What do have to look forward to?

shabazz

Reaction score
Okay I'm going to try and be positive Yes we will have the same quarterback but he will not have to rehab an injury in the off-season and can concentrate on getting his confidence back and improving his game.

Zeke it's not the same player but maybe after his injury totally heals he may be somewhat improved next year.

I'm looking forward to the draft hopefully we draft a defensive or offensive lineman I know it would be too much to hope for the for them to draft both.

Lastly I'm looking forward to the eagles screwing up all three of their first round draft picks and us making the playoffs for the second year in a row

Well done…..sounds like an optimistic but reasonable estimate. I wish I could add that we are going to get meaningful FA help but I don’t want to go overboard

Edit…..forgot to add that Brady definitely and Rodgers possibly, won’t be in the NFC next season

Section446

Reaction score
If we didn’t have the same QB there wouldn’t be anything to look forward to except a real rough season dealing with a bad QB situation that could lead to years of struggles and wasted draft picks. All we can do as fans is a hold on to hope which is what we do every year. The draft usually bring some optimism or it could add to the discouragement If you don’t like our some our picks. It’s way too early to start feeling encouraged about next season. The wounds are still festering from our playoff loss. It’s going take a few months to start getting over it. The growing number of fans that don’t believe in Dak are going to have a tough time getting motivated for next season because the Cowboys invested big in him and he’s not going anywhere. You might as well pull for him instead of trashing him and hope he bounces back next season.
You're right, here's to another season of under-performing when the lights are the brightest... Go Dak!

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Micah and diggs both have an added year in their development......ceedee also. Dan Quinn further implementing his tough and dna all over the defense. Possibly a new play caller. It’s not as dire of a situation as made out here

CCBoy

Reaction score
This has to change, yesterday...

The Cowboys should be able to trust Zuerlein to make field goals. No one is saying this isn’t true. But it is an insanely different and more depressing level of disappointment to know that they can’t even trust him for extra points. Keeping him around (he is under contract through 2022) is only playing with fire.

Comparing the Cowboys to one of the Super Bowl teams, just look at what rookie Evan McPherson has meant to the Cincinnati Bengals (+4) He is a perfect 12 for 12 on field goals throughout the postseason. Consider that at no point throughout his two-year career with the Cowboys has Greg Zuerlein ever made 12 consecutive field goals.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...a-point-kicker-in-nfl-last-season-john-fassel

Special Teams Coach, Fassel likes to use fake punts with runs and passes...Anger doesn't present that aspect.

The simple reason for this is that Anger isn’t great at fake punts. He had attempted just two passes in his nine seasons before coming to Dallas, and had just two rushing attempts as well. If the Cowboys want to take this unit to the next level and fully reach into Fassel’s bag of tricks, they’ll need a punter who can pose a threat on those fake punts. That may mean moving on from Anger, even after such a good season.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...ms-2022-greg-zuerlein-john-fassel-bryan-anger

Michael Gehlken
@GehlkenNFL

Transaction not formally processed yet, but Cowboys are signing kicker Chris Naggar (nuh-GAR) to a Reserve/Future contract, source said. Competition for Greg Zuerlein. Naggar impressed at SMU pro day last year with two FGs of 60-plus yards. Arlington native also punted in college

Perhaps Naggar can come out of nowhere like McPherson did this year, but signing a young player to a futures deal isn’t really giving Zuerlein competition.

loggingtheboys.com/2022/2/5/22912404/three-areas-improvement-dallas-cowboys-special-teams-2022-greg-zuerlein-john-fassel-bryan-anger

Flamma

Reaction score
Trying to figure out something positive to focus on for next year but it’s kind of hard..

1. We will have the same QB

2. Zeke clearly isn’t the same HB and they don’t want to use Pollard for whatever reason

3. Probably getting rid of Cooper

4. Dallas doesn’t do agree agency anymore

So what is there exactly to look forward to besides being a fan just because we’ve always been fans

The draft. Seeing how players develop. If our D plays similar, they're fun to watch. Hoping we have a new OC. Jerry turning 80.

Hardline

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing the Texas Longhorns and their 5th rated recruiting class with three 5 star offensive linemen and the #1 rated QB in the nation.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
micah parsons

he is the only thing i can think tbh until cowboys can move on from dak and his contract
Then root for another team. Your constant whining is annoying. Ignore Ignited!

GMO415

Reaction score
Trying to figure out something positive to focus on for next year but it’s kind of hard..

2. Zeke clearly isn’t the same HB and they don’t want to use Pollard for whatever reason

So what is there exactly to look forward to besides being a fan just because we’ve always been fans
NFCE champion
1st round loss in the playoffs again due to "name the excuse."

blueblood70

Reaction score

im looking forward to a bunch of sorry fans with bad miserable Debbie downer attitudes jumping off the bandwagon and canceling their accounts on these Cowboy websites.

good riddance!

ICP

Reaction score
A long offseason and even longer regar season, it's the Cowboy way
:thumbup:

TwentyOne

Reaction score

1. JJ will have us at Forbes #1 for another year!
2. We will be taught by SJ about the complexity of the salary cap in detail.
3. If 1. & 2. is not enough, we will be able to share new pictures of JJ and his Yacht.

RoyalCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sucks to be you man. Sounds like you need to focus on other things outside of this team then. I love football and our boys too much. I am tuned in and ready every year!