What can zeke do to regain the title

Proof

Reaction score
Zeke has never been given a pass. The people here have crucified him even when he was winning rushing titles. Also, we aren't going to rebuild entirely out of the draft and good players don't come cheap in FA. So we are going to have a problem since we have so many needs. Every player can't be a 10 but we have a team full of 3,4,5s. Most are borderline backups, so again, I'm not so sure that paying one guy 20% of the cap is going to work out for us. That leaves 80% for the other 52 guys.

lol. You and I have very different perspectives. It was like five people who hated zeke from the moment he was drafted. The vast majority has fawned over the guy and his rushing titles and stated the team lives and died on his shoulders etc. those rushing titles not equating to wins has never been a point of contention. Now done soured on him when he held out, and came into the season out of shape and has regressed pretty dramatically across the board, but he’s had so much more luxury than Dak has in the fandoms conscious.

as far as the rest of your points, we’re just not big players in free agency period, so that’s really a moot point in my mind. And I don’t think we need to rebuild entirely. Just need some defensive reinforcements because the offense (at full strength) is going to do it’s job.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
It comes down to focus for Zeke, and I think he's either too lazy to stay mentally checked in in a lost season or he's got substance issues that are dragging him down. Zeke hasn't been fast for a long while, but he wasn't dropping gimme passes or losing Kleenex soft fumbles. The Atlanta and Arizona games scare me - in both of them, Zeke lost two EZ fumbles on like his first three carries. When's the last time you've seen a pro running back ever do that? It doesn't happen at this level. So it's fair to wonder if Zeke's head is even in the game at that point, or if it's back doing lines at the hotel 2 hours ago.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
lol. You and I have very different perspectives. It was like five people who hated zeke from the moment he was drafted. The vast majority has fawned over the guy and his rushing titles and stated the team lives and died on his shoulders etc. those rushing titles not equating to wins has never been a point of contention. Now done soured on him when he held out, and came into the season out of shape and has regressed pretty dramatically across the board, but he’s had so much more luxury than Dak has in the fandoms conscious.

as far as the rest of your points, we’re just not big players in free agency period, so that’s really a moot point in my mind. And I don’t think we need to rebuild entirely. Just need some defensive reinforcements because the offense (at full strength) is going to do it’s job.

Well, you have more faith in the FO than I do. It's been 25 years since we had a good team, and I define that as a team that can win consistently for maybe 3-4 years. All we have gotten is a one off now and then.

I hope I am wrong but history says Dak's career will be wasted if he stays.

quickccc

Reaction score
I can't believe that so many people think Zeke is run down. If he had the O line from 3-4 years ago this team and his performance would be so much better.

i don't think he's not worn down ... this is only year 4 of his career , ..but as Tyron, Collins, Fredrick (syndrome) and martin (knee,back) have been affected
by injuries and become less, that has made zeke have to work harder in grinding and pounding. ..he is far more depended on power, angry runs than
breakaway speed. And since that Ohio State burst is gone, he needs the OL more than ever.
Even an average one that we have now.

- There are times when great backs can make average OL better than what they are.
Saquon Barkley's OL has been among worst in NY- but his adept elusiveness, slippery power and home run burst still stands him out to
make him potent and much feared,

But Zeke was never Emmitt-like elusive ..and he's lost his long burst acceleration ..and even his agility as we dont' see him high hurdling over tacklers anymore. He is a one cut runner that was unique in one his size sprinting for 50-60 yard TD scores.

Some players can add on more significant bulk on their frame - without sacrificing burst and agility
zeke clearly cannot.

- Pollard was drafted and added to lessen the touches and carries burden , Kellen moore isn't efficient in RB design and usage to allow him more quality
relief, imo. Pollard is superior to what we had with backups Morris, Mcfadden and definitely Rod Smith but the big problem is he's vastly under developed and under use under Moore.

Appears McCarthy is letting Moore handle that chore instead of implementing any other designs for the RBs in run/pass.

quickccc

Reaction score
Great RBs can produce behind average offensive lines.
Cant use that as an excuse for Zeke.
If Zeke wasn't tying us down with that contract I would consider drafting the RB from Clemson if he fell to the second round.

Saquon Barkley is one example .. can you name (or others) name other great backs (in this modern time era) .. with average OLs ?

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Fat Zeke taking a break. Now if his butt buddy Jaylon would fek off this game could actually be watchable.

ICP

Reaction score
He needs to quit mailing it in every Sunday

Wapp5200

Reaction score
of best back. Zeke's one of the best backs still, but I feel he needs to drop weight. He Needs to play at 223 or less to be at his best. I remember in training camp a few years ago, Zeke out ran chido for a td. That's impressive because chino's the same guy who hawked S Barkley. last year, so he has real speed. He ran with Julio 2 years. Who on the staff can get Zeke t commit to dropping weight? Is he dumb? Does he nt know that the more hits he takes the shorter his career is? More speed means more long tds and less hits.
Not one of thd best, got paid and that was it!!!

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Maybe we can convert him to something else. Just can't think of a spot for a guy who is slow, has bad hands and isn't a fan of physical play.

Proof

Reaction score
Well, you have more faith in the FO than I do. It's been 25 years since we had a good team, and I define that as a team that can win consistently for maybe 3-4 years. All we have gotten is a one off now and then.

I hope I am wrong but history says Dak's career will be wasted if he stays.

nah it’s the opposite. I don’t have faith in them, so saving some money on daks contract will go to waste imo. They simply don’t sign marquee fa’s.

Beaker42

Reaction score
of best back. Zeke's one of the best backs still, but I feel he needs to drop weight. He Needs to play at 223 or less to be at his best. I remember in training camp a few years ago, Zeke out ran chido for a td. That's impressive because chino's the same guy who hawked S Barkley. last year, so he has real speed. He ran with Julio 2 years. Who on the staff can get Zeke t commit to dropping weight? Is he dumb? Does he nt know that the more hits he takes the shorter his career is? More speed means more long tds and less hits.
Quit - he sucks and we need to dump him and his BAD contract.

quickccc

Reaction score

If this MM coaching staff,.. strength conditioning staff, personnel player staff have any good sense, they can extensively research, review early zeke to this version and make the conclusion and plan that they need to re-shape, reform and re-conditioning zeke's body frame as close to the 2016 version as
possible.

Every player's body is not the same in being able to add on vast more bulk to their frame- without sacrficing speed.

- Zeke isn't fat, he's not Eddie Lacy or CJ Anderson , his frame is solid but when the Garrett regime wanted him to be
more of a bell cow pounder and take on a whole lot more touches in both run and pass ..it simply took away his burst and
agility...doesn't even high hurdle as he was coming into the NFL .

- i never bought into the 2019 training camp holdout and out of shape that took away zeke's speed. he was already displaying that element was already disappearing when he only had one run over 40 yards in 2018 (vs Seattle and fumbled on that play)
That year it was reported that RB Gary Brown told Zeke to be ready to get a lot of carries and touches. . No doubt thats why they bulked him as such.

- Titans Anthony Henry was breaking long runs at Bama, at 250 pounds, no doubt as he's added some NFL muscle,
and he doesn't seem to have sacrificed any long speed at his listed " 250 pounds.

- That doesn't appear to the case with Zeke. But it will totally up to this staff and zeke to identified the speed problem and address it as such.
Otherwise it is just gonna be limited to bell cow pounder like capability - and a guy that the NFL simply does not fear anymore .

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

The only reason Zeke is slacking off is because he lost his girlfriend to a broken ankle, so now he is pouting and has gained weight over his lost love!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Saquon Barkley is one example .. can you name (or others) name other great backs (in this modern time era) .. with average OLs ?

You mean the Saquon Barkley who was averaging 1.8 yards per carry before he got hurt? That guy? Zeke is averaging more yards AFTER contact than that. But yall aint heah dat from me.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Pray the Cowboys draft Sewell from Oregon. The team is a passing team now. Zeke is a dinosaur.
If that's the case and you're not trying to win time of possession, youd better play some pretty good defense.

This team isnt remotely close...and has the wrong coordinator.