Video: What Could Cowboys Really Get In a Dak Trade?

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Depends on how desperate a team is to settle for him. So far, Jerry is the one who has been the desperate one trying to get rid of players and so he hardly does well on trades. I think the technical term is "taken behind the wood shed". And that's because this is a family forum.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
How is Dak a leader? What has he ever led a team to?
Leader = Popular
The dak gang in locker room like him, and he is the leader of those guys.
He isnt a "team" leader.

Romo was tough, critical, and aloof.
Dak was friendly, non critical,(ok to mess up lol) and he was one of the guys. So they liked him better.

The guys under dak get their glory, in reg season,and he helps pump up their stats.
None of them really care about playoffs and SB's, that is just more work ! lol

If they are one and done, less work and they can go party and take it easy, while other teams are still working in playoffs.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I didn’t pay too much attention to Fish cuz Bri was on the screen. One thing Bri talked about was the dysfunction in the locker room and the building because of this contract situation. Whether you like Dak or not this is a destructive situation. I hope 1 or 2 things happen. 1. They trade Dak or cut him before the draft and/or training camp. 2. They extend him and all this talk can end. I think this is very unhealthy to keep doing this. My preference is a trade. But I’d rather have an extension than a whole season of this. What the Jones have created for 2024 is very toxic. Either keep the guy and extend him or trade him. Playing out the season like this will be a waste.

I agree I think “all in” is all about 2025. If that’s the case then just rip the band aid off now. Because if Dak is not in the plans for 2025 and beyond then just start in 2024.
Well it could be about MM, jerry doesnt like to pay a HC to do nothing.
If he had fired mm, and hired BB , he would have had to pay mm for nothing for this final year.

Jones boys are scrooges with their own $ and with cap $.
So they make mike work his final year, and dak too lol
Then in 25 they do whatever they have decided to do.

Could be something new, HC, QB etc, but could be more of the same , and extend dak, lamb, parsons, and maybe new HC.

All this not doing anything , is the talk of the town, has everyone wondering, and TALKING !
Jerry loves the talking so he will drag it out through TC at least.

The draft could tell us something or nothing.

As for letting dak walk, I just wont believe that till I see it actually happen.

And one thing no one is considering, is what if dak is the one that is holding up an extension? Maybe he wants to be a free agent?

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
at best, with his contract, 2025 1st + 2024 2nd or 3rd.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
a96d0e9a-b525-4855-bfbd-ae3c59f91957-large3x4_10008.jpeg
He is pointing where he aims to hit receivers over the middle of the field.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Rogers is a Hall of Fame SuperBowl winning QB....easily one of the 10 best all time QBs ever to play.

Dak isn't one of the 10 best QBs RIGHT NOW... (unless you simply don't care about the postseason, and are just happy with Sept and Oct hype).

Nobody will trade anything for Dak and his giant contract. He's KIRK Cousins, not Aaron Rogers.
You really don't have to be this dumb.
You just don't.
Entire internet out there full of ways to educate yourself. But it certainly will not be doing it as ill just put someone this goofy on ignore.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Six very quarterback needy teams will be drafting a quarterback in a few weeks. That’s six more teams that will not be considering trading for any quarterback. That hurts Dak’s trade value, further. Three of those QBs will be busts, but by the time their teams come to terms with that Dak will be a free agent. Teams that don’t draft a QB in a few weeks, but feel Dak would be an upgrade, would at best be dealing 2025 draft picks for him, and the odds one of those handful of teams is one Dak desires to go to is slim. There are only a few teams in a position to take on the kind of salary Dak will seek, as it is. Teams will need time to create cap space just to get into the “Dak sweepstakes” even if he were a free agent. It’s too late to engineer a trade for anything significant. As often happens, teams hold on to assets too long. That NTC is a real problem. The Eagles will rue the day they gave Hurts a NTC in his new deal. I’ll bet all top QBs will seek the same going forward, like Tua, and Trevor.
There are at least ~12 teams that need/want a QB.
Not every team is going to be willing to take a gamble on an R1 guy.
Especially an outside top 3 R1 guy.
Some franchises have tried 2 or 3 times and that failed.
Right now Nix and Penix are hit or miss on draft boards as R1 at all.

The Jets drafted a QB 2nd overall and gave up after only 2 seasons to add AR.
The Bears just moved on from Fields to draft a QB first overall again after 3 seasons.

Dak is coming off a year in which he was 1st in TD passes in the league and 3rd in passing yardage.
And he did that with 9 INTs. That made him 2nd overall in quarterback rating AND in QBR.
Which led to a 2nd in MVP voting finish.

There is simply no world in which Dallas would trade Dak for that return. It is essentially a 1 round value. A 3rd this year is worth a 4th next. They'd get a 3rd next anyway.
If France shops Dak he will get teams interested pretty easily.
Cousins coming off an injury as a 35 year old(5 years older than Dak) was able to get 45M AAV and 90M GTD.

A team like the Raiders makes a ton of sense.
Aiden O'Connell or Minshaw?? Gross.
Take Nix or Penix at 13. Way too early.

Wanna trade up to 5 and ensure you get a guy? The cost is insane.
Or you flip 13 and a future pick to Dallas for 24 and Dak.

Pats? They can rebuild that team by trading down a couple or even 3 times and taking a very good OL.
Move some lightweight assets to meet Dallas TWO R2 asks and get Dak to compete again.

Saints? They have a QB 3 years older than Dak that is markedly worse as a player.
How much would they tip Dallas in a swap?
Both teams eat massive dead money but get benefit on new QBs they can extend restructure out for a few years at peanuts.

And we can sit and talk about how 55M AAV is too much but every rookie franchise guy is going to get or surpass that over the next couple seasons.

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
Would anyone like if DLlas got 2 1sts for Dak? Would you trade him for that?

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Dak sucks at 30 million much less 60M. The only front office he’s fooled is the Cowboy’s

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
You really don't have to be this dumb.
You just don't.
Entire internet out there full of ways to educate yourself. But it certainly will not be doing it as ill just put someone this goofy on ignore.
LOL

MVP
MVP
MVP!!

Dak.....Aaron Rogers....Tom Brady.... all the same.

LOL