What do we need (roster-wise) to catch Philly?

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Philly is about to win the division b2b with hardly any resistance from the rest of the teams in the East. They are also the favorites right now to come out the NFC. Its evident now that they have lapped us (sorry homers).

What do we need to get to their level?
HEART, GUTS and A WILL TO FIGHT WHEN SOMEONE HITS YOU IN THE FACE! This team is lacking in those departments............ Beating mud ducks week out and week in doesn't mean squat. Until this club can stand up to the real bullies in this league, in terms of Horse Racing, the Cowboys are going to be just another "Also ran in the Race" club.

quickccc

Reaction score
Lol chill bro. Enjoy the season. Philly didn't look impressive tonight. They aren't the 2007 patriots (who didn't win either)
maybe the Eagles did not wow with the 30 point burgers ... but they played the SB champs in the loudest home crowd in the NFL ,..on Chiefs playing turf where they are usually tough to beat,..
and they came back from being down by 10 points.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Philly is about to win the division b2b with hardly any resistance from the rest of the teams in the East. They are also the favorites right now to come out the NFC. Its evident now that they have lapped us (sorry homers).

The Cowboys need a goal line a couple inches closer. I would say being a lap ahead is an exaggeration. I have no doubt the Cowboys can and will beat the Eagles with their current team. What do they need to do so? Don't shoot themselves in the foot with dumb penaltys and have Dak play well.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
May I add that Hurts is 10-0 against winning teams in the regular season.
I saw a stat about Dak vsbteams with winning record over last 2 years the other day. Frightening...especially when u exclude games where the other team didn't have their starters in (resting for playoffs) or didn't have their starting QB for the game.

He's good at picking the low hanging fruit though

Hadenough

Reaction score
I saw a stat about Dak vsbteams with winning record over last 2 years the other day. Frightening...especially when u exclude games where the other team didn't have their starters in (resting for playoffs) or didn't have their starting QB for the game.

He's good at picking the low hanging fruit though
But yet somehow these pro Dak followers think he is fabulous. Reminds me of the parents when I was coaching all thinking thier kid was the best.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
But yet somehow these pro Dak followers think he is fabulous. Reminds me of the parents when I was coaching all thinking thier kid was the best.
I heard from some friends that their kids are in leagues that give out ribbons all the way down to 12th place.

12th.

Wonder what color a 12th or 9th place ribbon is? Don't you run out of colors sooner or later?

Hey....he's your "off white ribbon." Hey...here's you're brown 9th place ribbon"

Lol.

Dak isn't horrible....I like him. I like him better as a QB than all 8 billion people on this planet, except for like 8 other guys.

9th out of 8,000,000,000 is pretty dang good! That's a brown ribbon to be proud of!

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
CD actually has more yards than AJ currently. At least if I'm not mistaken. Either way they are really close so you can check that box.
True but that type of Dez like receiver would be nice alongside him.

Reactions: CWR

starfan1

Reaction score
I wouldn't agree, both the center and tackle positions are keeping them from being on-par with the top contenders, that's 40% of the line, including the all-important middle. There are times when Dallas gets close to winning because Dak is balling-out but he can't do that consistently, it's a high wire act where the wheels can fall off at any time and often do against better teams. Look at the top teams this year and compare OLs,,, every single one of them has a better OL. Throughout the course of a game, and throughout the season, those teams don't have to do the high wire act, the percentages are with them, and they win.
I dont disagree on the lines it was my biggest concern coming into the season and it still is.and I also agree center and RG are our biggest concerns. I still think football is a game of execution AND circumstance and things can happen to dictate gameflow. The san fransico game got away from us quick this year and I think they are the last team we want to play. We just dont match up well and have to be mistake free. We havent done that yet but we match up better with Philly

We can beat both if we play at our best. If we dont we dont deserve it but talent wise they arent head and shoulders above us. They are structured better but they can be beat.

rambo2

Reaction score

Philly has a long way to go and have a qb with a knee issue.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

It’s all about coaching discipline. We have the players.

shabazz

Reaction score
Is there anybody else to beat before some here admit Philly is a top 2 team in the league?

I get homerism being cute and fuzzy, but I’m not sure how long some of y’all can keep up the pretense…..

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Is there anybody else to beat before some here admit Philly is a top 2 team in the league?

I get homerism being cute and fuzzy, but I’m not sure how long some of y’all can keep up the pretense…..
its philthy so never comes to mind... yeah im gonna go with never...your welcome to philthy credit all you like..

shabazz

Reaction score
its philthy so never comes to mind... yeah im gonna go with never...your welcome to philthy credit all you like..
I give credit where credit is due.

Once credibility is lost it can never be restored.

conner01

Reaction score
Dallas needs to catch up with the Eagles mentally, our talent isn't far off. Only difference is against top teams Dallas always make too many mental mistakes and I'm not sure what they have to do to fix that.
That is fact.