draft picks we have along the OL, clearly that is not a spot Dallas has ignored, having said that defense must be addressed. I'm not opposed to Slater but also not opposed with guys like Surtain and help at DT.

75boyz

Reaction score
awesome take^. My thoughts as well. Oline had better be a top priority or we will have back to back rough years. We gotta get better up front. Even if everyone is healthy, how long til they miss games? The fans on here actually think a 36 year old journeyman OT can come in here and be the answer..its laughable. Steele is not the answer. He is a 3rd string guy at best. Same with Knight. ALSO, our LG is not great. He lacks power that the position demands. I want a mauler at LG. If we draft Slater we can move him to LG to get his feet wet, then when Tyron does miss games we can move him over to LT. Collins might not be ready either...and we better be ready for our 36 year old guy we just signed to start week 1 at RT. I am worried about Dak staying healthy if THIS is the plan. Good news is its a deep draft if you need a oline guy.

Yep thanks,
It's unfortunate that Moore can't change his pass happy ways back to that 2016 version of smash mouth TOP offensive philosophy and that version of Zeke.

I totally agree on all your oline player comments and, as not a big supporter of #4, I believe he needs an absolutely outstanding oline in order to function at even an average level.

I just like watching dominant oline play and think Sewell/Slater gives the best opportunity to reaching that level if Smith can hold up another year or so and Collins ends up actually returning to form.

I know, 2 big Ifs.

Like I said though, it's the only way the offense can function. Philbin ain't working no miracle with these backups, people need to accept that. There ain't no coaching em up.

Nice post man.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yep thanks,
It's unfortunate that Moore can't change his pass happy ways back to that 2016 version of smash mouth TOP offensive philosophy and that version of Zeke.

I totally agree on all your oline player comments and, as not a big supporter of #4, I believe he needs an absolutely outstanding oline in order to function at even an average level.

I just like watching dominant oline play and think Sewell/Slater gives the best opportunity to reaching that level if Smith can hold up another year or so and Collins ends up actually returning to form.

I know, 2 big Ifs.

Like I said though, it's the only way the offense can function. Philbin ain't working no miracle with these backups, people need to accept that. There ain't no coaching em up.

Nice post man.
Moore is not the best playcaller..he's too inconsistent. Gotta give Philbin some good ingredients to work with. Dak will go how the oline goes. Like you said. Zeke goes how the oline goes. If we gotta pass 50 times per, it will be a worse year than the last.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think OL is important and so does Dallas given all the top draft picks we have along the OL, clearly that is not a spot Dallas has ignored, having said that defense must be addressed. I'm not opposed to Slater but also not opposed with guys like Surtain and help at DT.
that was years ago