What Cowboys/NFL injuries have you personally suffered before?

Nav22

Reaction score
Sprained ankle. First and only one I’ve ever had and it was 4.5 weeks ago at the ripe old age of 36. Was a pretty bad sprain and had me in a walking boot for several days after it happened. Still feeling it a tad but almost fully healed, taking my sweet time until it gets to 100% before I play sports again.

Calf strain. Happened this year in July, kept me away from basketball for a couple weeks and I‘ve worn a compression sleeve on that leg when playing since then. Biggest thing is stretching and hydrating thoroughly to minimize the risk of that happening again.

Broken finger. Wasn’t a huge deal since it was my ring finger on my left hand and I’m right handed, it was also the tip of my finger so the hand wasn’t too immobile. Healed in a month or so.

Sprained toe. Was hard to walk for a few days but it healed in 10 days or so.

I think that’s about it besides countless jammed fingers over the years. I’ve been very lucky with injuries overall, but they seem to be piling up the older I get.

Reactions: CWR

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Knee surgeries on both knees, Medial collateral tears ( years apart ). Broke wrist ( both ulnar and radius ).

Flamma

Reaction score
Sprained ankles, jammed fingers, contusions, and a couple of concussions. Nothing serious, thankfully. I was never prone to injury. The worst injury I had was a sprained ankle that had me on crutches to 2 weeks. And I got that playing basketball.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Grade 2 Turf Toe, which was no joke. When i started running again i had to tape part of a popsicle stick across my first 2 toes for stabilization. Also couple pulled hamstrings, no fun at all.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
I tore my left Achilles in mid 2013, age 19 and haven't been able to jump much since. People laugh because my basketball jump shot is pretty much a set shot these days.

I fractured my knee riding down a hill at a park with a skateboard when I was 10 in 2004.

In July or August 2016 I suffered a hairline fracture of my right tibia while getting up from the toilet seat to use the toilet paper my leg hit smack into one of the sides of the toilet paper roll dispenser and broke it off. I'm not much of a handyman so I couldn't fix it, either.

Oh yeah and I had a badly sprained right ankle in 8th grade in 2009 from playing an impromptu game of basketball in dress attire... dumb mistake on my part. I blocked a kid Alex's jump shot from about the free throw line and my foot came down very awkwardly on Alex's foot.

And then just this year I suffered a bunch of fractured and bruised and sprained fingers and an array of temporary flesh wounds from hitting an 8 foot tall whitetail deer going 75mph on the interstate on Halloween night through southern Illinois.

Last edited:

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Micro-fracture surgery on my left knee in the 90’s it’s great (ish) now.

A torn hamstring about 15 years back to the point that it was black and blue from the top of my thigh to my calf for about a 6 weeks.

I have a Brian Baldinger pinky that points perpendicular from my hand.

Some sprained ankles here and there.

All were from basketball except the knee.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I've had plantar fasciitis. I also broke my foot once while practicing for Powder Puff football in high school.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
For the last 25 years, I think all Cowboys fans have suffered from bruised expectations, painful disappointment, and “here’s to next year” syndrome. Only winning a bunch of playoff games can heal us!
Perfect post!!! :hammer::clap::clap:

blueblood70

Reaction score
I got to thinking that I have seen Zoners here post about how they have torn their plantar fascia or Achilles or ACL before. Needless to say, plenty of us have had concussions before.

What injuries have you had in common with a particular Cowboy?
3 meniscus surgeries in 2 knees, new acl in my right knee in 2018 and im 51 Hernia surgery this year, both shoulders have small tears in the labrum but fight though it and still wakeboard, surf, snowboard, and other activities. I have had several mild concussions but nothing to awful bad, i have thick head LOL

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
Tib / Fib fracture in 1999. Surgical repair. It was right at the ankle and my foot was turned a weird angle like Dak's was. Got pins and plates in there. Good repair job by my doc.

Tore my right knee up on a dirt bike back in the 70's. I was early to mid 20's. Decided not to do surgery (I think it was a partial tear of the MCL). It has never been right. Never been able to really jump since then. I was out of work several months and had an immobilizer. Wish I'd had it fixed right.

Had a helluva stinger this past winter. Building a carport for my son and tripped on a root coming off a ladder, fell straight back and hit the back of my head on a concrete block (I am 67 and getting that old man clumsies). Everything went numb, paralyzed for 20 seconds or so. Couldn't talk, really dinged. Headaches for several weeks.

Last edited:

HungryLion

Reaction score
Bruised ribs

Plantar fasciitis

torn meniscus

broken fifth metatarsal

dislocated pinky

JayFord

Reaction score
For the last 25 years, I think all Cowboys fans have suffered from bruised expectations, painful disappointment, and “here’s to next year” syndrome. Only winning a bunch of playoff games can heal us!
i can honestly say ive only had painful disappointment once in the past 20 years

and that 2008 team was the one.....ive seen some bad Cowboys teams and their record wasnt even bad it was just how they finished the season that makes them the worst Cowboys team imo

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I got to thinking that I have seen Zoners here post about how they have torn their plantar fascia or Achilles or ACL before. Needless to say, plenty of us have had concussions before.

Pooping the bed?

JayFord

Reaction score
I split the top of my pinky in half 26 years ago

got surgery on it, suited back up 2 days later with a cast and played

i was a kid back then though

phildadon86

Reaction score

Fractured Orbital bone, Broken nose, fractures of my 5th metacarpal (3 times both hands), torn ACL/MCL, fractured elbow, 2 concussions, broken toes countless times, 3 fractured ribs and open heart surgery for an ASD closure (non sports related but figured id throw it in) lol. Competing in martial arts and playing high level soccer really leaves a lot of scars.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Grade 3 shoulder separation like Emmett with 9 broken ribs and 2 punctured lungs all at the same time

mathew1184

Reaction score
I haven't had many, Ive broken my collarbone, and cracked ribs, before. I also have a bulging disc in my lower back.

shabazz

Reaction score
Torn bicep surgery
3 shoulder surgeries
Torn tendon foot surgery
Double carpal tunnel surgery
Sports Hernia surgery
Disc fusion neck surgery
Too many broken ribs, fingers and toes to count

Motocross, Ice hockey,football, and aircraft mechanic is no way to go through life.