What do u guys think about Wades Blitzing scheme?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
lookit....Brady set CAREER HIGHS....Welker set CAREER HIGHS....I love the optimism of some of you guy's....but not many outside of Dallas is buying it. THe Pats are playing the Commanders in 2 weeks...in New England....I am going to gurantee the following: they will not come close to embarssing the Commanders defense like they did ours. Did you see the high flying Detroit offense against Washington. Or did you catch that same Eagle offense that torched Detroit for 56 against the SKins? Whether it is scheme or personell....only a blind man would suggest that we are adjusting or it is all new or we have injuries. Sunday's defensive performance from the coaching staff to the players was an EMBARASSMENT....and clowns like Patrick Crayton throwing out these guarantees sound like idiots. Like I said in an earlier post...we have frauds on this team..with fake bravado. Wade took a lot of shots at Bellicheck...TO did end zone celebrations mocking him...they KICKED our ARSE in our own backyard. And since I am on a roll I will just tell you who I think the frauds are...TO, Bradie James, Roy Williams, Marcus Spears. These guys run there mouths too much for my taste. Jason Witten and Barber and Romo and Ware and Newman and Ratliff don't do nearly as much woofing as those other guys...but their performance gives them a right to woof. I am sick of several of these so called ballers on this team

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
bbailey423;1715980 said:
lookit....Brady set CAREER HIGHS....Welker set CAREER HIGHS....I love the optimism of some of you guy's....but not many outside of Dallas is buying it. THe Pats are playing the Commanders in 2 weeks...in New England....I am going to gurantee the following: they will not come close to embarssing the Commanders defense like they did ours. Did you see the high flying Detroit offense against Washington. Or did you catch that same Eagle offense that torched Detroit for 56 against the SKins? Whether it is scheme or personell....only a blind man would suggest that we are adjusting or it is all new or we have injuries. Sunday's defensive performance from the coaching staff to the players was an EMBARASSMENT....and clowns like Patrick Crayton throwing out these guarantees sound like idiots. Like I said in an earlier post...we have frauds on this team..with fake bravado. Wade took a lot of shots at Bellicheck...TO did end zone celebrations mocking him...they KICKED our ARSE in our own backyard. And since I am on a roll I will just tell you who I think the frauds are...TO, Bradie James, Roy Williams, Marcus Spears. These guys run there mouths too much for my taste. Jason Witten and Barber and Romo and Ware and Newman and Ratliff don't do nearly as much woofing as those other guys...but their performance gives them a right to woof. I am sick of several of these so called ballers on this team

Get ready to duck, but I'm ducking with you.:D I agree.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
The only thing I dont like about the defensive scheme is the 7 to 10 yard cushions being given to WRs. They need to make teams fight and earn their yards, they are playing way too soft. Almost EVERY single time an opponent gets a 5 or 10 yard penalty or sacked on first down, they throw a little dump off and pick up 7 to 12 yards of it with little to no struggle. Teams are in way too many 3rd and 4 or less situations for my liking. What is the point of playing aggressive up front if teams can just throw quick 5 yard passes to wide open WRs?

khiladi

Reaction score
bbailey423;1715980 said:
lookit....Brady set CAREER HIGHS....Welker set CAREER HIGHS....I love the optimism of some of you guy's....but not many outside of Dallas is buying it. THe Pats are playing the Commanders in 2 weeks...in New England....I am going to gurantee the following: they will not come close to embarssing the Commanders defense like they did ours. Did you see the high flying Detroit offense against Washington.

Have you seen Detroit's offensive line play? You just have to generate a tad of pressure, and will have Kitna running for his life all day... Detroit is a bunch of pretenders... Philadelphia put up what on Detroit? Like 50 something odd points, and man-handled the Detroit offense... Seriously, what are you smoking?

While I don't doubt the score being lower than against the Cowboys, this will be for a couple reasons:

1. Commanders plays ball control, i.e. smash-mouth football. The TOP will not be as lop-sided.
2. The Commanders can't score like our offense
3. The Commanders secondary as a whole right now, is better than our injured secondary

But their offensive line is too banged up for them to win...

khiladi

Reaction score
superpunk;1715912 said:
That's exactly what I was thinking.

It's no wonder referees have such a difficult job. Really, all of us *know* what holding is when we see it. We know what a block in the back is. But the NFL has gotten so 1984 in their rules, that you see something like Brady's tuck (which we all *know* was a fumble) but because of some bizarre technicality it isn't. You see Ware getting held, but because he "fought through the hold" it isn't a hold.

I mean, the second I saw Flozell get beat and take Warren to the ground, I knew the play was over on Sunday. That sort of blatant stuff should be getting called all day. Instead, we have obscure half-penalties that aren't even committed playside that continue to negate huge plays that they had nothing to do with.

It's to the point where as fans we can't celebrate when a big play goes down without looking pensively to the bottom of the screen waiting for that yellow laundry signal. NBC compounds this heart-attack by making their signals for Touchdown and Flag the exact same graphic.

It's really getting bad. They need to get back to having the officials being as small a part of the game as possible. If that means we go back to the days of Ty Law raping Marvin Harrison and Michael Irvin physically abusing DBs - so be it. I'm sick of my viewing experience including "wait for the flag" time.

:bow:

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
khiladi;1716044 said:
Have you seen Detroit's offensive line play? You just have to generate a tad of pressure, and will have Kitna running for his life all day... Detroit is a bunch of pretenders...
I am no fan of Detroit...my point is that people need to STOP making excuses for this defense.....the Commanders have shut down some offenses this year that have been putting up some big numbers on other teams...that is the point I am making...it is incredulous that a team gives up 48 points in their own house and yet continues to have some of it's fans and players talk chit.

khiladi

Reaction score
bbailey423;1716050 said:
I am no fan of Detroit...my point is that people need to STOP making excuses for this defense.....the Commanders have shut down some offenses this year that have been putting up some big numbers on other teams...that is the point I am making...it is incredulous that a team gives up 48 points in their own house and yet continues to have some of it's fans and players talk chit.

Who have they shut down? They haven't played any power-house offenses except for Detroit, and as I said, Detroit being an offensive powerhouse is disputable. Green Bay has no running game, NYG beat the Commanders and put up 24... The NFL in general offense-wise is putting up really high-numbers. People talk about Randy Moss having an record-setting season, and Plaxico Burress is right up there with him. Tony Romo was 3 tds behind Brady, before the game last Sunday, and Romo wasn't the QB next in line to Brady in terms of tds. Romo is only 70 yards behind Brady in terms of passing yards. TR has 15 tds, and Brady had the performance of his life to throw for 5. 9-10 there is no way he would reach those numbers, and he'd be sitting somehwre at 18 tds. Derek Anderson has 14 tds, and he didn't even start one game. Peyton Manning has thrown for 1319 yards, only 300 plus behind Brady, and he has one less game in his pocket.

The game is suited for offense now... everybody is playing sub-par defense, primarily because of the way the rules are being enforced...

I don't know what your trying to argue... Are you trying to say the Commanders are better than us? we are 5-1, only losing to the Patriots...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
getting 3 sacks against the Pats is pretty impressive considering Brady is probably a HOFamer, his line is great, and they were running quick slants on us all day, which also became our Ds biggest downfall

RomoFan4ever

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1716355 said:
getting 3 sacks against the Pats is pretty impressive considering Brady is probably a HOFamer, his line is great, and they were running quick slants on us all day, which also became our Ds biggest downfall

When Newman, Ellis, and Henry come back, and Spencer gets some more reps, I think Wade's schemes will be unleashed.

However-I don't think Henry's loss had anything to do with losing to NE.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
The "blitzing scheme" isn't the problem, in my opinion.

Although the players are still grasping the intricacies of Wade's defense, the Cowboys have 15 sacks thus far on the season, the tenth best total in league, and are on pace for 40 sacks, which would be their highest total in a decade.

In fact, 40 sacks was the eighth highest total in the NFL last season.

I fully expect the Cowboys will have more than 40 sacks by the end of the year as they become more proficient in Phillips' defense.

In my opinion, Dallas' defensive problems are relegated largely to the secondary.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;1716545 said:
I fully expect the Cowboys will have more than 40 sacks by the end of the year as they become more proficient in Phillips' defense.

And because the teams we have left on our schedule are worse at pass protection, collectively, than the teams we've played.

Against everyone else, the six teams we've played have allowed a sack every 22.8 pass attempts. Against us, it's one every 14.9 pass attempts (or one every 14.1 pass attempts, if we include the Giants' two-point conversion play).

The remaining 10 teams on our schedule have allowed a sack every 14.9 attempts, which is what our average has been against better pass-protecting teams. We could end up around once every 10.0 attempts against worse protecting teams. Nobody left on our schedule has been as good at protecting as the Patriots are, and nobody we've already played has been as bad as the Eagles (30th-ranked in sack percentage allowed) or Lions (32nd).

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
IMO the problems with our defense are all in the middle............ILBs and both our S......

James and Ayodele have no clue what they are doing half the time. Burnett seems to have trouble playing in the passing lanes (though he does good at the LOS.

Roy seems to be confused in this scheme.....does he stay in the box or does he stay in coverage? Hamlin has been playing pretty well, but against NE he stunk. He acted like a rookie out there and bit on every Brady fake and put his CBs in tough spots.

I like the play of our OLBs, DEs, Ratliff, and our CBs.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
AdamJT13;1716562 said:
And because the teams we have left on our schedule are worse at pass protection, collectively, than the teams we've played.

Against everyone else, the six teams we've played have allowed a sack every 22.8 pass attempts. Against us, it's one every 14.9 pass attempts (or one every 14.1 pass attempts, if we include the Giants' two-point conversion play).

The remaining 10 teams on our schedule have allowed a sack every 14.9 attempts, which is what our average has been against better pass-protecting teams. We could end up around once every 10.0 attempts against worse protecting teams. Nobody left on our schedule has been as good at protecting as the Patriots are, and nobody we've already played has been as bad as the Eagles (30th-ranked in sack percentage allowed) or Lions (32nd).

By most indicators, Dallas' front seven has played very well. They're stopping the run and sacking the QB; consequently, Dallas leads the league in takeaways.

However, the Cowboys are woefully lacking in scoring defense--the most important defensive statistics--and they struggle mightily stopping the pass. In my opinion, these two are inexorably related; by stopping one, the Cowboys can stop the other.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;1716583 said:
By most indicators, Dallas' front seven has played very well. They're stopping the run and sacking the QB; consequently, Dallas leads the league in takeaways.

However, the Cowboys are woefully lacking in scoring defense--the most important defensive statistics--and they struggle mightily stopping the pass. In my opinion, these two are inexorably related; by stopping one, the Cowboys can stop the other.
That couldn't possibly have something to do with having both starting corners injured, could it?

thekavorka

Reaction score
AdamJT13;1716562 said:

What's the word on Tre Thomas? Would he be back in time for our game against them? Winston Justice in the lineup probably skews the sack percentage.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
theogt;1716585 said:
That couldn't possibly have something to do with having both starting corners injured, could it?

Certainly.

And I'm hoping against hope that Anthony Henry's return is the cure all, but it's still possible Dallas is suffering from a few coverage deficiencies at safety.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
bbailey423;1715751 said:
this is a bottom line business...and the bottom line is this: we have played 2 decent offenses...and BOTH torched us! Not put up good yards or a good amount of points....WE WERE TORCHED....There is no sugarcoating this fact fellas. It looks like the end of last year. And if this continues, Wade's stay in Dallas will be short lived...especially if it means we have to choose between him and Jason Garrett

And yet the "All is Well, All is Well!" crowd keep yak-yaking about how well we defended against some bad teams.

Our secondary is vulnerable but adequate against the half-ash teams

But guys and dolls, it won't work in the playoffs.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1716598 said:

And yet the "All is Well, All is Well!" crowd keep yak-yaking about how well we defended against some bad teams.

Our secondary is vulnerable but adequate against the half-ash teams

But guys and dolls, it won't work in the playoffs.
Apparently you guys still haven't figured out that this thread is about blitzing schemes and the front seven.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;1716583 said:
However, the Cowboys are woefully lacking in scoring defense--the most important defensive statistics--and they struggle mightily stopping the pass.

It remains to be seen whether the Patriots game was an aberration based on injuries and the opponent (the best passing attack the NFL has ever seen through six games). Before that, the defense appeared to have improved (adjusted to the new scheme) since Weeks 1 and 2, even considering the level of the opponents and the injuries. I don't know that this game will tell us much, but the next two games against the Eagles and Giants should.