What could we get for Zeke?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
For the first time, I think a Zeke deal might not get done.

Jerry seems really irritated with him. And o don’t think Zeke or his agent will back down.

I was so jazzed to have the 4th pick in my fantasy draft this weekend. Now I have no idea what I’ll do with that pick.
Draft Pollard

mcmvp

Reaction score
Different position.

WR, Pass Rusher, LT, QB seem to be the positions that result in significant draft picks in recent years.

The Cowboys would likely get something decent for Zeke but less than many fans think.

Many fans and some media think: "Zeke is better than Herschel Walker. The Cowboys can get a boatload of picks for him".

That trade was also done prior to free agency and the salary cap. Also, the running back position is not valued at the same level now as it was then.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
With the possible exception of Commanders whacko Dan Snyder, nobody’s gonna offer a future 1st-rd pick for a guy who’s currently holding out on his rookie contract because he wants to be paid more money than any other RB in the league.

Your opinion.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Different position.

Teams are not anxious to give big contracts to RBs.
- Saquon Barkley's rookie contract is the 6th largest RB contract.
- There is long list of contracts larger than any rookie WR contract.

WR, Pass Rusher, LT, QB seem to be the positions that result in significant draft picks in recent years.

The Cowboys would likely get something decent for Zeke but less than many fans think.

Many fans and some media think: "Zeke is better than Herschel Walker. The Cowboys can get a boatload of picks for him".

Yep he plays a different position, so what? Actually the fact that you can build an offense around Zeke makes him more valuable then an aging receiver.

I haven't heard ONE person talk about the Walker deal. Do you know how much they got for Walker?

1st and 3rd would be easy to get.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
At least a #1 and probably more. What do you think the fair market value would be for Zeke?

At least a #1 probably a little more. If he was traded the team trading would have him a minimum 2 years because his 5th year option is picked up. I could see a serious contender taking the gamble for 2 seasons if they thought Zeke would put them over the top

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
LOL...for a running back with 3 years of tread on his tires? Pass the pipe!

Who's a physical speciman, strong & fast, can run over/jump over defenders, can get 1,500 easy. Not to mention his threat as a reciever. You obviously need a hit of acid to change your reality from a deep self induced coma.

irishline

Reaction score
Right. But this thread was about what the NFL market would give. Not what you and other posters on this forum would give.

Right. But (to my knowledge) none of us work in that NFL market you brought up so therefore what you are getting is the opinions of what people on this forum thinks it would give.

As you can see by the varied responses what you are reading is pretty much what the posters would give. I mean at this point in the thread we go from a third all the way up to two firsts and a third in a trade.

Unless I am missing something, the last time a NFL running back fetched a first round pick in a trade (not counting draft) was 2002. The Dolphins for Ricky Williams (which was a 1st and 3rd with escalators).

Edit: I am wrong the Colts gave up a 1st for Trent Richardson... that worked well.

Last edited:

GenoT

Reaction score
Idk I could be wrong but i feel like if you offer Zeke to the chiefs for a 1st they accept it and print superbowl tickets.
That’s a possibility...as long as KC would be willing to accept Zeke’s contract terms. Remember, if traded, he can hold out in KC just as easy as he can in Dallas.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Seattle should take a run at him. They have 20m in cap space available this season and 60 next year. it would be beast mode all over again in Seattle except they now have a seasoned pro in Russel Wilson and not Wilson as a rookie or 2nd year player like they did with Lynch. Zeke runs for 1800+ yards in Seatlle and we get at least a 1st and a 3rd and probably a decent player too. Plus we get rid of the headache Zeke has become

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Who's a physical speciman, strong & fast, can run over/jump over defenders, can get 1,500 easy. Not to mention his threat as a reciever. You obviously need a hit of acid to change your reality from a deep self induced coma.

And yet, whenever someone says anything positive about Zeke you bring up the Rams game as some sort of retort.

I'm starting to wonder if you have a split personality.

GenoT

Reaction score
Yes they wiil and prob more. Name 1 back in the league (besides Barkley) with Zeke's total skillset with the speed/power he has.
You might get a 1 and 3 from someone. But whoever might do that trade would also have to meet Zeke’s current contract demands(?), or else what’s to stop him from continuing his holdout?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep he plays a different position, so what? Actually the fact that you can build an offense around Zeke makes him more valuable then an aging receiver.

I haven't heard ONE person talk about the Walker deal. Do you know how much they got for Walker?

1st and 3rd would be easy to get.

There are only 3 RBs getting paid over 9M per year.

Team's don't appear anxious to pay RBs the 15M+ per year that Zeke is demanding.

Teams are moving towards having 2 or 3 RBs with in the mid tier pay range.

Example
49ers
7.5M
4.25M
3.9M

Not
15M

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Right before the trade deadline (week 6 or so?) I think his trade value would be max for a team who needs a RB bad. And Zeke would have to report to get a year of service. I would expect a 1st and maybe a later round pick if there was some competition for his services. Some team might trade for him just to keep him from a competitor. Sit on him for 9 games for roughly 9/16 of $3.8M, roughly $2M cap hit.

A really desperate team could give up a 1st and 3rd around the trade deadline. That team could trade him the following year for a 2nd maybe.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Seattle should take a run at him. They have 20m in cap space available this season and 60 next year. it would be beast mode all over again in Seattle except they now have a seasoned pro in Russel Wilson and not Wilson as a rookie or 2nd year player like they did with Lynch. Zeke runs for 1800+ yards in Seatlle and we get at least a 1st and a 3rd and probably a decent player too. Plus we get rid of the headache Zeke has become
no they wont,they got 3 good RBs right now.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There are only 3 RBs getting paid over 9M per year.

Team's don't appear anxious to pay RBs the 15M+ per year that Zeke is demanding.

Teams are moving towards having 2 or 3 RBs with in the mid tier pay range.

Example
49ers
7.5M
4.25M
3.9M

Not
15M

Bell didn't get paid that. He may or he may not. Only takes one.