What do have to look forward to?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I look forward to the draft, being entertained during the season and participation in this website. As far as being in a Super Bowl, I don't expect to enjoy such an event in my lifetime, although miracles do happen upon very rare occasions. I just find it's easier to enjoy the entertainment that a season brings and being a member here. If a winning season and a division championship comes with it, so much the better. As long as Jerry and son Stephen are in charge with the Cowboys, I expect nothing more than being entertained. Bitter disappointment can often be avoided within that mindset.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I look forward to the draft, being entertained during the season and participation in this website. As far as being in a Super Bowl, I don't expect to enjoy such an event in my lifetime, although miracles do happen upon very rare occasions. I just find it's easier to enjoy the entertainment that a season brings and being a member here. If a winning season and a division championship comes with it, so much the better. As long as Jerry and Stephen are in charge of management with the Cowboys, I expect nothing more than being entertained. Bitter disappointment can be avoided in that manner.

I respect your stance but I’m not sure how watching a dysfunctional organization is entertaining. It’s mostly frustrating for me.

As long as there are fans like you, Jerry will be as happy as a clam.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I respect your stance but I’m not sure how watching a dysfunctional organization is entertaining. It’s mostly frustrating for me.

As long as there are fans like you, Jerry will be happy as a clam.

I'm not concerned with making Jerry happy. I'm happy being entertained and chatting here. Otherwise, there's no point in following this team. Why do you bother to follow this team if it makes you miserable? What do you want to get from being a fan? If you're not a fan, why watch the games or come here? If you control your expectations, don't you think it might help? It helps me . . . maybe you should try it. ;)

Last edited:

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I'm not concerned with making Jerry happy. I'm happy being entertained and chatting here. Otherwise, there's no point in following this team. Why do you bother to follow this team if it makes you miserable? What do you want to get from being a fan? If you're not a fan, why watch the games or come here? If you control your expectations, don't you think it might help?

It’s an addiction really. I still enjoy winning, but I don’t believe in the organization anymore so I have no faith the winning will ultimately get us anywhere. That makes it frustrating.

I just wish we had a more demanding fan base. The level of success this team has had over the last quarter century doesn’t deserve sell-outs and record jersey sales. It’s all just a massive facade.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It’s an addiction really. I still enjoy winning, but I don’t believe in the organization anymore so I have no faith the winning will ultimately get us anywhere. That makes it frustrating.

I just wish we had a more demanding fan base. The level of success this team has had over the last quarter century doesn’t deserve sell-outs and record jersey sales. It’s all just a massive facade.

I don't really believe it's an addiction that you can't control. You must be getting something out of it if you keep feeding your habit with it. You really should do yourself a favor and take winning less seriously and enjoy whatever you can from watching your chosen team play. Winning is never guaranteed. Try being good to yourself . . . :rolleyes:

Expecting to win is the best way to invite frustration! Do yourself a favor and lower your expectations to being entertained. You'll be much happier. I like myself enough to find ways to enjoy the little things life has to offer. Try it -- you'll like it. If you don't, you'll just keep being unhappy. You don't need that.

Last edited:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
why ask what do we have to look forward too? Seems more of a personal view and opinion. The OP pretty much answers his own question with feeling there is no reason to look forward to the next season. Not everyone shares that view but if you really are not looking forward to the season then do what Sean Payton did, take the season off

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I don't really believe it's an addiction that you can't control. You must be getting something out of it if you keep feeding your habit with it. You really should do yourself a favor and take winning less seriously and enjoy whatever you can from watching your chosen team play. Winning is never guaranteed.

Expecting to win is the best way to invite frustration! Do yourself a favor and lower your expectations to being entertained. You'll be much happier. I like myself enough to find ways to enjoy the little things life has to offer. Try it -- you'll like it. If you don't, you'll just be unhappy.

I’m 42 next week. I’ve been tempering expectations for 20 years or so. I certainly don’t live or die with wins or losses anymore. That ended decades ago.

My issue is more of an existential one with the organization. I quit financially supporting this team 10-15 years ago. Now I’m wondering if my time is even worth giving this organization. If I felt they were actually trying to win championships I’d still be all in. But it’s obvious they aren’t.

I respect your stance but I can’t give this organization a free pass the rest of my life.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
why ask what do we have to look forward too? Seems more of a personal view and opinion. The OP pretty much answers his own question with feeling there is no reason to look forward to the next season. Not everyone shares that view but if you really are not looking forward to the season then do what Sean Payton did, take the season off

Good thinking but maybe he's asking for help more than expressing a helpless feeling?! I've faced much the same problem and managed to find a way to compensate my former frustrations of losing. I see it as much like a movie that I enjoy now. Maybe it's not for everyone, though!? ;)

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I’m 42 next week. I’ve been tempering expectations for 20 years or so. I certainly don’t live or die with wins or losses anymore. That ended decades ago.

My issue is more of an existential one with the organization. I quit financially supporting this team 10-15 years ago. Now I’m wondering if my time is even worth giving this organization. If I felt they were actually trying to win championships I’d still be all in. But it’s obvious they aren’t.

I respect your stance but I can’t give this organization a free pass the rest of my life.

There's nothing forcing you to keep suffering with a team that you've become resentful of. Maybe following another team would be preferable.

I've lost all respect for the way the Cowboys' organization is run but I still enjoy the games enough to put my distaste for the organization aside and seek pleasure any way I can.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Good thinking but maybe he's asking for help more than expressing a helpless feeling?! I've faced much the same problem and managed to find a way to compensate my former frustrations of losing. I see it as much like a movie that I enjoy now. Maybe it's not for everyone, though!? ;)

I'm not much into the personal feelings game, nothing I can do or say will change how anyone around here feels. If you think it is hopeless then so be it, other people view do not change my own views. I think there is a lot of work to do this offseason but expect this team to improve on this past season. We will lose some guys no doubt but I see this far from hopeless situation

quickccc

Reaction score
I like Pollard but if he it to get a bigger role in the run game he will need to use this off season to improve his blocking and ability to pick up blitzers. Does not have to be all world but he must improve

- Because we have not seen Pollard as a full time, game to game basis starter, ..it remains to be seen how he compares and measures vs starters such as Dalvin Cook,
Jon Taylor, McCaffrey, Cam Akers, Aaron Jones, Dillon, Joe Mixon, Antonio Gibson, Josh Jacobs Chris Carson Alvin Kamara, etc, etc.

- Some of these aforementioned guys are probably just as equal, only just a bit more or a bit less than what Pollard is.
But Tony gets so stood out with blitz blocking comparisons because Elliott has been so very effective at it, for so long that he 's
measured among the very best blitz blockers if not the best in NFL in that area,
..and we've become spoil at it, even we see ZEK has a rare, unusual bad blocking day.

quickccc

Reaction score
I like Pollard but if he it to get a bigger role in the run game he will need to use this off season to improve his blocking and ability to pick up blitzers. Does not have to be all world but he must improve

- With Pollard i think we need to consider the overall whole picture, and he doesn't have to start full time to have a bigger role, he doesn't have to collect the biggest touches and
carries to become a more bigger impact. It's more what and how much he does "when" he gets those key touches vs run or pass, .in the flow of the game and certain package situations.
Imo, He should be at the very least been an Aaron Jones, Austin Ekeler type

Doomsday101

Reaction score
- With Pollard i think we need to consider the overall whole picture, and he doesn't have to start full time to have a bigger role, he doesn't have to collect the biggest touches and
carries to become a more bigger impact. It's more what and how much he does "when" he gets those key touches vs run or pass, .in the flow of the game and certain package situations.
Imo, He should be at the very least been an Aaron Jones, Austin Ekeler type

But to take on a bigger load he has to be able to do a better job in picking up blitz, asking a player to work on certain aspects of their game to make them better players. I don't accept that a player can't improve aspects of their game, it just takes work

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm not much into the personal feelings game, nothing I can do or say will change how anyone around here feels. If you think it is hopeless then so be it, other people view do not change my own views. I think there is a lot of work to do this offseason but expect this team to improve on this past season. We will lose some guys no doubt but I see this far from hopeless situation

Yeah, I still hope for improvement and haven't given up on the team from that aspect. I wouldn't keep watching the games and coming to this website if I didn't get some personal pleasure out of it. I don't see our situation as hopeless, either, although winning a Super Bowl isn't really a necessary ingredient to my being satisfied with the team. I think some of us take football and winning way too seriously. I love the game but what my team does isn't important enough to control my needs for finding happiness. I think many fans here take being a world champ way too seriously. Life is too short for that.

J_Allen

Reaction score
We never have anything to look forward to. So we need to hit them where it hurts. Stop following this team. I certainly am. I've wasted enough time on them.

Rayman70

Reaction score
tenor.gif
more of this.

Rayman70

Reaction score
We never have anything to look forward to. So we need to hit them where it hurts. Stop following this team. I certainly am. I've wasted enough time on them.
AMEN. paper champions every year,kings of the draft...and same results without fail.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yeah, I still hope for improvement and haven't given up on the team from that aspect. I wouldn't keep watching the games and coming to this website if I didn't get some personal pleasure out of it. I don't see our situation as hopeless, either, although winning a Super Bowl isn't really a necessary ingredient to my being satisfied with the team. I think some of us take football and winning way too seriously. I love the game but what my team does isn't important enough to control my needs for finding happiness. I think many fans here take being a world champ way too seriously. Life is too short for that.

Ultimately it is about SB but it is also about improving as a team, McCarthy has been here 2 years 6-10 1st season with a lot of injuries, now year 2 12-5 and now heading into year 3 I do expect more not less.