What do we need (roster-wise) to catch Philly?

Pipelayer72

Reaction score
I think Philadelphia will falter down the stretch. They have a tough upcoming schedule and I believe they'll lose 3 or 4 more games.

kramskoi

Reaction score
Philly is about to win the division b2b with hardly any resistance from the rest of the teams in the East. They are also the favorites right now to come out the NFC. Its evident now that they have lapped us (sorry homers).

What do we need to get to their level?
Above average right tackle play. THAT is what ultimately cost them a few weeks ago. If Steele was playing at his pre-injury level they win that game. Put A. J. Brown under lock and key like the Chiefs did and roll them up. I put this on Dan Quinn. With Goedert on the shelf Dallas won't get a better chance than on December 10.

They do have the inside track on winning the division but they still have to play the Bills, 49ers, Cowboys and Seahawks. Win all four and the division is theirs. One can only hope that the 49ers front seven can cause Hurts the same bit of grief the Chiefs caused him in the first half. The Eagles showed that they can be run on. A 49ers and Cowboys loss at least gives Dallas a chance, even if it's not a good one given the final three games on the Eagles schedule.

JustChip

Reaction score
Chiefs wide receivers just lost to the Philthy. We have that part covered.
They certainly didn’t help, but the Kelce fumble probably trumps the drops (by Kelce, too). And that fumble was a pure good defensive play. Kelce wasn’t loose with the ball; the db boxer-punched it out.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The Cowboys have an even tougher schedule. Are they winning out?
The Cowboys don't have to do that...just defeat the Eagles and some one else will do the same.

Now you tell me, what 12 wins projects like and team wise from HERE! Perhaps similar to San Francisco against Dallas in 1994!!

Last edited:

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
The Cowboys don't have to do that...just defeat the Eagles and some one else will do the same.

Now you tell me, what 12 wins projects like and team wise from HERE! Perhaps similar to San Francisco against Dallas in 1994!!
The teams the Cowboys have yet to play have a combined winning percentage of .602. Cowboys have four home games and play two teams that currently have a losing record. The teams the Eagles have yet to play have a combined winning percentage of .459. The Eagles have four home games left and play three teams that currently have a losing record. And right now the Eagles only have one loss, Dallas has three. I applaud your optimism, but if will take quite an effort to finish in front of Philly in the regular season. It may all be a moot point because I don’t think either team can beat a healthy 49ers team. I’ll keep my fingers crossed with you.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
50 mil/season. No, it's his fault.
Money may imply responsibility, but not fault. Attorneys make millions from that distinction. We have seen fans on this site for years basically say the same about a certain QB.

Robster8989

Reaction score
I think they are much better in the interior DL.
They have 4 players in the top 40 at the position (per PFF).
Carter, Davis, Cox and Williams. Williams is really starting to pop, and Carter is just a beast.
We have Osa and a bunch of Jags (good to see Mazi coming on a bit though, we need him).
Although the Chiefs ran very effectively against the Eagles all night last night.

We are better at Edge (though they are really good there too, so the edge is not huge)
We are both bad at LB.
S is about even.
Surprisingly, we are way better at CB.
That's a weakness for them.
Neither Slay nor Bradberry looks very good this year. A huge dropoff for them both from last year IMO.

I'd give them the edge at WR, though they are just 2 deep.
Slight edge at TE too for them.
QB is a wash though Dak is the better player this year.
Hurts does not look nearly as good as last year. He looks hampered a bit physically, and his accuracy is making last year look like an outlier.

I think the biggest difference is the OL.
Our strength is our G's, their is their Tackles, but their Center is a lot better too.
I'm surprised Tyron is rated so highly. He's been good but not great to me, but PFF has him ranked very high.
Steele has been really bad though, the weak link so far.
They can run the ball much better than we can, and their RB's are much better too.
That's the biggest advantage they have IMO.

I honestly don\t think the gap is huge. I give them respect, and they won last night, but the Chiefs handed it to them with the crazy drops. I feel we can compete with them.
I would agree GM is their biggest advantage, and their owner lets the football guys do their jobs.

JustChip

Reaction score
that throw to Smith I'm pretty sure Dak doesn't make

starts there
Wrong. He’s made that throw umteen times this year alone. It’s amazing the narratives fans lock onto that aren’t founded on reality. Frankly, if the KC DB turns around that ball is probably intercepted (as long as the DB has better hands than their receivers).

JustChip

Reaction score
I think they are much better in the interior DL.
They have 4 players in the top 40 at the position (per PFF).
Carter, Davis, Cox and Williams. Williams is really starting to pop, and Carter is just a beast.
We have Osa and a bunch of Jags (good to see Mazi coming on a bit though, we need him).
Although the Chiefs ran very effectively against the Eagles all night last night.

We are better at Edge (though they are really good there too, so the edge is not huge)
We are both bad at LB.
S is about even.
Surprisingly, we are way better at CB.
That's a weakness for them.
Neither Slay nor Bradberry looks very good this year. A huge dropoff for them both from last year IMO.

I'd give them the edge at WR, though they are just 2 deep.
Slight edge at TE too for them.
QB is a wash though Dak is the better player this year.
Hurts does not look nearly as good as last year. He looks hampered a bit physically, and his accuracy is making last year look like an outlier.

I think the biggest difference is the OL.
Our strength is our G's, their is their Tackles, but their Center is a lot better too.
I'm surprised Tyron is rated so highly. He's been good but not great to me, but PFF has him ranked very high.
Steele has been really bad though, the weak link so far.
They can run the ball much better than we can, and their RB's are much better too.
That's the biggest advantage they have IMO.

I honestly don\t think the gap is huge. I give them respect, and they won last night, but the Chiefs handed it to them with the crazy drops. I feel we can compete with them.
I would agree GM is their biggest advantage, and their owner lets the football guys do their jobs.
Excellent analysis.

btgboys41

Reaction score
I’m assuming those that have given up on the division are planning on Dallas losing to Philly. If you assume that, then I think it’s warranted to predict wild card.

If you think Dallas may or will win against Philly at home in Sun night, then they are only 1 game out. How the hell could that tie up the division in your minds with so many games remaining?

Isn’t the tiebreaker head to head, division record, and then common opponents record? I don’t believe they’ve played SF or the Cards who now have Murray. And we beat the Jets.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Mazi developing into a stud and reaching his potential would be very helpful. I am hopeful as he continues to get better.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Philly is about to win the division b2b with hardly any resistance from the rest of the teams in the East. They are also the favorites right now to come out the NFC. Its evident now that they have lapped us (sorry homers).

A Professional GM.
Egirls making trades and signing quality free agents.
Meanwhile we like our guys.
We are at a significant competitive disadvantage.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The Fan roster needs a massive upgrade.

Sad when one of the more knowledgeable members on CZ is an Eagles fan...

quickccc

Reaction score
1) Win the Battle of the Trenches on both sides of the ball. (No five sacks from Steele)

2) Do not beat yourselves - ala Killer turnovers and Penalties

3) A successful run game.... to which we do not have vs quality opponents
Effectively scheming our RBs into the pass game - to which we are even worse than
Kellen in Not using RB screens

4) Fully use and exploit WR Brandin Cooks' speed and skills vs Eagles secondary - Cooks should be
feasting off single coverage that Lamb's double cover frees him up from.
For whatever reason ( see McCarthy) we totally ignored and phased out Cooks in 1st half of seaon
until the Media dog-jumped " not fantasy football " McCarthy.

5) " Discipline- Controlled" pass rush vs QB Jalen Hurts: Chiefs pretty much surrounded, contained
and sacked Hurts in the first half. See " Battle in the Trenches"

6) Minimize big plays from Eagles and force them to be one dimensional, Pass only team.
- They love & live to take deep shots homeruns downfield.
Bland got burned by Devontae on one of those deep shots for a TD last Philly game.

7) Attack eagles secondary - they can be had, with opposing team that has the WRs to do it
Chiefs don't have key WRs- ... We do have such WR weapons with Lamb & Cooks.

8) Coaching: Our play calling can be Up & Down iffy with da Mac:
Quinn has to keep Eagles WR from beating us & contain Hurts, whether running or passing.

9) Much will come down to the team with the better QB, ..who makes the big plays.. critical plays ..least
turnovers, ..and who will be " Clutch " down the stretch and in winding last minute drives.

10) Special Teams - I'm bias but i really believe we have special teams in the NFL (