What could we get for Zeke?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Umm. If he goes on the trading block that is exactly what Jerry would do.
That's the thing though, rather than putting him on the trading block, Jerry is resolute in letting Zeke sit out.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
At least a #1 and probably more. What do you think the fair market value would be for Zeke?

Less than he’s worth to us. No team is giving up premium draft picks to a RB they have to in turn make the highest paid RB. We may get a third that can bump up to a second from a bad team, possibly a second that can bump to a first from a good team.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
You are absolutely 100% sure of this?
Pretty sure. Even if some team agrees to Zeke's demands I don't see them also giving away a #1 draft pick to the Cowboys. For the Cowboys to trade him away would show how desperate they are. What team is a RB away from a SB? The non contenders...forget it. I don't think Zeke ever agrees to go there.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
3rd, possibly.

Teams will balk at his contract demands, me-first attitude, and off-the-field issues, thereby lowering his trade value.

lol, he's no different than most NFL players at his age.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You are absolutely 100% sure of this?

Its complete nonsense. All there has to be is a few teams that want him. And there are plenty of teams out there with huge cap space that are in desperate need of a top 3 RB. They would be lining up to trade for him and sign him. And lets not forget that leveon Bell did NOT get crazy money. His holdout actually didn't work out for him.

cern

Reaction score
the best way to find out is to allow his agent to put out feelers and see what kind of deal he comes up with on his own. but don't allow anything unless cowboys agree to it. aikman, romo and others have been allowed to do so. but not too many ended getting what they thought they might.

windjc

Reaction score
Less than he’s worth to us. No team is giving up premium draft picks to a RB they have to in turn make the highest paid RB. We may get a third that can bump up to a second from a bad team, possibly a second that can bump to a first from a good team.
Seems reasonable.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Maybe a late 1st rounder in the 20s. As great as Zeke is, a team would have to give up draft capital AND meet his contract demands. Tough sell. On top of that, assuming we get to this point, NFL teams would know the bridge has been burned between Zeke/Dallas so that would be used against Dallas in trade negotiations.

This is a trade that Dallas probably would not explore until weeks leading into the 2020 draft, if at all.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Pretty sure. Even if some team agrees to Zeke's demands I don't see them also giving away a #1 draft pick to the Cowboys. For the Cowboys to trade him away would show how desperate they are. What team is a RB away from a SB? The non contenders...forget it. I don't think Zeke ever agrees to go there.

Stop spewing around false information. You are dead wrong. There are several teams that are a RB away from a SB. Are the Jets a contender? No, but they signed Bell. Plenty of teams with huge cap space and young QB's that could use Zeke.

85Cowboy85

Reaction score
If we even got a single 1 I'd take it. I might deal him for less if push comes to shove, the bottom line is it's a bad deal to pay a running back long term regardless.

The one advantage the Cowboys have is they can wait him out. He's not playing on the franchise tag so they can take their time shopping him for the best deal.

windjc

Reaction score
Jaylon Smith is the same age as Zeke - 24. They couldn’t be more different.
Right. But this thread was about what the NFL market would give. Not what you and other posters on this forum would give.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
If someone offered up a 1st rounder i would consider it. A first plus a 3rd? i'm in. No way do i settle for less though. Zeke can sit at home and not collect anything for the next two years. No way am i trading him for pennies on the dollar though. Realistically i would imagine the teams that would be willing to part with a 1st rounder are going to be contending teams, meaning moving him only makes it tougher on the Cowboys playoff/superbowl chances.

John813

Reaction score
2nd round pick .

Not every team uses a bellcow and wants to pay a back big money . Look at Bell . Rumors are that Gase didn't even want him .