What books have you been reading?

maxdogg

Reaction score
Found it. Might have read some of that. I'll have to look. Thanks.
Hey Jobber just wanted to say I read a book that was on just the first crusade and it was really good.
I cant find it at the moment but when I do I will post the title.
Also if you are really into the crusades as a subject I have to recommend a great youtube channel called "Real Crusades History"
This guy does great stuff on there. From 10 min. vids on battles or specific events or characters from the era to hour long podcasts with authors and scholars on the subject.
I highly recommend checking out his channel.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Hey Jobber just wanted to say I read a book that was on just the first crusade and it was really good.
I cant find it at the moment but when I do I will post the title.
Also if you are really into the crusades as a subject I have to recommend a great youtube channel called "Real Crusades History"
This guy does great stuff on there. From 10 min. vids on battles or specific events or characters from the era to hour long podcasts with authors and scholars on the subject.
I highly recommend checking out his channel.

Thanks @maxxdogg! Will do.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I'm re-reading James Michener's "Chesapeake". It's 1024 pages and I wish it was even longer. First read it many moons ago when I was 17 and on a Michener kick at the time including reading Hawaii, Space, Alaska etc. all great books.

Read that a few months ago. Great read. I really enjoyed Poland too.

Shinaoi

Reaction score
I read Michener's Mexico, which was decent. I think it's not as highly regarded as some of his other books. Probably should check them out.

SMASHMOUTH9473

Reaction score
THE WAY of the SHEPHERD is a very good book. It is a MUST READ for any person who is a manager of people. Great management tool if you apply what's written.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
heir-to-the-empire-cover.jpg

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Rediscovering Americanism: And the Tyranny of Progressivism

By Mark R Levin.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Currently about to start Kitchen Confidential (Anthony Bourdain), after that I will be finally getting to Delillo, Roth, and McCarthy all collecting dust on my book shelf. Also need to finally read Purity (Franzen).

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Currently about to start Kitchen Confidential (Anthony Bourdain), after that I will be finally getting to Delillo, Roth, and McCarthy all collecting dust on my book shelf. Also need to finally read Purity (Franzen).
Wow. This is an old thread lol.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Wow. This is an old thread lol.
I had to dig it up. Lots of great suggestions and feedback in here. I don't think (hope) it constitutes a rule violation since this is an ongoing thread that just happened to get buried.

Sorry for the Haley false alarm, Daboyz :(

Last edited: