What do these people have to do to make you happy?

IslandCowboy

Reaction score
Beat teams that aren't playing second stringers. Any records this season don't count IMO there was an extra game AND because of COVID we played teams that had an unusually large number of starters out ala Washington both times. The only games this season outside of the Falcons who aren't even in the playoffs where Dak destroyed a team was Washington and Philly last night and both times each team was basically playing their entire second string when we were not. So I will be happy when we beat a team like the chiefs or Green Bay convincingly and Dak plays well against a team that is very good, isn't comprised of second stringers, AND HE PLAYS CONSISTENTLY THEOGUHOUT THE ENTIRE GAME AND DOESNT WAIT TO THE FOURTH QYARTER TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO PLAY FOOTBALL which is what he does Farrer to often.

The Realist

Reaction score
I'm saying there were 17 games played to get those records. Did everyone play every game on the teams that previously held the records?

What records? We’re not talking about breaking the single season passing, rushing, receiving, sack or interception record.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
Besides winning the whole shabang, getting to the NFC Championship game would make me happy. That would show this team has what it takes moving forward.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
They were not in control of who PHL put out there against them tonight, they were only in control of what they knew that had to accomplish to get some confidence back.

Their performances should be judged relative to the competition they played against. They executed against sub par opposition, and looked good doing it. A good tune up for the playoffs. But we shouldn't mistake today for what will happen in the playoffs.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
i would be happy if kellen gets a HC shot in another team , and spared us from a 10 year 'training on the job' disaster.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Prescott set the passing TD record for the team, throws for 5 for his first time and he looked comfortable and sharp. His WR's were making the catches for him.

Elliott was a hammer tonight and went after that 1000 yard mark with tenacity.

Moore called a good game, had 29 rushes and they scored 51 and will lead the NFL in scoring.

And yet, the negative comments keep coming about these 3 specifically when they took care of business and swept the East for the first time in 26 years with a ridiculous point differential.

Have you conditioned yourself to just not be happy with them no matter what they do?

They were not in control of who PHL put out there against them tonight, they were only in control of what they knew that had to accomplish to get some confidence back.

McC and his staff got the players to play with fire in their belly, to get their offensive swagger back and go into this first playoff game on an upswing and feeling good about their team.

Man, I swear, some of you would hammer them if they won it all with "well that's fine but what are they doing next year"?

I watched this game tonight with one goal in mind, get my belief back, get that mojo back that I feel they will win this first game whoever they play. I got that so I can't be negative about anything they did, they surprised me with being ready to play that game and it didn't matter who was on the field against them.

Note: This is my thread as a poster and has nothing to do with being a mod.

Grab happy when it presents itself and hanging 51 on Philly in Philly should make us all happy. Sweeping the East should make us all happy. You deserve to be happy, take it if only for a week.

Some of those Zoners are only here to bash specific players or spread misinformation about their performance on any given Sunday. Or just flat out lie about them which indicates that it is personal for them for whatever reasons. The mods can do more to prevent this type of toxic discourse but in the meantime I don’t hesitate to put them on ignore.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Prescott set the passing TD record for the team, throws for 5 for his first time and he looked comfortable and sharp. His WR's were making the catches for him.

Moore called a good game, had 29 rushes and they scored 51 and will lead the NFL in scoring.

And yet, the negative comments keep coming about these 3 specifically when they took care of business and swept the East for the first time in 26 years with a ridiculous point differential.

Have you conditioned yourself to just not be happy with them no matter what they do?

McC and his staff got the players to play with fire in their belly, to get their offensive swagger back and go into this first playoff game on an upswing and feeling good about their team.

Man, I swear, some of you would hammer them if they won it all with "well that's fine but what are they doing next year"?

I watched this game tonight with one goal in mind, get my belief back, get that mojo back that I feel they will win this first game whoever they play. I got that so I can't be negative about anything they did, they surprised me with being ready to play that game and it didn't matter who was on the field against them.

Grab happy when it presents itself and hanging 51 on Philly in Philly should make us all happy. Sweeping the East should make us all happy. You deserve to be happy, take it if only for a week.
Garbage stats....:D

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Some of us have admittedly claimed the bar has been lowered for our once proud football franchise .

And this season in the midst of our down era is a beaming light breaking out from the dungeon. One in which we’ve rekindled the SB hype and brought some swagger back to a frustrated fan base.

We haven’t felt similar to this since maybe 2018, 2016, 2014 or 2007 which all ended in the Divisional round in the playoffs . But we were one game away from playing in a championship game which we haven’t seen since our last SB appearance.

This season many fans have sensed something might be different. Whether it’s an opportunistic defense or a #1 offense . Which throughout this era our top 10 offenses have carried our franchise to whatever success we have had.

So, in the spirit ole CC is trying to project here, there is something to be grateful for. We had a season which won our 6th division title in 21st Century heading into the playoffs which appears about all we can hope for this era. Perhaps we should be happy under the circumstances with our dysfunctional organization and ownership.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Some of us have admittedly claimed the bar has been lowered for our once proud football franchise .

And this season in the midst of our down era is a beaming light breaking out from the dungeon. One in which we’ve rekindled the SB hype and brought some swagger back to a frustrated fan base.

We haven’t felt similar to this since maybe 2018, 2019, 2014 or 2007 which all ended in the Divisional round in the playoffs . But we were one game away from playing in a championship game which we haven’t seen since our last SB appearance.

This season many fans have sensed something might be different. Whether it’s an opportunistic defense or a #1 offense . Which throughout this era our top 10 offenses have carried our franchise to whatever success we have had.

So, in the spiritual ole CC is trying to project here, there is something to be great full for. We had a season which won our 6th division title in 21st Century heading into the playoffs which appears about all we can hope for this era. Perhaps we should be happy under the circumstances with our dysfunctional organization and ownership.

I don't remember the last time I felt this excited about the Cowboys. Maybe 2014 or 2007. But that's about it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't remember the last time I felt this excited about the Cowboys. Maybe 2014 or 2007. But that's about it.
Some excitement is better than none . This has been a fun season compared to the last couple ones . It is cause for some happiness regardless how it ends.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Some excitement is better than none . This has been a fun season compared to the last couple ones . It is cause for some happiness regardless how it ends.

I said this in a previous thread, but I reckon some posters are just furious they can't play with their draftft simulator rubbish yet. As for Philly!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What’s interesting today is how the teams ahead of us shake out. And will we stay at 4 seed or move up.

So, who are we rooting for to play next week . AZ, LA, SF or Phil. Any scenarios are possible .

Perhaps this deserves its own thread ?

DStar22

Reaction score

A win in Superbowl number 6.

Then I will not be happy until number 7. and then 8. I demand excellence from my beloved team.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
What’s interesting today is how the teams ahead of us shake out. And will we stay at 4 seed or move up.

So, who are we rooting for to play next week . AZ, LA, SF or Phil. Any scenarios are possible .

Perhaps this deserves its own thread ?

Sadly, I must work today because my job needs me (really tired too after all the flying i did yesterday)

nobody

Reaction score
I knew a blowout win against the bench from Egirls would bring the swagger and SB hype back.

This feels similar to after the Wash game. Enjoy the win. We’re rolling going into the playoffs now :)

My brain is telling me they won't make the NFCC for a variety of reasons. My heart and spirit want them to. I hope to enjoy the ride whatever the results.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nothing Dak does that’s good will make the haters happy. If we won the Super Bowl with him they would say we won in spite of him. They’ll bring up some of the average QBs that won Super Bowls to try and make a point.
True. But who cares? Everyone should just be themselves as a Cowboys fan.

There are a few people on this site who love stirring people up more than they love the Cowboys. Some others here only accept their version of what being a loyal fan means and “never is heard a discouraging word”. Doesn’t matter. Just be yourself.