CFZ What do we do now at QB?

stinkface

Reaction score
Jerry said Dak is winning a superbowl so we good
I think that Super Bowl would be played on a video game. I think Dak is a good guy and a great leader, but he almost always chokes on the big stage. As the old saying goes, there is no lesson learned from the second kick of a mule. He is not progressing as one would expect after a great start to a career.

plymkr

Reaction score
I think they should give him some first team reps during the bye week. Just to see if he's close to ready. Sometimes, getting a QB up in the bullpen can be the shot across the bow a QB needs.
Yeah I agree. I’m kind of hoping they promote him to 2nd string during the bye. At least if we’re getting blown or blowing someone out he can get some garbage time reps in. Reps are reps and he needs a lot of them.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yeah I agree. I’m kind of hoping they promote him to 2nd string during the bye. At least if we’re getting blown or blowing someone out he can get some garbage time reps in. Reps are reps and he needs a lot of them.

Exactly, the more reps, the better. We know what we have in Rush. I want to know what we have in Lance.

Pipelayer72

Reaction score
3 excellent quarterbacks could be available from the Pac 12 after this season. I really like Bo Nix but Caleb Williams and Penix are also extremely talented. If I had to pick I'd probably go with William's due to his mobility and ability to read defenses. Dak really struggles with reading defenses and that is not encouraging for a quarterback with his experience.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I think you roll with Dak as long as a playoff chance exists. If that ends Lance MUST play. If they can get a couple games with him it will help tremendously. I still think QB is a priority next draft. The draft will offer some good ones. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES do you extend Dak. None. Not even if they catch lightening in a bottle and he wins a couple playoff games.

75boyz

Reaction score
I think you roll with Dak as long as a playoff chance exists. If that ends Lance MUST play. If they can get a couple games with him it will help tremendously. I still think QB is a priority next draft. The draft will offer some good ones. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES do you extend Dak. None. Not even if they catch lightening in a bottle and he wins a couple playoff games.
Exactly. NO CIRCUMSTANCES. PERIOD.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Unless the Cowboys start dropping games every week or every other week they’ll ride the rest of the season out with Dak and make a decision about him in the offseason. Everyone keeps talking about Trey Lance but he’s not even the backup. He didn’t spend the offseason or the majority of training camp with us. He doesn’t get many practice reps. If it were me, I would at least design a few plays for him as a situational QB this season to get him on the field. Nothing drastic at QB is going to happen while the Cowboys still have a chance. Besides Jerry is paying Dak way too much to bench him.
Bingo!!!!!

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
There is no scenarios, Dak is in Dallas for at least 5 more years, Jerry isn’t changing he’ll go in the ground trying to prove he’s right about “his “ QB. Just listen to him he’s not blowing smoke he’s pushing back and the more Dak crashes the more Jerry will push back, it’s not about Dak good or bad it’s that Jerry will never admit he made a mistake. If MM is the Dak scapegoat the Next HC will tell Jerry how Elite Dak is and bingo he’s in, how you think MM got the job. It wasn’t the year in the barn it was telling Jerry what he wanted to hear. Dak is here to stay and Jerry doesn’t care if anyone likes it,
LMAO

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I will preface this with I am not a coach, so what the hell do I know. But living in Kansas City, I have many buddies and we all love to talk about football. Many non Cowboys fans have commented in years past that they thought Dak got a bad rap for the most part, that not only can he play and be successful, he can be really good at times. Obviously not any longer.

I understand his scouting reports coming out of college and sone of his limitations but he has regressed. He seems to panic, doesn’t make good decisions, doesn’t set his feet when he panics and his accuracy is horrible. He just doesn’t see and process the field. I understand it’s a new offense but he is done imho. If you are defending him, go look at the internal polling on CZ, take the time to read about him from other sources. It really is kind of hard to argue that everyone else is wrong or crazy when so many see the same thing. No he isn’t the only problem, but he is a big one on the offensive side of the ball. Yes it could be worse, so be careful what you wish for, but it could be so much better.

We have to ride it out for this season and hope a better solution comes along for next and that Jerry will move on.
Hoping Jerry makes the right decision?
I just lost all hope!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My prediction as long as Jones is the GM and Dak the QB is...................
midnight-staley-pain.gif

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Really you’re gonna start another post about Prescott when there’s about 14 of them already and somehow we keep skipping over the fact that Prescott is not the reason we lost that game or the Arizona game I mean seriously are you guys all delusional what kind of medicine are you guys on did you not see how truly poor defense played in the fact that we had no one game and are running back from the football while the game was actually still in hand that’s the three reasons including the ski being a board that we lost the football game did you get a penalty his fifth game talk about the quarterback finally getting frustrated enough that there’s no one open the door to your play one dimensional football I’m getting no support no one open what exactly do you think the quarterback should’ve been able to do in that game you really think it’s three interceptions last game the game is already Ativan he got frustrated and first of all because there was no way to actually do it the same at the end of the Arizona game or four minutes interceptions this year Kim when the games are pretty much all but settled and why were they set up the app and then stopping or even slowing down anyone
I’m getting no support no one open what exactly do you think the quarterback should’ve been able to do in that game you really big is three interceptions last game the game is already Ativan he got frustrated and first of all because there was nowhere to actually grow it the same at the end of the Arizona game or four minutes interceptions this year came when the games were pretty much all but settled and why were they set up the app and Vicky Dobbs wasn’t stopping or even slowing down anyone
Are we gonna gloss over the fact that we had three offensive lineman promo offensive lineman missing in the Arizona game and a bunch of penalties and nobody was getting open this is common theme in the Latin pig defense doesn’t blow the app and sublime doesn’t play well not getting open there a bigger problems in quarterback and nothing you said about the poly gonna happen plus cats not getting cut at June 1 that’s still about I don’t know off the top of my head $39 million you think you’re gonna eat to watch watches franchise go down the toilet for the next three years trying to find a quarterback?

Some people in here to help big-time problems cause I think what they saw at the end of that game is holding remember those interceptions but nothing to the final score of that game that outcome was gonna be the same he was already quite out of hand that was some terrible things happening so let me get this straight you want to give me to Prescott winery why don’t we trade Micah Parsons and cd lamb instead of paying them because they’re not doing anything either we should not pay them literally trade them now like after the season and use that capital to go get your quarterback and let’s blow this mother up yeah let’s blow this mother sucker up right now that’s what you say it when you want to get rid of Prescott is no magic pill defined a quarterback at the giant *** the commanders ????????!!!!

Can you figure out how to solve the quarterback position just for deciding to get rid of their top 10 starter because the rest of the fan base is tired of seeing them guess what you’re not the owner you’re not the GM and you’re not the coach you’re not the schedule or any capacity have any football say you wanna be tired are you up to Scott’s gonna come back he’s playing in 2024 unless there’s some crazy thing happened and he forces his way out and accept the Trade
Can you figure out how to solve the quarterback position just by deciding to get rid of their top 10 starter because the rest of the Fanbase is tired of seeing them guess what you’re not the owner you’re not the GM and you’re not the coach you’re not a scam or any capacity have any football say you wanna be tired are you up to Scott’s gonna come back he’s playing in 2024 unless there’s some crazy thing happens and he forces his way out and accept the trade

There is no reason at three and two as a record for all these discussions to be happening because those two boxes were not on the quarterback is playing to see if the Saint Bernard no one game plan is often Zipline know how people getting open penalties what happen in the last few 49er games acceptance time did you guys join the ladies club against the 49ers

Gonna say you could’ve just put any of this under somebody else’s Prescott hate that because right now everybody’s waiting on the things that resolve any issues getting rid of the quarterback because he’s the one that sent out holding the team back you guys are huge problems and you all might need to see optometrist and psychiatrist and adjust your medicineS.

Do I think you can rent I got some rats to that was a big waste of space for you to post since you guys don’t make the decisions neither does the media you have no say in this Jerry Jones just gonna open cup of coffee and we’re gonna end up like the New York Jets or the other teams I can’t find quarterbacks were gonna slip out of the top five or top 10 and then jump in the bottom 16 how about that would that make everyone happy. Do I think you can read I got some rants to that was a big waste of space for you to post since you guys don’t make the decisions neither does the media you are not saying this Jerry Jones just gonna hop in the Prescott and we’re gonna end up like the New York Jets or the other teams I can’t find quarterbacks were gonna slip out of the top five or top 10 and then jump in the bottom 16 how about that would that make everyone happy !???!?!!?!?
Take a breath about every five stanzas and you should probably survive this ‘event.’

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
That a starting QB with Dak’s amount experience takes deep backfield sacks after 4 - 5 seconds elapsed - tells me all I need to know about this player. And it’s NOT an uncommon event.

Dak just lacks pocket awareness and tne concept of consequences of holding the ball too long.

THIS is ‘QB 101’ stuff.

morat1959

Reaction score
The sooner he is gone the better. Hopefully Dak will agree to waive his no trade clause and the Cowboys can find a team to trade him too. There are enough good QB's in next Aprils draft that they can get one without giving up the farm. Lance is the wild card. Will he be ready for next year? Is he a NFL QB?
If we’re around .500 at the midway point in the season, Trey should get his shot.

morat1959

Reaction score
Dak will have a great game against the Chargers and coming out of the bye against the Rams, the Jones' will sign him to an extension and we are all back in talking SB and buying merchandise.
That would be a negative ghost rider.