What Are Your Thoughts About The Draft

visionary

Reaction score
I have followed the Drafts since mid 70's and do my own every year and honestly I disagree totally with you
on this Draft. Zeke Elliott was the player that makes the most difference for this football team next season
and the following 5 seasons. Jaylon Smith I put my trust that the team and the Doctors have a pretty good
feeling he will return to form. I like the Malik and Tapper picks in the 3rd and 4th Rounds especially the
Tapper pick he will turn out to be a steal. Dak Prescott not a bad QB project the talent is all there and a
very similar player to Russell Wilson with a better arm just needs to work on dropping back in the pocket.
I think hes 3rd on the Depth Chart at QB next season a #2 backup is still to come. Late in the Draft they
are taking players that might compete for a Roster Spot as most teams do. Anthony Brown was a solid
pick and so was Keith Frazier and Darius Jackson I think makes this team so lookout McFadden and he
might even be a Punt and Kickoff Returner we don't know other than hes got nice speed. I think many
who complain about the Draft are simply the ones that didn't want Zeke in the first round but you know
what I say "oh well" they made the right choice.

Hopefully you are correct

I don't see the incremental value with Zeke over our current RBs with the addition of a Perkins or Dixon or Booker who could have been had in rds 3-4

Smith is an absolute prayer and not a worthwhile risk at 34 where we could have picked a defensive starter like Spence or Reed or Robinson. The doctor cannot tell you with any confidence what is going to happen because nerve regeneration can be a crap shoot. If this were just a joint j would agree with picking him but it is not. Even if get us able to use his keg/foot again you have no idea if he can even play at an nfl level leg alone at an elite level. This is a gamble not worth taking on a team that wants to contend this year and next.

garyv

Reaction score
Hopefully you are correct

I don't see the incremental value with Zeke over our current RBs with the addition of a Perkins or Dixon or Booker who could have been had in rds 3-4

Smith is an absolute prayer and not a worthwhile risk at 34 where we could have picked a defensive starter like Spence or Reed or Robinson. The doctor cannot tell you with any confidence what is going to happen because nerve regeneration can be a crap shoot. If this were just a joint j would agree with picking him but it is not. Even if get us able to use his keg/foot again you have no idea if he can even play at an nfl level leg alone at an elite level. This is a gamble not worth taking on a team that wants to contend this year and next.

I differ on the gamble because in Round 2 their looking Dodd or Ogbah both are DE to be honest I think Tapper can be just as
good as Dodd will ever be only because Dallas will use him differently than OU the tools are all there, so really if they stayed
there and got Dodd they were no better off than they are now as far as 2nd Round goes and I beg to differ on the difference
between Elliott and McFadden one is a franchise back and the other is a journeyman.

garyv

Reaction score
I differ on the gamble because in Round 2 their looking Dodd or Ogbah both are DE to be honest I think Tapper can be just as
good as Dodd will ever be only because Dallas will use him differently than OU the tools are all there, so really if they stayed
there and got Dodd they were no better off than they are now as far as 2nd Round goes and I beg to differ on the difference
between Elliott and McFadden one is a franchise back and the other is a journeyman.
You have to remember the
Raiders pretty much let McFadden walk on a cheap contract....there is a reason for that !!!

The only thing I was a little disappointed in was I truly wanted a WR to beat Terrance Williams out because he can't be a #1 WR in case of a Dex injury. I said that before last season and really seen it happen after Dez went down. He doesn't have the separation and lacks speed. You have to have one or the other and he has neither.